Pushing the envelope too far...
840 5 2015-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hbax450
lvl.1

Canada

Let's be honest. Flying at 100 feet over a green space, there is little you can do to crash your drone.

Then a combination of boredom, increased confidence, and curiosity get you taking a little more risk. Whether it is simply flying lower for a better perspective, or zipping through empty outdoor hockey rinks, we start pushing the envelope a little.

I'm wondering what others regret by going 'a little too far', resulting in a bad outcome. Was it the day you decided to zip around a tree or through a soccer goal?  Or was it the night you tried to hover the drone in your garage and hit the wife's car?  

Where should a reasonable person draw the line?
2015-11-8
Use props
tassanilla
lvl.1

United States

I was leery of flying over water before I ever got my first phantom.  I had one of those $49 flybarless counter-rotating helicopters and found out very quickly that limits of it's flight envelope.  When I flew it above the treetops a mild wind at ground level turned into a strong breeze that completely overcame the feeble tail rotors ability.  I watched mouth agape as it flew over a large pond and my attempt to make some kind of controlled landing ended up as a splash in the middle of the pond.  So, even when I'm not flying anywhere near water I sometimes notice my hands shaking a bit when I try something new.

Judging from some of the stories I've read here on the forum "reasonable" is NOT in the eye of the beholder, rather the holder of the controller!
2015-11-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

My view of 'pushing the envelope' is tempered very strongly by the cost of the P3. I view it as a flying camera 'tool' and treat it as such.
2015-11-8
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-8
Use props
CaveDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11549 ft
United States

tassanilla Posted at 2015-11-8 17:17
I was leery of flying over water before I ever got my first phantom.  I had one of those $49 flybarl ...

"Not the Eye of the Beholder, rather the holder of the controller"  VERY WELL SAID!  
2015-11-8
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I came too close to an antique light standard. On the grounds of our museum. ;-)
Took off the tips of two rotor blades, and the drone dropped into the soft grass below.

I don't know why we temp fait?
Perhaps and Just the nature of us, the beast within, still 'lurks' for adventure. ;-)

We need to be startled back to reality...

RedHotPoker
2015-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules