Anyone else initially confused by format of time/date stamp in Flight Log?
2434 12 2015-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Everyone,

This has been bugging me for some time and just have been too lazy to send a note to DJI to request a change.

In the GO APP, you can access the Flight Log with the icon in the upper LEFT corner of the welcome screen (this is just fine):

When you enter the flight log, the time/date formatting took me quite awhile to figure out.  99% of the applications use the MM/DD/YYYY format.   Not the DJI App.  Apparently, it is using the DD/MM/YYYY format:

Anyone else want at least an OPTION to change this format to MM/DD/YYYY ?   

I really think I understand WHY they did it....it really is the easiest way to sort from NEWEST to OLDEST.   HOWEVER, DJI could still use the DD/MM/YYYY  for their sorting software code, but at least visually display the date the way most people recognize it:  MM/DD/YYYY.

Thoughts?

2015-11-8
Use props
Rebel
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-8
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-9 15:39
Just like the metric vs imperial systems. We are probably the only ones who like/use MM/DD/YYYY.

Pretty much the case, the rest of the world uses DD/MM/YYY. Just as the only three countries in the world that have not officially adopted the Metric system are the USA, Liberia and Myanmar.
2015-11-8
Use props
Slyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

I have the same issue for a very long time and I have been in touch with Autumn and she has been helping me.

heres my thread http://forum.dji.com/thread-23015-1-1.html

Autumn finally came back to me today saying there will be a new DJI app coming soon sometime next week and she did say it should solve the issue.
2015-11-8
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-9 13:59
Pretty much the case, the rest of the world uses DD/MM/YYY. Just as the only three countries in th ...

Not completely... Since I moved from the EU to Taiwan, I've been trying to wrap my head around the YYYY/MM/DD system here... or even worse, the YYY/MM/DD (they don't use the gregorian calendar for official documents... we're in year 104 of the Republic of China).
Fun times can be had outside the US too!
2015-11-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Rincewind Posted at 2015-11-9 19:04
No completely... Since I moved from the EU to Taiwan, I've been trying to wrap my head around the  ...

I must ask you, how is The Luggage doing?
2015-11-9
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-9 16:07
I must ask you, how is The Luggage doing?

Getting ready to visit Eksekseks again next year
2015-11-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Rincewind Posted at 2015-11-9 19:13
Getting ready to visit Eksekseks again next year

Really, I must look out for it
2015-11-9
Use props
Rincewind
lvl.4
  • >>>
Taiwan

Geebax Posted at 2015-11-9 16:16
Really, I must look out for it

I can tell it to try and visit... but I'm not sure it'd be wise for either you, or your phantom ;)
2015-11-9
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It may be regional but this forum uses yyyy/mm/dd which is quite a logical format.
I use that too when naming files in folders as they self sort by date and name easier.
2015-11-9
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Rebel Posted at 2015-11-8 23:39
Just like the metric vs imperial systems. We are probably the only ones who like/use MM/DD/YYYY.

Interesting....certainly does make sense :-)
2015-11-9
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Slyone Posted at 2015-11-9 02:47
I have the same issue for a very long time and I have been in touch with Autumn and she has been hel ...

That will be very cool if they at least have the option of changing the format that displays.   I have to believe that the US is one of, if not THE, largest consumer of these drones.

And, I have found DJI email help very good on these requests.  I have seen a couple of other items I suggested as improvements actually implemented, so very nice to see DJI really does listen to it's consumers for updates.
2015-11-9
Use props
Slyone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1715308 ft
Hong Kong

Hi Flight Raptor,

Have you had any luck with the new update?

Mines not working won't even syn and more to dji cloud. Are you having the same issue?

2015-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules