UK Inspire flyers, sound off
1871 6 2014-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So what other UK people are stoically awaiting delivery of this fandangled contraption?
I've only been flying drones for about 6 months and haven't joined the UAS community in the UK. Would be nice to hear from other brits about their experiences, expectations etc.

I got into aerial photography via paramotoring, which is simply amazing and a genuine FPV experience. It's very weather dependant though and after weeks of terrible weather stopping me from flying I reasearched drones and settled on the P2 and a modified GoPro. I'm more focused on the photography side of aerial work so had been planning on eventually upgrading to the S900.

I've pre-ordered the Inspire because I think it's a perfect mid-level solution, until I make the jump to something that can carry a larger camera. I'm excited to play with the camera and curious to see what else DJI brings out to plug into that gimbal socket.

While we wait around for that almost mythical email with tracking number, I thought an introduction thread might be a nice distraction.

I'm in Scotland, just outside Stirling. Website: andycampbell.org

It's not a drone, but here's short video of some flights around my local area:

2014-12-22
Use props
ryan6
lvl.1

United States

If you like FPV and paramotoring, you should enjoy this:
2014-12-22
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

ryan6 Posted at 2014-12-23 14:34
If you like FPV and paramotoring, you should enjoy this:
Chasing Paramotor

Nice. Would be great to get another inspire pilot filming me in the paramotor as I film the Inspire! Meta.
2014-12-22
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Andy,

Not sure you will find drone flight as liberating as paramotoring. Nice video. Just as an aside, my local model shop has a secondhand S900 for sale (TJD Models). Looks pretty new. Ironically, the guy who is selling it who works in the shop is buying an Inspire.

Regards

Peter
2014-12-23
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I was looking into 2nd hand S900s, but went with the Inspire. I'll give it a whirl for 6 months and see about upgrading.
2014-12-23
Use props
pauldean85
lvl.3

United Kingdom

I'm also in the UK, from Hereford.

I bought a Phantom 2 with H3-2D and GoPro Hero 3+ Black only in march this year, but I've found as fun as it is to fly, without any kind of FPV it's hard to get the shots I want. I was about to buy an FPV kit when they announced the Inspire - so perfect timing really

It's just a hobby for me at the moment, but I'm wanting to get BNUC-S certified for commercial use of the Inspire next year.

Your photos are awesome by the way, Andy!
2014-12-24
Use props
jamess3430
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I am in Cumbria UK and fly the Phantom Vision plus and have made a few videos for local organisations. I think it is an incredible machine and have had many happy flights with it.
I have a Inspire on pre order.
I think DJI with its innovative technology will become the new Apple.
I think your video is superb Andy, and very creative
2014-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules