S1000 Arm Oscillations
1258 5 2015-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonathan.deibel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am looking to get some advice on a problem i'm having with the arms on my S1000, i've recently noticed that some of the arms are oscillating at various motor speeds, particurlly noticeable at arming speeds.

I've had a search through the forum to see how this has been looked at before but I have reduced the gains to 110 for all values on the basic settings and the probem still persists.

My thinking is that blades are not properly positioned when they are folded out and then the centrifugal force should balance them but I have also tried this by using the copter briefly and then landing and checking the props again and they still have the oscillations. I have ordered a torque screwdriver to check all props are correctly tightened but I have never touched the effected motors and the sight lines have not moved. The dampers all appear to be in good order and there arnt any loose bolts in the motor arm assembly.

A video clearly showing the problem can be seen here ->
2015-11-9
Use props
PrairieRotors
lvl.1
Canada

Check all your screws on the motor those screws in the dampers need to be tight.

Also check the arm screws on top and on the bottom that connect the arm hinge to the main body.

If that doesn't work your dampeners may need replacement. I replace mine on all my machines every 20 flights or so.
2015-11-9
Use props
jonathan.deibel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

After checking all the bolts they are all at the fine. Every 20 flights seems like a big failing in the design? how would you know when they need to be replaced? all of the motor mounts have a small amount of play but I would say its unlikely to be causing such a large vibration
2015-11-11
Use props
ducpeter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

your props are to tide
2015-11-13
Use props
dennismurry08
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was going to say the same thing...the props look too tight...I adjust mine by taking hold of each prop. I push them forward to see if they are equal and they should not turn the motor, If one side pushes the motor, its too tight...they should push forward and backward without moving the motor...or you can get a torque wrench...i prefer the hand method. But not so loose as they fall down when you fold down the arms...mine would be considered snug..
2015-11-13
Use props
jonathan.deibel
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks guys, some minor tweaking with the bolts has solved the problem. we do check the tensions when setting up each time but these have obviously just got a little too tight over time. Cheers
2015-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules