Am i the unluckiest man in Britain ?
1359 12 2015-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

hi guys as you may know if you have seen my recent posts im trying to start using goggles with my P3A ...

so i bought the HDMI board ages ago then i got my new goggles in the post the other day ( FATSHARK DOMINATOR V3s ) and set about setting it all up ..

i installed the board and connected the goggles and all i could see was the OSD on the screen ..

for two days now iv been trying to get the goggles to work and the internet or the forums have no help what so ever so im on my own ..

heres what iv tried so far ............. in the app iv set the toggle to output to app and screen and to screen on its own ..

iv tried every switch combination on the goggles to no avail ..

i tried my playstation and my dvd player with the goggles and there is nothing ..

im getting OSD with the phantom but thats all im getting ..

with the HDMI board the USB port is perfect but the HDMI port isnt working ..  iv plugged my tv into the port and im getting OSD but no picture ..

when i plug any source into the HDMI port it says on the app NO SIGNAL in red along the top ..

iv took the board out and put it back in again checking the connections and its in fine ..

so iv checked both items independent of each other and it seems i have two faulty items ....

has anybody any input before i send the whole lot back and forget about it ? ....

2015-11-9
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45226 ft
United Kingdom

I think you already know the answer to your question... You're going to have to bite the bullet and send the module back for replacing? Have you tried connecting your goggles to a different 720p HDMI source?
2015-11-9
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Phuglie Posted at 2015-11-9 23:33
I think you already know the answer to your question... You're going to have to bite the bullet and  ...

yes iv tried them on my playstation with an old game in it that is 720p and iv tried my dvd player as well ....
2015-11-9
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

BASS 666 Posted at 2015-11-10 08:03
yes iv tried them on my playstation with an old game in it that is 720p and iv tried my dvd player ...

So your goggles was working in a playstation and DVD? did you try to use your HDMI output  on something else like your TV?
2015-11-9
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BASS 666 Posted at 2015-11-10 00:03
yes iv tried them on my playstation with an old game in it that is 720p and iv tried my dvd player ...

Is there a setting on the DVD player to output at 720p? Try that with the goggles first before concluding they are faulty. Also the fact that you can see something on them when connected to the remote control says something is working but not as you'd expect. on the app can you see video or is it too dark and black? Try auto-exposure to get a picture and see if this is mirrored to the goggles. Next have a look as see if you can turn OSD off in the app.
2015-11-10
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

..oh and one final thought - try a different HDMI cable - you never know IT could be faulty!
2015-11-10
Use props
Orac1
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi,
Try removing the HDMI module from the controller and installing it again making sure all the connections are secure. My V3's work fine with the HDMI module, I have a little oddity where the image was initially cropped left and right until I hit video record.
2015-11-10
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

to answer you all .. iv tried everything you said and I never got a picture from anything .. I took the hdmi board off and installed it again and it doesn't even output to my tv ... I sent it all back today to see if its faulty so I will report back soon ... two questions I have .. does it matter im running old FW 1.1.9 and does it matter what channel im on in custom mode ?
2015-11-10
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

YES - it probably matters a lot - FW 1.1.9 was released 22nd May but the board wasn't available until mid-July - I'm sorry I assumed you had the latest FW on the Phantom installed.
2015-11-11
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Read this discussion thread and comment ... http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6&fromuid=34826
2015-11-11
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Phuglie Posted at 2015-11-11 08:47
Read this discussion thread and comment ... http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpos ...

thank you and I did read the thread a few days ago but he doesn't come back on and say if he sorted it ...

I heard from the shop today that sold me the board and he said the board is working .. his radio is up to date with the latest FW and the board works fine ..

so im going to put the board back in and update the radio .. just have to sort the goggles now .. I will report back when I hear from the shop ....
2015-11-11
Use props
Phuglie
Second Officer
United Kingdom

BASS 666 Posted at 2015-11-11 21:34
thank you and I did read the thread a few days ago but he doesn't come back on and say if he sorte ...

I assume your problem is now solved???
2015-11-22
Use props
BASS 666
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Phuglie Posted at 2015-11-22 16:00
I assume your problem is now solved???

hi .... yes iv sorted and documented it in a couple of threads for people to see ... turns out the board needs at least 1.2.8 FW to work and that's needed in the bird as well ...

updated the FW to 1.2.8 and I just have to take it out now and try it in flight ....
2015-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules