First Video with X5
1189 10 2015-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

Ok so not too impressed... ok but as you can see at 6 seconds in weird artifacts in teh trees.

2015-11-9
Use props
skycam
lvl.4

Australia

Did you shoot the video in 4k ?
2015-11-10
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

skycam Posted at 2015-11-10 03:34
Did you shoot the video in 4k ?

Yes shot in in 4K 30
2015-11-10
Use props
nilsblix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Ok - that was NOT good.

I have a lot of footage like this - totally unsharp. I have now started to systematic trying to find the best settings - but it is not easy.

Also it is very important to have the lens calibrated.

Just let us practice practice
2015-11-10
Use props
Linolens
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501250 ft
Macao

I see people complaining about video results all the time just to find out they do not have a 4k monitor.
I'm not saying is your case but it's pretty common.
2015-11-10
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-10
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

i am not going to give up! Been trying to play with the settings too. I was not trying to complain just sharing. I am hoping it;s more a week than a bad purchase! Tried using the LUT that DJI made for the X5, not bad but not that good either. The focus is a pain actually.
And in another video found out that apart from Manual exposure the other modes are not that good. A and S make the image change too much and never settles on anything.
Like I said don;t usually complain, have been happy with the I1 and X3 for a while now. But also remember until Jim shared his settings wasn't too impressed with the X3 either initially.
Like you said practice practice !
2015-11-10
Use props
Ryan Gordon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2186250 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've also got an I1 Pro and have the same issue you have.   The camera 9/10 times creates terrible footage both in video and stills.   I have tried to calibrate the lens multiple times.  Doesn't seem to make a difference.   

Like you, I've tried a lot of different settings to no avail.  It is almost like there is a piece of plastic wrap around the lens that is distorting the footage and making everything look blurry.  (there isn't anything on the lens, I've checked multiple times)

Coming from an P3 Pro - where everything just "worked" -  to Inspire 1 Pro  is a real change and to be honest, very disappointing considering the price point.

2015-11-11
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just shot some video and stills with my inspire 1 pro and after looking at them im wondering why i bought this thing?
2015-11-11
Use props
nofearmx
lvl.3

United States

Richardrambone Posted at 2015-11-11 11:30
i just shot some video and stills with my inspire 1 pro and after looking at them im wondering why i ...

Haha hear you! But I am not giving up. It has to be a setting thing we are missing. Has to be! For 2k has to be. I am hoping.
2015-11-11
Use props
Richardrambone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

nofearmx@gmail. Posted at 2015-11-11 22:22
Haha hear you! But I am not giving up. It has to be a setting thing we are missing. Has to be! For ...

Im sure people are thinking that we dont know what were doing and there right, but when you pay over $4000.00 dollars for something you would get detailed instruction on how to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules