Has Anyone Tried the Lowepro DroneGuard?
1279 9 2015-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackamick
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101988 ft
United States

I was looking around at cases for the Phantom 3, and saw the new(ish) Lowepro DroneGuard CS 400. Does anyone have one of these?
I really like the idea of having space to fit additional items (camera, iPad, etc), but since it doesn't have any foam it does make me a little nervous. Does the drone move around a lot in the case? Is the case hard enough to provide enough protection? Would the gimbal be protected (assuming the clip is used, of course)?

Thanks

http://store.lowepro.com/droneguard-cs-400
2015-11-10
Use props
rox68
lvl.1

Italy

I bought this
http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-hardshell-backpack-dji

It is very good...for me
2015-11-10
Use props
AK Eagle
lvl.2

United States

Can you put up a link to it please? I'm looking for a case right now and there's so many to choose from I'm unsure on one. It's a toss up between the Nanuk 945, GoPro case, pelican, or raptor.
2015-11-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

Lowepro makes some good stuff. I use them for my camera gear.
2015-11-10
Use props
Michael M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

dji hardshell is fantastuc
2015-11-10
Use props
jackamick
lvl.2
United States

AK Eagle Posted at 2015-11-10 18:37
Can you put up a link to it please? I'm looking for a case right now and there's so many to choose f ...

Sorry, here you go:

http://store.lowepro.com/droneguard-cs-400

Currently I'm thinking about getting the Lowepro, but adding some foam for some extra gimbal protection (like the sleeve that comes on the Nanuk 945. I thought about getting the Nanuk, but would rather have something smaller and lighter. Also, the Lowepro has space for me to fit extra stuff (camera, iPad Air, etc...).
The DJI hardshell looks nice - I just wish it had an extra pocket or something somewhere.
2015-11-11
Use props
aaron.ferguson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1641752 ft
United Kingdom

I opted for the ThinkTank Helipak - very good and has more flexible storage for tablet/laptop and accessories. The DJI one is just a bit limiting - and I wanted a bag that didn't scream "I've got a drone"!
2015-11-11
Use props
jackamick
lvl.2
United States

aaron.ferguson@ Posted at 2015-11-11 08:41
I opted for the ThinkTank Helipak - very good and has more flexible storage for tablet/laptop and ac ...

Ya, that's what I have been flip-flopping between. It's just much more expensive and looks a lot larger (due to the box shape).
2015-11-11
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

The Lowepro Drone Guard CS 400 is a pretty good and relatively inexpensive compare to other models. How much equipment have you got? There isn't a ton of storage space, which I find to be common in the Drone Guard models. If you've got a lot of equipment you could check out the manfrotto d1 backpack.
2017-7-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I have the DJI branded hardshell backpack, as well, more recently I bought a Plasticase Nanuk 945, for extra battery storage and more room to hold a larger flight kit.

I like the DJI hardshell, for its light weight and ease of carrying while on my Can Am SpYder RS-S.  They both have their positive and negative particulars.

Any suitable drone case beats the shipping box. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules