DJI Warranty
940 1 2015-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rkmacdonald60
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I bought a Phantom 2 with a Zenmuse HD-3D gimbal in March this year. On its 4th flight it dropped out the sky from around 30 meters, landed in grass and broke the gimbal beyond repair. I contacted the dealer who sold it to me and they asked to send it to them to have it investigated by DJI under the warranty. I mailed it to them in July, they sent it to their UK reseller called Arrilla and according to the dealer, Arrilla sent it to DJI for investigation.
According to the dealer, DJI won't repair it under warranty becuase it was a battery fault which doesn't fall under the warranty. The following is an extract from an email the dealer claims to have received from Arrilla:

"It's a battery fault. As we/DJI/you don't know for certain that this battery hasn't been damaged or stored incorrectly etc and it is out of warranty they will not replace the battery. The gimbal and propellers are consequential damage and therefore not covered under the warranty"
So we can tell the customer with 100% confidence that the battery caused the issue, the battery was out of warranty, and unfortunately DJI will not support any consequential damage.”

I asked for any correspondence the dealer had from Arrilla or DJI that relates to the warranty of the Phantom but they are refusing to provide it. I have no idea why.
Could anyone shed some light on this? Does the battery not fall under warranty? Why would the dealer refuse to provide evidence of the warranty investigation? How can I access the investigation results from DJI without going through the dealer/reseller.

2015-11-10
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

I think I would give DJI support a direct call and cut out the middle guy. Start all over fresh and tell support what happened. See if youngest a different result. Leave out the previous dealer info as you don't really know what has been the correspondence back and fourth. I had found support to be fairly decent and fair. Some instance of other pilots has been more than fair. Worth a try!
2015-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules