Inspire Pro X5 will not take Firmware Update to Mode Update Batteries
2140 7 2015-11-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex
lvl.1

United States

Hello!

I recently purchased some additional TB48s for my copter and out of hte box they need a firmware update. I have tried multiple times to get the copter to go into firmware update mode with the latest software and it just won't do it. I've followed the manul to a T, I've watched every youtube video I can find, and I've tried every random thing I can I do to get hte copter to take the firmware update and update the batteries with no luck.

Is there something wrong with the X5 camera that prevents it from going into the firmware update? Is there other ways to force the update?

Thanks for your thoughts!
2015-11-10
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

Remember you are updating the camera  not the inspire.  The inspire 1 update will not work.  Go to download and go to x5 update.  Hope this helps
2015-11-11
Use props
alex
lvl.1

United States

Ah, good point. Does the X5 camera update also contain the update for the batteries?

I will definitely try regardless!

Thanks!
2015-11-11
Use props
alex
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, Pidetectives! You solved my problem! I was using the firmware for the regular inspire model, not the Pro firmware. The pro update is listed under the X5 downloads.

Thanks for your help!
2015-11-11
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74783 ft
United States

Hi, thanks for this thread because I was having the same problem and now the TB48 finally updates BUT WHY?!  I am really confused because:

1.  My aircraft version and camera version remain unchanged before and after the update.

2.  The firmware on the X5 downloads site is labeled Inspire 1 PRO Firmware but the version number matches the camera firmware not the aircraft firmware.

3.  According to the latest version 1.4 Firmware Update guide, it is the aircraft that updates batteries that require it, not the camera!

Can anyone PLEASE explain what mis-conception I have about how this system works or which of the above statements is not true?  Thanks in advance!

2015-11-18
Use props
alex
lvl.1

United States

To my knowledge, DJI packs all of the firmware into one bundle (minus the remote). It is a weird update process. Hopefully they will allow for the batteries to be updated using the DJI Go app like you can do with the remote. That would be much easier than having to stumble through a much larger firmware package.
2015-12-4
Use props
steve
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17269813 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex - that's a great idea. Doing things through the Go app seems so much easier from the end user point of view.
2015-12-5
Use props
sfaulk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 956535 ft
United States

http://www.dji.com/product/zenmuse-x5s/info#downloads

Here's the x5 download link.
2015-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now