Problems with new 5.8GHz controller and APP
1490 4 2014-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gregg.smith
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Guys

I've just received the new 5.8GHz Phantom 2 Vision + Controller (with the built in dial for controlling the camera).

I've bound it to my existing Phantom 2 Vision + by turning on the Phantom but leaving the controller off, pressing the flashing red button underneth the quad and then turning on the controller.

It all seems to work fine (the camera gimbal settles in a half way position and when I roll the dial it raises or lowers the camera on the gimbal accordingly) until :

I turn on the DJI Vision App on my Android phone and connect to the Phantom using WiFi.

At this point the APP controls seems to take over and I can no longer control the camera with the dial on the controller.

Surely there is some way to override this - am I missing something obvious - I have looked through the settings options on the Assistant Software and the APP and checked online but find no reference to this.

When I turn the APP off and disconnent from WiFi the dial works again, but obviously I want to be able to see what I am shooting - for which I need to use the app.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Gregg.

2014-12-23
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to change the setting in the assistant software for "Upgraded Version"
2014-12-23
Use props
gregg.smith
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-12-23 23:52
You need to change the setting in the assistant software for "Upgraded Version"

Thanks Tony

Couldn't find that in my Assistant Software, so checked I had the latest version (which I didn't).

So, I've just updated to the latest version of the PT2 Assistant Software and selected Upgraded Version from the RC sub-menu, and that seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the assist

Gregg
2014-12-23
Use props
Tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

gregg.smith@exc Posted at 2014-12-23 23:58
Thanks Tony

Couldn't find that in my Assistant Software, so checked I had the latest version (whi ...

Glad you worked it out!
2014-12-24
Use props
jdemaio
New

United States

Tony@CVP Posted at 2014-12-25 09:24
Glad you worked it out!

Very helpful post. Thanks for the help.
2015-3-22
Use props
Advanced