Broken Osmo Charger
3119 23 2015-11-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
matthewpeevy
New

United States

Has anyone else had this happen? This thing is brand new and it's already broken... I charged the battery one time, and when I go to charge it again I notice the light stayed green. I gently pull the battery out and half of the far right pin breaks in half. You can see part of the pin resting in the corner of the battery cavity. So I now have an Osmo that does not charge
2015-11-11
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, where did you buy it ? If it's purchased from the dealer, you can contact the dealer and ask for replacement of a new one. If it's purchased form the DJI STORE. Can you provide the order and contact information? We will arrange our officer to contact you. Thanks!
2015-11-13
Use props
SkyPod
lvl.3
United States

Same here. I have a broken pin in my charger. I put in a ticket with support on Monday and still haven't heard anything back from them 4 days later. Now I have an OSMO I can't use. Dji-Amy, what are you saying, contact my dealer and have them replace the OSMO just because of a broken charger? I think that's crazy when Dji could easily send me a new charger ASAP.

2015-11-13
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

SkyPod Posted at 2015-11-13 20:40
Same here. I have a broken pin in my charger. I put in a ticket with support on Monday and still hav ...

If you purchased it from the dealer, you can ask for an exchange of battery charger when it have quality issue. I am sorry for the late reply from the technical support. Can you give me your contact email, so I can let the support contact you ASAP.
2015-11-16
Use props
matthewpeevy
New

United States

I purchased mine from a dealer. Here's the catch though-nobody has extra chargers in stock!!! I specifically purchased from B&H. They were understanding, but said they could do nothing until DJI ships more chargers as well as the other accessories to them.
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

matthewpeevy@gm Posted at 2015-11-18 00:06
I purchased mine from a dealer. Here's the catch though-nobody has extra chargers in stock!!! I spec ...

Please tell the dealer to contact DJI about the accessories need, if they already ordered this, the shipping should be on the way. Can you provide a photo of the broken charger to help us analysis the quality issue? Thanks!
2015-11-17
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Oh my!  It's just one thing after another.
2015-11-17
Use props
DaveReidPhoto
lvl.2

Australia

i have had this issue with my charger too - however i let my battery stay in the charger but pulled it out of power.  that drained the capacitors in the charger and then plugged in back in and it charged it up again.

hope this helps.
2015-11-28
Use props
TravisSRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-17 22:51
Please tell the dealer to contact DJI about the accessories need, if they already ordered this, th ...

Mine just broke the first time I charged my battery!  I ordered from the DJI Store.  How can I get warranty replacement?
2015-12-31
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

TravisSRT Posted at 2016-1-1 06:08
Mine just broke the first time I charged my battery!  I ordered from the DJI Store.  How can I get ...

Please contact DJI technical support in the US. They will arrange you a ticket. http://www.dji.com/support/product/osmo
2016-1-4
Use props
glen.mcdowellph
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815102 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same thing just happened to me. First charge. Far left pin broken. I purchased from B&H and am waiting to here back from an email asking what to do.
2016-1-8
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Be sure to fit and remove battery correctly to avoid damage to charger pins, to put battery in charger place terminal end in first then push toward the charger pins and press down the non terminal end into the charger, to remove push the battery towards the terminals then lift up the non terminal end first and remove, The batteries have a little lip on the bottem of the terminals this can cause the charger pins to break if battery pulled straight up and out or the battery terminal end removed first from the charger
2016-1-9
Use props
glen mcdowell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 815102 ft
  • >>>
United States

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-1-9 16:47
Be sure to fit and remove battery correctly to avoid damage to charger pins, to put battery in charg ...

Redesign would be ideal incorporating a slide in connection.  The battery should not be able to pulled out incorrectly.  As it is now the battery fits in the charger backwards which also can damage the pins.
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

glen mcdowell Posted at 2016-2-26 08:48
Redesign would be ideal incorporating a slide in connection.  The battery should not be able to pu ...

Thanks for your advice! We'll convey your feedback to our engineers and they will look into it.
2016-2-25
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

glen mcdowell Posted at 2016-2-26 08:48
Redesign would be ideal incorporating a slide in connection.  The battery should not be able to pu ...

One way fitting battery or slide in would be a very good idea
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2016-2-26 16:11
One way fitting battery or slide in would be a very good idea

What you mean is just like the charging method of Phantom withe battery, isn't it? Our engineer will think about it. Thank you for your ideas!
2016-2-26
Use props
nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

That's right Adela, battery fits one way only into the charger,"
2016-2-26
Use props
juansantiuste
lvl.2

Spain

I had the same Issue, two pins are broken in te lower part but the charger still works.
2016-2-27
Use props
nikonlarry
lvl.1

United States

I got a new Osmo and the battery would not charge. Opened up a support ticket. They wanted to know the purchase company and invoice etc. Fair enough. While waiting for the support ticket to generate a RMA form I bought a new DJI battery. It would not charge either. So I an pretty sure the charger is the problem. I left the battery on the charger while the charger was unplugged from the wall output. After a few hours the green light was off on the charger so the battery was completely discharged. Not the best thing for a LiPo battery. Plugged everything in and it would not charge. Hopefully DJI will send me out a new charger and it will work.
I am thinking about getting a Inspire 5R but not sure about the quality of the DJI products it they can't seem to put enough quality into their chargers.

2016-3-31
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nikonlarry Posted at 2016-4-1 11:34
I got a new Osmo and the battery would not charge. Opened up a support ticket. They wanted to know t ...

Sorry about the problem!
The inferior charger may flow into market accidentally, we'll improve our QC management.
If you need any help about your support ticket, please tell me your ticket number first, I'll try to help to deal with your case ASAP.
Thanks for your understanding!
2016-3-31
Use props
nikonlarry
lvl.1

United States

Thanks Adela. Could not wait to use the Osmo so I bought a 3rd party dual battery charger from Amazon and now I have both batteries charged and am ready to go. I have been without the use of the $569 Osmo since March 22.
2016-4-2
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nikonlarry Posted at 2016-4-3 11:51
Thanks Adela. Could not wait to use the Osmo so I bought a 3rd party dual battery charger from Amazo ...

Hope you'll enjoy it!
2016-4-4
Use props
nikonlarry
lvl.1

United States

Still hoping to get a new charger from DJI. Case number #275037
No response from the support folks on getting an RMA for the charger.
Any help would be appreciated.
2016-4-11
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

nikonlarry Posted at 2016-4-11 23:35
Still hoping to get a new charger from DJI. Case number #275037
No response from the support folks ...

Hi,
I've tracked out your Ticket#275037.
Sorry for any delay!
According to your provided proof of purchase and the description about the problem, the problem is probably out of the Charger. As you can find in our official website (http://www.dji.com/service), the osmo charger is in our 12 months warranty, so you're still entitled to claim a warranty after-sales service, but we'll need to test your charger first and once it's proven to be the truth we've been told, we'll help to deal with it according to our policy strictly, repair or exchange, etc.

I'll help to follow up the next processes. Please check your email in time.
Thanks for your cooperation!
2016-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules