P3 props / motors
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwjorgensen
lvl.2
United States

Random question, b/c I might have ran into a tree and watched it fall to the ground about 12 feet up. One of the arms was bent a little - enough so that the prop was scraping the top of the P3. So, I managed to bend it back into place. It flies fine with no issues. Was just looking at it some more tonight, and are all the motors completely horizontal? Or do they have some sort of "tilt" to them? I can post pictures if needed.
2015-11-11
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

rwjorgensen, motors are not horizontal, but tilted to 3' for better flight perfomance
2015-11-11
Use props
rwjorgensen
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-11 19:51
rwjorgensen, motors are not horizontal, but tilted to 3' for better flight perfomance

thanks. was kinda scared everything was bent. ha.
2015-11-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I had a very small fall from of about 1 meter.  It tweaked the shell VERY slightly, just enough you could see about a 1/32 inch bulge at a couple of places in the shell seam.  It tore two of the gimbal cables out of their connectors and broke two props.  I replaced the gimbal wires and put a new set of props on it.  There was no damage to the gimbal itself and it works just like it did before the incident.  What I do notice is a slightly different pitch to the motors in hover.  I can see a SLIGHT tilt to one motor, and I think that is the cause for a little different sound as it upsets the normal balance of power.  It flies fine, camera/gimbal works fine.  I just don't like that the motor is canted slightly, and will replace the shell at some point this winter.
2015-11-11
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-12 01:51

Tim is that 3 degrees i cant see a tilt .The inspire has a notable tilt but i cant see any tilt on p3p
2015-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules