How do I replace the Sd card in my Phantom 3 Standard?
15707 7 2015-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TravisCosentino
New

United States

It came with a small 8 gb card. I bought a 32  gb mini card. But I can't seem to figure out how to get it out.
2015-11-12
Use props
tdrussell1
lvl.1

United States

Push it IN, then release and it will pop out.
2015-11-12
Use props
IMI193 (RI,USA)
lvl.3

United States

Mine was stuck at first too, I pushed it in, did not pop out, I got a pair of tweezers and gently removed it, I did not use any force, it just needed a little help. Same and all other cards have worked fine since, click in, pop out.
2015-11-12
Use props
sportsfan4393
lvl.1

United States

IMI193 (RI,USA) Posted at 2015-11-12 11:53
Mine was stuck at first too, I pushed it in, did not pop out, I got a pair of tweezers and gently re ...

I did the exact same thing when I got mine awhile ago and it has worked perfect ever since.
2015-11-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,TravisCosentino
As all those guys told you , just push it in ,and the SD card will pop out itself . Enjoy your flight !
2015-11-12
Use props
TravisCosentino
New

United States

tdrussell1 Posted at 2015-11-12 09:26
Push it IN, then release and it will pop out.

if it were that easy I wouldn't have asked....that didn't work
2015-11-12
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Don't you just love it when people assume you're about a smart as a cinder block?

Here's a new one......
I have 5 flights on my brand new P3A and the micro SD card will not lock into place.  Just started this today.  I guess I've used the SD slot 4 times total.
Push it in.....the sd card just springs right back out.

No crash...nothing...just a failure of a very poorly made component is all.

And yes, I've operated maybe a thousand SD card slots in my career so I think I'm fully qualified to properly insert and remove an SD card.

I'm tempted just to open the damn thing and if I can't fix it myself, scrap the entire pos for parts.Anyone ever opened the SD card housing on one of these?   Pics?

The more I mess with this P3...the more I love my P1.
Found this Youtube video of the EXACT same problem.....

2015-11-12
Use props
aburkefl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Cessna172 Posted at 2015-11-13 00:20
Don't you just love it when people assume you're about a smart as a cinder block?

Here's a new one. ...

What? You don't have your diploma that certifies you passed the SD card applications exam?

Seriously, I had that same problem at one point. I kept trying and trying and trying to get the "latch" to hold the card in. On about the 10th try, it finally kept the card in the slot and worked properly. Made me so paranoid that I left the card in the slot for a long time and captured data from the card with the USB cable.

I do remember some time back replacing one of those "slots" mechanism in a laptop computer. It wasn't that complicated on the laptop. Of course, in accordance with Murphy's Law, the laptop was old and no longer under warranty.

My sympathies and good luck.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules