Some disappointing news may be coming
4240 24 2014-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

We have heard a lot of rumors flying about on the Internet....a million words written....a million words spoken. Not all of them competent. We are nearing the last day on which DJI will make the official announcement of when they will start shipping...if they are to start shipping by December 31. Now keep in mind, DJI has never given a promised shipping date....they have only said they will announce rollout one week in advance. Most of the information we have comes from sales departments, dealers, etc. but no word from official sources from DJI. With the exception of Tahoe-Ed (who never speculates and only gives his own flight reports...as a test pilot is expected to do), we haven't heard anything from other DJI sources that come to these boards. There has been no updates from Eric Chen. All we have been seeing are videos of a pass-around pre-production Inspire. DJI has been careful not to make promises they cannot keep. The silence is a bit ominous. So, I am going to speculate just like everyone else.  I have said all along that I feel the rollout date will be January 15th, at the earliest....personally I'm beginning to accept the fact that I may not have my Inspire until March. I really hope I get egg all over my face....but I think we need to balance expectations that have been raised by the marketing wing of the business. I'm sure many of you have purchased a car based on a salesman's "guarantees".... But take my advice...make a quick trip to the Service Dept. and look around and ask questions there...before signing the contract.

2014-12-23
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I do believe its all a guess at this time, till the first person says they have a tracking number and a expected delivery date, as for DJI im sure there Dotting there I's and Crossing there T's before they say anything. I'm sure we will hear something soon, maybe after Big dealers get there stock and get ready to start the shipping process.
again I have no fact of when anything will ship its all just speculation.
2014-12-23
Use props
jamess3430
lvl.2

United Kingdom

cmontisano@smuh Posted at 2014-12-24 03:33
I do believe its all a guess at this time, till the first person says they have a tracking number an ...

I have pre ordered from Quadcopters UK and they told me today that DJI notified them yesterday (22 Dec) that it had shipped its initial order of the Inspire's to them on Monday 22 Dec so we should get our pre ordered Inspire just after Christmas.
2014-12-23
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I can tell you this....it won't get here, by not even a minute, before it gets here.
2014-12-23
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2014-12-24 03:41
I can tell you this....it won't get here, by not even a minute, before it gets here.

Nicely Said Pete  
2014-12-23
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I am seeing indications that testing may still be going on. Phillip Bloom announced he just received an Inspire to replace the Inspire he received in November. He said there were a lot of improvements...but he is calling it a near-production Inspire. So mull over that for what it's worth.
2014-12-23
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2014-12-24 04:25
I am seeing indications that testing may still be going on. Phillip Bloom announced he just received ...

Pete I would think that there already boxed and in movement, as for pre-production statement well maybe its true he doesn't have there final release but an updated version pre production piece.
2014-12-23
Use props
atoddmiller
lvl.2

United States

I had ordered a case from Goprofessional and they were nice enough to confirm one of the rumors.  That being that DJI will ship a case with every preorder (I assume ones that are past the initial estimated shipping dates).  I thought that was very nice of them and hated to cancel my order from them but I did, don't need two cases.
2014-12-23
Use props
gruprecht
lvl.3
Flight distance : 136086 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My dealer just emailed me back and I see updated their website with "FIRST WEEK OF JAN. 2015 (TENTATIVE)"....... from end of December as they previously stated! It's a moving target....!!!
2014-12-23
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

Ok, we have seen a lots of preproduction units in the air. Thoose seems to fly nicely. Still there are no delivery dates. The paying public will have no problem with delays as long as you are frank about the problems of the casue of the delay. But no one has a order date of your customers. A lots of people are waiting for this aircraft to launch but we might as well use another brand to solve our proffesional needs and you know this.  
2014-12-23
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

gruprecht Posted at 2014-12-24 07:13
My dealer just emailed me back and I see updated their website with "FIRST WEEK OF JAN. 2015 (TENTAT ...

That sounds about right for there timelines of receiveg stock
2014-12-23
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

My dealers website states this........
Delivery is approximately MID-LATE January.
Dealer in BC Canada.
This is getting tiresome come MID Jan then it will likely say MiD FEB-LATE FEB.
Would be a confidence booster to here something official from DJI after all our money is in their banks making interest....
2014-12-23
Use props
hey3825968
lvl.1
United States

...that said, I can honestly say, I have toyed with several dealers from Cally, to Flordia. Yes, they want my pre-order money, I was told numerous times if I pay NOW, I would be on THE FIRST order out. They didn't even have "1" in hand to answer most of my questions, with the exception of, I would see it before January  1, 2015. One gentleman even gave me a shipping date of December 21...well that's not going to happen. March....are you forkiddingme! Sorry, I hope and pray placing my order through DJI direct wasn't  a stupid move on my part. I'm not sure I can hold out on of my clients that long. I didn't make the mistake of giving them a promise in hand date either, but.... Wow....this blows! I think some of you business tactics need some improvement overall. Just saying!
2014-12-23
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

hey3825968@gmai Posted at 2014-12-24 11:40
...that said, I can honestly say, I have toyed with several dealers from Cally, to Flordia. Yes, the ...

Well I guess im not felling so Bad my Dealer in Texas told me "maybe" shipments from DJI by end of December I think it was the 14th at first, its only the 23rd there are 8 days in December left, hopefully DJI announces there shipments before the dealers are ready to ship im sure there  P.R. guy must be getting rammed with these question by there dealers. I'm still in no way disappointed on this wait and making plan with a client expecting to use the inspire 1 for a commitment on a pre order probably wasn't a good thing.
2014-12-23
Use props
craigarthurson
lvl.2

Nigeria

atoddmiller Posted at 2014-12-24 06:04
I had ordered a case from Goprofessional and they were nice enough to confirm one of the rumors.  Th ...

The case is very basic with a zipper to open and close it much like a shell suite case I am keeping the order with go profesional as it is a pelican type case
very strong to protect my toy when it arrives.

2014-12-24
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

My only recommendation is to just relax and enjoy the holidays if you can.  Stressing over when it is going to ship is pointless.  There's nothing ominous about it.  Gearing up a launch of a new product is tough enough without having to try and predict when the production line is going to start getting units to the carriers, especially over an already extremely busy holiday season.

I would just put mild expectations on sometime mid-late January, depending on where in line your pre-order is, and where you ordered from.  If it ships before that, great.  If not, a month or so is still not that long a wait.  You know it will be worth it. ;)
2014-12-24
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

ETDroneHome Posted at 2014-12-25 01:58
My only recommendation is to just relax and enjoy the holidays if you can.  Stressing over when it i ...

Well, if they provided progress reports there where no problem at all, but they are silent. We dont even know if the machines are being made. I don't need a shippingdate, I need to know if they have solved the problems that delayed the launch or if they are close to solve it. The fact that they does not give any clues states that they have some problem thats not flattering for DJI.
2014-12-24
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

hej@mgns.se Posted at 2014-12-25 02:09
Well, if they provided progress reports there where no problem at all, but they are silent. We don ...

Well just think this may be there game plan all along to keep us on their toes asking them to feed us info so we can get our hopes up. I personally think they way there releasing this is totally fine with me, here in Cali its been raining allot and I would be tempted to go fly it right now between rains. but that's only me.
2014-12-24
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Either way you chalk it up, it is pretty lousy customer service not to keep your paying customers at a minimum at least informed as to their progress or status.
Specifically when they are reading all these comments.
Its not like i can use it right now any ways due to weather however last time i checked my cash always makes me interest in my bank rather than someone else's if you follow me.........
2014-12-24
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

latest post don't know if this has anything to do with DJI no saying much.

DJI Autumn's Answer:
Gorilla Drone Posted at 2014-12-24 09:45
Autumn, so nice to see you online it's been a long time. Is DJI getting ready for any shipping upd ...

Still got the same answer
Maybe they wanna keep the secret and bring a surprise to you all.

Don't Kill the Messenger,
Merry Christmas to all and I wish a delivery of a DJI Inspire 1 for all
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

I found this on the Web today from a reporter NEWSHOOTER ( Cut and Paste )  I know this may be OLD new for some but I thought I would share my find...

UPDATE: This is the email sent customers who pre-ordered the Inspire 1 from DJI:

Dear DJI Customer,

We want to give you an update on the status of the Inspire 1 shipments.

Because we are committed to giving you only the best systems DJI can produce, we have decided to postpone shipment of our first units, and we want to explain this decision to you.

Earlier this year, we started flying and testing the first Inspire 1 beta units. The technology we built into the Inspire 1 is based on all of our years of research and development, and we have always dreamed of combining these elements into one complete system. So these first flights were deeply important to us.

As these flight tests went increasingly well, we started bringing the Inspire 1 around the world to test it in different environments. At that time, we were 99% certain for a launch date in early December. Unfortunately, as we started ramping up to full production scale, there were unavoidable circumstances that prevented our best work from being completed.

So now it is the right decision to delay shipments. We apologize for bringing you this news, but we are working hard to give you the best products you need.

We will update you on our shipment times soon.

Sincerely,

DJI
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Here is one more I found on the web explain there Delay.   I know this may be OLD new for some but I thought I would share my find...

The following information was found on the DJI Support Forum on November 30th:

Hey guys,
I apologize for the shipment delay.
Actually we do have encountered some problems in production.
The worst one is the lens. The original design is lens + filter glass.
But we found that when the sun is not appeared in the filed of view, the sun light will affect the image quality.
Engineers advised to accept the result because it is just one case and will be ok in 90% of applications.
But the product manager disagreed. He insisted that the camera is the key point of the inspire 1.
We should do something to make things better.
So we decided to add lens hood onto the camera.
And you can find out the camera on website is different with the introduction video.
It is a big change and the date is close to release.
However there are a lot of work to do.
Redesigned the camera within limited weight and room.
Changed the design of lens.
Made the plastic molding which is 20 days in general and we compressed it down to 15 days.
Test and so on.
The shipment date was estimated to the end of November if everything goes well.
But unfortunately, troubles happened time by time.
We have to inform you the delay info reluctantly.

Please believe that we are doing our best to get it done.
We are more anxious than you.
2014-12-25
Use props
patoupoussiere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

hej@mgns.se Posted at 2014-12-25 02:09
Well, if they provided progress reports there where no problem at all, but they are silent. We don ...

I agree at 100%.....!!!!!

Please Dji, would you consider a little bit all this posts and give a statement?
Just give us some progress reports.!!!!

Sorry to say that but more and more i am thinking that in the European and American countrys costumer service (informations) is one of the principal points to keep a good relationship with the clients........!!!!!

So, how about you?

I would be very happy to have for one time an official response or statement.

Is that so difficult?

Thank you
2014-12-25
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

patoupoussiere@ Posted at 2014-12-26 03:49
I agree at 100%.....!!!!!

Please Dji, would you consider a little bit all this posts and give a s ...

I agree totally, but I am hoping for a surprise soon   
2014-12-25
Use props
patoupoussiere
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3316614 ft
Switzerland

Thanks cmontisano, it's good to see that somebody reads the posts

Hope for some surprise too
2014-12-25
Use props
Advanced