camera critical error - solid red light in the front of gimbal
6329 24 2015-11-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi guys, Im from Argentina, and bought a phantom 2 vision + a few month ago in USA. The phantom was working fine, untill one day in the middle of a flight I happen to turn the wifi range extender off. since that day, I couldnt get my iphone to conect to the camera thru the app and when pluging the USB cable, nothing shows up. everytime the phantom is turned on, a solid red light show in the front of the gimbal. Camera respond to the comands from the remote.here is the list of things i have tried:

update the firmawre on the camera (this was not possible, because it seems that the camera doesnt read the SD card) i have tried with different cards.
update the phantom firmware.
hard reset firmware update.
binding

should i try something else? does anyone knows anything about his issue?

thanks

2015-11-12
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Insert a new tested memory card.
Now press the silver button near the LED. This should take a photo.
Take the card out and insert into Card reader/PC and see if the image has been taken.

Other than that, I can think that you have a bad gimbal board.
Plug the P2 into the phantom assist and check if it can read the firmware.

If that fails then you may have to do a full P2 hard reset by jumping the NAZA.
2015-11-12
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi, dami
Can you take pictures or videos by clicking the botton on the gimbal ?
2015-11-13
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-13 17:17
Hi, dami
Can you take pictures or videos by clicking the botton on the gimbal ?

hi patrik.
I can not... i cant also access to the sd thru the cable.
when i start the app, and once i am connected to the phantom wifi, y try to access the camera and all related information, but it is not possible, it says "phantom connection broken" i can only see the batery for the wifi extender and the wifi strength signal.
2015-11-13
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-11-13 07:21
Insert a new tested memory card.
Now press the silver button near the LED. This should take a photo. ...

i have tried those. the hard reset and new sd and try to take manual pics... nothing works.

i believe it is a wifi module fail... but the red light on the gimbal is confusing me.
2015-11-13
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

I would start by checking the three cable that plug into the global.also inspect each one to be sure no pins has pulled loose.verify all connections are tight.
2015-11-14
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-11-14 17:23
I would start by checking the three cable that plug into the global.also inspect each one to be sure ...

all the cables are tight. on the gimbal as well as on the wifi module.
one curious thing:
while perfing the hard reset the red light on the front of gimbal remains on! never change the colour or turn off.
another thing that happens is that I dissconect the all the cables from the gimbal and I only plug in the 6 cables swith that gives the gimbal power and the red light is on  as soon as i power up.

any ideas?
2015-11-14
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

dami_zuniga@hot Posted at 2015-11-14 12:15
hi patrik.
I can not... i cant also access to the sd thru the cable.
when i start the app, and on ...

Hi,Dami
Please try insert the SD card  and  take a photo by pressing the button on the gimbal . Then , check the SD card if any photos been taken . I'm afraid there's something wrong on the camera board .
2015-11-15
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

Hi Patrick, i have tried that. There is no picture on the SD. it looks like the phantom can not access to the SD, because there is no conection to the SD, even with the cable.
gimbal works fine, and i have control of it from the remote.
2015-11-16
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sounds like a writing issue to the card or the SD component has been damaged on the gimbal board.
If you plug the gimbal to a PC, does it detect as a drive?

From your initial reports, it still sounds like the 3 grey cables have been damaged or not seated properly.
2015-11-16
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-11-17 08:34
Sounds like a writing issue to the card or the SD component has been damaged on the gimbal board.
If ...

hello, thanks for your reply.

when i connect the gimbal to a PC, it is not recognized as a drive. the grey cables were dissconected and reconected again on both ends (phantom and gimbal)

2015-11-17
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-16 10:16
Hi,Dami
Please try insert the SD card  and  take a photo by pressing the button on the gimbal . T ...

Hi patrik... i need some support from you guys! the phantom is new, no crashes at all. the gimbal is working fine (i can control it from the remote, it keep stable, and the flight control for the phantom is working properly)
i have bouth the equipment 7 month ago in USA. please let me know how should i proceed. i can send to you the faulty gimbal for checking.
2015-11-17
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

dami_zuniga@hot Posted at 2015-11-17 21:35
Hi patrik... i need some support from you guys! the phantom is new, no crashes at all. the gimbal  ...

Guys really? is this the support that DJI gives to their customers?

I appreciate all the fellows that tried to help, but DJI has gone wordless.

thanks
2015-11-19
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

dami_zuniga@hot Posted at 2015-11-19 21:57
Guys really? is this the support that DJI gives to their customers?

I appreciate all the fellows  ...

guys, my issue is still unsolved... can anyone help?
thanks
2015-11-21
Use props
malvarez
New

Argentina

Hola Dami_zuniga.
Soy de Argentina también.
Tengo el mismo problema desde Mayo, Nunca pude hacer que DJI me de una solución.
Quieren que envie el Phantom a China, lo cual es imposible desde Argentina.  Propuse a enviarlo a USA, que es donde lo compré y me dicen que no es posible.
y después no me volvieron a contestar los llamados ni emails.

Hi Dami_zuniga.
I from Argentina.
I have the same problem since May. I looked for them to give me a solution and not make it.

DJI wants that I sent the product to China for repair. It is unfeasible from Argentina. I proposed to send this to the US where I bought it and tell me that is not possible. After this they have not returned my calls or answer emails
2015-11-24
Use props
dami_zuniga
lvl.1

Argentina

malvarez@troop. Posted at 2015-11-25 04:05
Hola Dami_zuniga.
Soy de Argentina también.
Tengo el mismo problema desde Mayo, Nunca pude hacer qu ...

malvarez, la verdad es que dejan mucho que desear estos tipos.... te venden un producto de alta tecnologia que falla, sin aparente justificacion y no entienden las limitaciones de argentina para realizar los envios y devoluciones. la verdad es que estamos al horno!

saludos,
2015-11-28
Use props
dsastoque
New

Colombia

Buenos dias,

Tengo un Phantom 2 vision plus v3, cuando enciende el gimbal estabiliza sin inconvenientes, yo muevo el dron y la camara se mueve en todos sus ejes.

Pero el gimbal tiene el led en rojo, no envia señal de la camara al celular, solo muestra el estado de bateria del extender wifi, conecto el gimbal al pc para ver si detecta la unidad de disco de la sd, pero tampoco, me prestaron otro gimbal y si funciona correctamente.

Desde el control tengo control de la camara por la rueda izquierda sin problemas.

Se daño el gimbal?, como puedo solucionar este inconveniente con el gimbal que segun el manual indica critical error.

PFv su ayuda..

Gracias.

2015-12-22
Use props
dsastoque
New

Colombia

Hola, cambie el ribbon cable del phantom y tampoco funciona.. alguien encontró solución??
2015-12-23
Use props
Mhook1
lvl.1
United States

dami_zuniga@hot Posted at 2015-11-21 09:00
guys, my issue is still unsolved... can anyone help?
thanks

Did you ever find out what the problem was? I have the same issue. Thanks
2016-10-17
Use props
marcespinoza
New

Argentina

dami_zuniga@hot Posted at 2015-11-28 09:00
malvarez, la verdad es que dejan mucho que desear estos tipos.... te venden un producto de alta tecnologia que falla, sin aparente justificacion y no entienden las limitaciones de argentina para realizar los envios y devoluciones. la verdad es que estamos al horno!

saludos,

Buenas gente, solucionaron el problema o tuvieron que cambiar la camara?, porque ando teniendo el mismo problema. Gracias
2017-1-5
Use props
fans030dd3ac
lvl.1
United States

dami_zuniga@hot Posted at 2015-11-16 02:47
Hi Patrick, i have tried that. There is no picture on the SD. it looks like the phantom can not access to the SD, because there is no conection to the SD, even with the cable.
gimbal works fine, and i have control of it from the remote.

From your post of 2015, my aircraft is doing exactly what yours did. Everything with aircraft works good, but the screen is black, only shows battery of wifi extender and wifi strength, nothing else. red light on gimbal is constant red. Did you ever get it fixed and if so what was the problem? I appreciate help with this.
2017-2-24
Use props
fansaabfbc93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140814 ft
Germany

fans030dd3ac Posted at 2017-2-24 19:17
From your post of 2015, my aircraft is doing exactly what yours did. Everything with aircraft works good, but the screen is black, only shows battery of wifi extender and wifi strength, nothing else. red light on gimbal is constant red. Did you ever get it fixed and if so what was the problem? I appreciate help with this.

I am having the exact same problem. Please, someone to provide an inside to this. PLEASE!!
2017-4-16
Use props
fanse2f8f697
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394 ft
  • >>>
United States

I too have the same issue with my Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Has anyone solved this yet? I would like to get it fixed but don't want to order a new gimbal assembly unless I know that is the issue.
2017-8-18
Use props
Luis Figueroa
New

Peru

Hi I'm from Peru, exactly the same problem. The device is new, just out of the box and no connection at all, solid red, black screen.

Want to disconnect the camera and use it as an expensive toy.

2023-10-18
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Luis Figueroa Posted at 10-18 09:45
Hi I'm from Peru, exactly the same problem. The device is new, just out of the box and no connection at all, solid red, black screen.

Want to disconnect the camera and use it as an expensive toy.

Hi, Luis. May I please know what is the model of the drone you are having a problem with? Thank you.
2023-10-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules