Firmware issue Please help
2701 4 2015-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mrgreygoose
lvl.1
United States

Hi everyone I just got the Inspire 1 two days ago. I flew it this morning twice and went great. I love the Pictures and videos. I came in the house and noticed a firmware update was needed. So I did the 1.3 and everything seemed to be ok but only the controller update caution sign disapeared and the other three remained. ( Battery, Aircraft, and Camera )
So I went to Dji downloaded the zip just like I did for the 1.3 update. By the way I did delete and reformat my micro SD so it was only the 1.4 . After inserting it in the Gimbal and booting up the inspire to update the 1.4, now the inspire only makes a loud, very loud beeping noise. A single beep every 3 seconds. There are no lights on the Drone at all just the battery indicater. The gimbal also makes a beeping noise. Also all the props and the gimbal seem to be twitching. I am getting a live image on the DJI go app but I cant move the camera. The app says its safe to fly but I have not one GPS on my screen and the app says this ( See Picture ) as the problem and solution. Does anyone know of this issue and can please help. I am very frustrated right now.
this.jpg
2015-11-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi,Mrgreygoose
Please download the corresponding zip file to do the upgrade . By the way , it is recommended that the users who are using firmware versions older than v1.3.20 to upgrade the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft . So , don't be hurried to updating the firmware 1.4.0010 .  Please try upgrade again .   If you have any other concerns , please check our official tutorial .
2015-11-13
Use props
Mrgreygoose
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-13 04:37
Hi,Mrgreygoose
Please download the corresponding zip file to do the upgrade . By the way , it is rec ...

Hi Patrick, Thanks for getting back so soon. I am really worried about this and hearing from you gives me some relief. I can only find the v1.3.0.00. You had mentioned downloading the v1.3.20, can you give me a link to that version please. thank you
2015-11-13
Use props
Mrgreygoose
lvl.1
United States

I have great news everyone. My inspire 1 is back in the air. I called DJi first thing at 12 EST which is 9 PST for them and after only waiting 8 mins I got a rep.
He said he thinks I shut the copter off during a upgrade and told me to get the v1.3 update back on a SD card and reinstall it. That I would hear the single loud beep noise but to stick it in a room where it wouldn't bother me and that usually in 15 to 20 mins it should force and finish the update. And he was right it beeped in there for 16mins. I felt like a dad waiting on his wife to deliver a baby in the other room. I suddenly heard a triple beep and then the lady on the DJI go app said update complete I ran in the room picked up my baby ( Inspire 1 ) and lifted her in the sky. Im a proud dad. I hope this helps if you get this same issue. Ask me any questions I'll keep checking in from time to time.

Louis H
P.s. I had chated with online chat europe around 10am EST and they said that MC ( Master Computer ) errors were pretty much a need to send back the copter that its only a Tech who can fix that and I waited patiently to ask a Cali rep and it worked out for me. He made me unscrew the bottom of the gimbal area where the black rubber is to gently remove and reinstal the 8 pin clips man was that a mission. All this time I just needed to wait a bit longer with it in another room.  Cheers
2015-11-13
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Mrgreygoose Posted at 2015-11-13 22:33
Hi Patrick, Thanks for getting back so soon. I am really worried about this and hearing from you g ...

Hi, Mrgreygoose
It's a version 1.3 firmware for the Inspire , version 1.3.2 is for the Phantom3 . Sorry got you misled .  Glad to hear your problem solved .
2015-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules