Benefits of shooting in 4K
1016 1 2015-11-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jennings93
lvl.3
Flight distance : 820102 ft
Australia

A 4K clip from a longer flight to Ralphs Falls in North East Tasmania. In this clip you can see how it is possible to use digital zooming and panning in post production without losing too much resolution. You can see some loss of quality in the zoomed in part of this video clip at 2.11 after the vertical shot.
If this was output to 1080P video you would not be able to see any loss because 4K video has all those "extra" pixels to play with.
This was edited in Sony Vegas 13Pro and Edius Pro8. Both allow the same panning and zooming. Edius is easier to use but rendering out 4K video files to 4k using DJI 4k files is about 8X slower than Vegas. This does not apply to rendering Panasonic 4K files from a GH4 or LZ 1000 or GoPro Black. Vegas renders much faster. By using the zoom and slow mo effect after the vertical shot, it gives the impression I was flying closer to the falls.
I couldnt fly closer on the day because of weather, lighting and height restrictions. I would need to fly at least 600m higher than my starting point and the end of the valley was not in sunlight and very difficuly to see on my Apple Airpad2.
You canot fly from a spot level with the falls because there is no line of sight.
You can see Mt Victoria in the background.
After getting permission, I will attempt a flight starting from the point where I took the vertical shot if I have line of sight for me and my spotter with binnoculars. I want to do a vertical pan of the falls.
The ground shots included in the clip are not 4K ahd were taken on another day, definitely not a drone flying day!

2015-11-13
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Nice thread! Thanks for sharing
2015-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules