Oh boy... ((Help me, DJI. You're my only hope))
1511 9 2014-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
brerwolfe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4182034 ft
  • >>>
United States

In terms of cost, where does the circuit board lie on the list of most expensive components of my Phantom 2?

I purchased my Phantom 2 in August and have had some good-to-great experiences until I tried implementing an FPV system. I've tried troubleshooting with various components, antenna, wiring, transmitters, repurchase and installation of gimbal... I was initially only able to get MAYBE 70' of range. Now I can't get anything, at all.

Today I decided I'd rework all the wiring because there must be a short somewhere. I came across what appears to be a burned out circuit on the board-- this HAS to be why I've had little-to-no success with my endeavors.
How can I resolve this outside of purchasing a whole new Phantom? Please tell me there's a simple solution that doesn't cost hundreds of dollars. I've already invested $2500 in this thing and have maybe only gotten a dozen flights out of it! Please help me!!

Burned out

Burned out
2014-12-23
Use props
brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I should mention that I have a business trip coming up January 6 to go to Hawaii and WOULD LOVE to bring my quadcopter along for the ride! Please help!
2014-12-23
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Actually not as bad as I would have guessed.  $59.99 at AtlantaHobby.com.  That seems to be about the standard price, only difference might be free shipping if you shop around.  There's a video on YouTube showing how to gut and replace the main board (not for the faint of heart or shaky with the sodering iron!)  
2014-12-23
Use props
brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

gil@wk.net Posted at 2014-12-24 04:50
Actually not as bad as I would have guessed.  $59.99 at AtlantaHobby.com.  That seems to be about th ...

Oh wow... I think you just made my day!
2014-12-23
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I will just say that before you get too excited, you need to find the fault in your wiring that caused this burnout in the first place.
2014-12-23
Use props
brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I had a silly run-in with a tree four weeks ago-- I think the tumble to the ground is what caused it to pop. I thought maybe the falling pulled some connections loose as the gimbal was slightly bent and the transmitter/antenna had come loose of its velcro placement.

http://youtu.be/f2qzakvVrJQ
2014-12-23
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

brerwolfe@gmail Posted at 2014-12-24 05:34
I had a silly run-in with a tree four weeks ago-- I think the tumble to the ground is what caused it ...

You should have bought a stihl, these Phantoms don't make a very good chainsaw.
2014-12-23
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

brerwolfe@gmail Posted at 2014-12-24 05:34
I had a silly run-in with a tree four weeks ago-- I think the tumble to the ground is what caused it ...

Oh the horror!  I could hear it screaming!  (whew, at least you didn't have to climb the tree to get it out of the top branches)
2014-12-23
Use props
brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I promise it'll be the last time I try to show off for an 11-year-old. Probably.

But really, I didn't realize there was a second tree along the path of where I was flying and didn't have any range on the fpv. It's my own fault for flying all will-nilly without scouting the area first. Learn from mistakes and all that.

Everything else works, thankfully. I've just been pulling my hair out over this damned fpv. Hopefully the new circuit board is the fix. I'll let you know when it arrives next week (if anyone cares).
2014-12-23
Use props
48Straight
New

United States

Yep that is a burnout. Get a new plug with the board. If they sell the board the probably either have the plug, know where to get it or have a number for it.
2014-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules