Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Training Videos for P2V+?
1738 7 2014-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

Hello,

New user here. I just recently received a V2+ and am very excited to use it.  I followed all the information in the training guide and scanned the QR code for the training videos.  Question:  Is there only 1 training video?  That would be the getting your P2V+ ready to fly?  The video ends with "In the next video we will go over..."  Where is the next video(s)?  Am I looking in the wrong place or are they perhaps in the works?

I guess when I saw the link for training videos I was expecting more than 1.

Thank You.

2014-12-23
Use props
48Straight
New

United States

I dont have time to google but I can give you things I have learned:

1. Always calibrate your remote, copter and inspect batteries with the software before any flight. This is an expensive camera and unless you want to see it flying away do it.

2. When you first fly you are probably  going to want to fly high and far. Beware of airports and the like. You can live miles away from an airport and still hinder an airplane. Know which way the landing strips face.

3. Beware of flying around hospitals because they have helicopters that can land at any time.

4. Always take off from the ground unless it is wet or has snow. Then have someone hold it to keep dirt out of the lens.

5. Always catch the landings as it is easy and why chance a crash.

5. Anybody can fly high and far, the enjoyment comes from flying low and in control. Practice circles and figure 8's until you can do it with your eyes closed.

6. Upgrade your UAV immediately to avoid fly aways. This includes foil a better GPS antenna, camera clips, camera guards, and NEVER transport it without the shipping guard in place including the very important camera cap.

7. Always record before the take off. If you do have a flyaway and you get close enough to it to reconnect the wifi you can watch and download the video to see exactly where it landed. Been there done that.

8. Get a label maker and put your phone number on your quad.

9. Tether the first flight in a strange area where there could be allot of radio emissions. It may look wimpy but I have had a flyaway at throttle up. Nothing worse than seeing your quad up in the air knowing you have zero control over it. Been there done that too.

10. I have more but I have to go. If you or anyone reading this has any questions PM me! It is more important to talk to someone that to loose your PV2+ or do something unsafe. I am on Mountain time but I travel all over constantly so roll the dice. If I dont answer I am busy.
2014-12-23
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

Yes, unfortunately the second video was never made. There are lots of videos on you tube that will be of help to you.
2014-12-23
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Yeah, kinda disappointing huh?  Unfortunately it seems the only "official" DJI videos for the P2V+ are here.  On a positive note there are bazillions of YouTube videos,  more than you could possibly watch in a lifetime!
2014-12-23
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

@48Straight,
Thank you for taking the time to post those tips, they are most useful!  By Tether do you mean tie a cord to it or something like that?
I am not one of those people that wants to just get out there and put it into orbit.  I am all about caution.  I will probably set the limits real tight so it cannot go to far before returning home, at least if I understand that feature correctly.
After reading through the forum the past several days it kind of made me afraid to fly the thing for fear that I lose $1300.  LOL.  I'll take it slow and extremely cautious.
@momochi,
Thanks, yeah that is kind of what I figured but was hoping i was just missing something.

@gil,
Yeah a bit disappointing. I have seen some interesting ones on YouTube, though.  

Well hopefully DJI will finish the series because the first video was excellent and the person that steps you through on the video did a nice job.  So if anyone from DJI is reading this, I think the video series would be very helpful and I hope you are going to release more.  Covering features like the basics, filming, ground control, etc... would be nice.

2014-12-23
Use props
48Straight
New

United States

Yes, tether it with a string. If you look around your flight area and do not see any cell towers buildings or other sources of RF I would not worry. I would also not worry about flight limits, much. The best way to test the go home is fly until you battery is almost completely drained and then turn off your remote and see what happens. If it is not set right it wont go far.If it is it will land. It will build you confidence and on the next battery you will know she will come home. Recharge your extender every time too. Do not fly unless it too has fresh batteries. You are flying, you are a pilot so caution is the name of the game.

Just go fly the thing and have some fun! Take it up to about six feet, check it out and start playing. Dont forget to hit record! If it does run watch it, if it goes out of sight watch your monitor.

PM me if you or anyone reading this wants to talk.
2014-12-23
Use props
rkroum
New

United States

48Straight Posted at 2014-12-24 05:56
I dont have time to google but I can give you things I have learned:

1. Always calibrate your remot ...

I concur with 48Straight.  My tenth flight or so was at our fire station.  Should have seen the radio antenna.  Lost control within ten feet and it flew into the ladder on the ladder truck at 60 feet and fell to concrete.  An $800.00 repair on a $1300 investment.  Expensive lesson.  Also, prop guards and a camera guard would have saved me a lot of money.  Remember, check for antennae!!
2014-12-23
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

I powered up and did a check for all the firmware.  It shows latest on all the firmwares.  Weird thing though.  The gimbal seems to make a slight buzzing sound when moving certain directions and it seems to get warm.  Is this normal?  I am worried it is damaged before I even have used it...

2014-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules