How to correctly stop the motors
23433 14 2014-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hcoduarte
lvl.2

Portugal

This post is to help the newbies as I am, that when using the CSC to stop the motors, you should push FIRST the throttle down before conducting the CSC.It is correctly stated in the DJI documentation, but it is very subtle (at least for me).

Merry Christmas to all!

2014-12-23
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Merry Xmas. I always only use throttle down fully only stick, avoiding this issue. Also! Note, when in flight, the  motors will stop if you hold throttle down fully  for 3 seconds, and crash.
2014-12-23
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

It depends for me. I never catch mine I always land. I continue t hold the left lever down to turn off motors. That said I have used CSC to turn off when needed.  Its a good system and I'm glad I can turn the motors off at anytime I deem nessacery. After all I am in charge lol
2014-12-23
Use props
hcoduarte
lvl.2

Portugal

umpa Posted at 2014-12-24 05:53
It depends for me. I never catch mine I always land. I continue t hold the left lever down to turn o ...

Thks @tonyphantom147

@umpa Im glad that it always have worked for you. The only thing to be aware of is if one executes the CSC  and not hold the throttle down first, things can go wrong. Said that I think the more options there is to control the copter the better it is for the user.
2014-12-23
Use props
jgustavoam
lvl.1

Brazil

I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D and Gopro 4. I´m confusing yet. I´m using Stick mode 2.
See this video. Could anybody explain to me if this procedure could stop motors on flight?
Thank you.
http://youtu.be/zWl5BGT-yPQ
2015-1-5
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jgustavoam Posted at 2015-1-6 11:12
I have a Phantom 2 with H3-3D and Gopro 4. I´m confusing yet. I´m using Stick mode 2.
See this vid ...

As long as you are descending or losing altitude, the motors will not stop by applying just the left throttle stick in the down position.  It will activate in 3 seconds after you are on the ground and not descending.
2015-1-5
Use props
markus
lvl.4

Germany

jgustavoam Posted at 2015-1-6 11:12
See this vid ...

also @tonyphantom147

NO! just like Jerry said, if you hold the throttle down for more than 3 seconds while decending, the moters will NOT stop. Only if the phantom does not register a decent i.e. it has landed! I don't know why people keep on saying this? The ESC will however stop motors, also while in flight.

2015-1-6
Use props
jgustavoam
lvl.1

Brazil

Tony in my video I held the left sticker in diagonal position (throttle down + diagonal YAW). I'm not confident yet.
Some day, I will test this situation , Thank you.
2015-1-6
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

But you were holding the left stick down for more than 3 seconds with the phantom landed, it does not matter that you also had yaw applied.
I am a hand catcher and use the throttle down to turn off the motors when in my hand.
Holding the throttle down while in flight will NOT turn off the motors.
The CSC Cross Sticks Command will, so don't do that in flight....
2015-1-6
Use props
hcoduarte
lvl.2

Portugal

jgustavoam Posted at 2015-1-6 23:22
Tony in my video I held the left sticker in diagonal position (throttle down + diagonal YAW). I'm no ...

To make it clear @jgustavoam:

1 - Locking the throttle down while descending will NOT stop the motors, only when it lands and after 3 seconds.

2 - Executing the CSC will stop the motors immediately, every time (i.e  in the air, or when it lands).

3 - If you wan't to stop the motors while landed using the CSC, first push the throttle down and then finish executing the CSC.

I hope this helps.
2015-1-6
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-1-7 04:05
But you were holding the left stick down for more than 3 seconds with the phantom landed, it does no ...

How do you shut down motors while catching phantom ? Throttle down or cross sticks (one handed) ? Because its still in flight ? I'm  Confused.If it only shuts down motors if it knows it's decendinig, if a gust of wind pushes it up while throttled down fully then in this scenario  could motors cut out ?
2015-1-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tonyphantom147@ Posted at 2014-12-24 05:39
Merry Xmas. I always only use throttle down fully only stick, avoiding this issue. Also! Note, when  ...

The motors will not stop if you are descending with just moving the throttle down,  they will only stop once the downward motion has stopped by a landing.

2015-1-6
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

tonyphantom147@ Posted at 2015-1-7 04:25
How do you shut down motors while catching phantom ? Throttle down or cross sticks (one handed) ?

Once you have caught the Phantom with your hand, just use down throttle to turn off the motors.  It will take 3 seconds to turn them off.
2015-1-6
Use props
fansd1fa4a3b
New
United States

Hello from Jim I have a phantom 3 professional, This is whats happening and I hope you can help I downloaded the newest software 11.? and now when i land and bring both controls to the inboard bottom it does a death hop and some times turns off or just hops around for a few seconds and then turns off the other thing it does if I hold the left stick down completly it does turn off just kinda freakes me out that its not shutting down the way the instructions say to do. what should i Do ? upload the software again and see if this fixes it or send it to the factory its only 4 months from the refurbished purchased department
2017-7-31
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

This is an ancient thread.

CSC shouldn't be used unless it's some kind of emergency.

Correct procedure is to move the elevator stick down to land, and then keep it all the way down and hold for 3 secs and wait for the motors to shut off.  The other stick should be in its midpoint and not be touched.
2017-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules