Intelligent Flight Modes don't work, no access to them.
4454 13 2015-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iflewbyyou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1066076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been trying to get the intelligent flight modes to work ever since purchasing the P3P Pro weeks ago.  The first day when I put the toggle switch to the far left position, I could see the five on screen options, for way points, POI, follow me and the other intelligent modes, but none of them worked. I would press one, (while hovering over 80 feet up and over 100 feet away) and I would get a message “mission uninitialized”.  Nothing more would ever happen, just that message over and over.  I have since updated the firmware in both aircraft and remote, now I can’t even get the five intelligent flight modes icons to come up on screen, although the paper airplane icon does show-up left of the center status bar, and the mode does switch to F-GPS mode.  I do have “multiple flight modes” activated in the prefs (have tried it both on and off).  I have recalibrated the IMU too, no help. The P3P acts perfect in every other respect.  I have not had a single crash or hard landing, flies perfect in the default mode.  But I am starting to believe it may have had a hardware problem since I took it out of the box.  Perhaps a bad or disconnected sensor?  I know for certain all the software is in tiptop shape.  Is there some other preference that I need to change other than activating the “multiple flight modes”? Any way to get this resolved?

2015-11-14
Use props
Westside Osprey
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

Have you enabled advanced modes in the settings?

If you have not then none of them work...
2015-11-14
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Iflew,

What type of device do you have.  Androids have to just through a few more hoops, but it can be made to work.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-14
Use props
snow.nick
New
Flight distance : 538684 ft
New Zealand

Hi
I have a very similar problem with no flight modes.Well actually  When i slide the mode switch to F the only mode i get is IOC. I've had a look around the net and i don't get the option menu with Follow me or POI like every one else gets. i just get the rest the IOC location. I have switched on the multiable flight modes and have slid the mode selection when im in flight.

My app version is Android DJI Go Version 2.4.0]
2015-11-15
Use props
Iflewbyyou
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Westside Osprey Posted at 2015-11-14 17:30
Have you enabled advanced modes in the settings?

If you have not then none of them work...

I find only the pref setting for "multiple flight modes" I think that is what you mean by "enabled advanced modes".  Or is there a separate setting for that?  If so, please tell me where to find it!  I do have "multiple flight modes" enabled.
2015-11-15
Use props
Iflewbyyou
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Cetaman Posted at 2015-11-15 01:59
Aloha Iflew,

What type of device do you have.  Androids have to just through a few more hoops, ...

I have an iPhone 6 now, very happy about that.  I've owned an Android tablet in the past, I own a Windows tablet which DJI doesn't even support.  Apple is tech king of the hill for a lot of reasons, and I've seen them in person. I'm sticking with Apple products for display my DJI products.
2015-11-15
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iflewbyyou Posted at 2015-11-15 04:06
I find only the pref setting for "multiple flight modes" I think that is what you mean by "enabled ...

Aloha Iflew & nick,

Try disabling multiple flight modes and then shut down both RC and P3.  Restart the RC and P3 and then take-off in P mode.  Fly up 35 feet and out 20 feet.  Toggle the PAF to F mode and it will warn you if you want to enable multiple flight modes. Confirm or press yes.  At that point the 5 IOC modes may show up.  Give it a try.

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi , Iflewbyyou
What's the version of your firmware ? Please re-upgrade the firmware as the tutorial shows . By the way,the all-in-one firmware v1.4.0010 does not include the remote controller update package. However, for the best user experience, it is recommended that the users who are using firmware versions older than v1.3.20 to upgrade the firmware to v1.3.20 before updating the aircraft.
2015-11-16
Use props
Iflewbyyou
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-11-16 04:11
Hi , Iflewbyyou
What's the version of your firmware ? Please re-upgrade the firmware as the tutorial ...

I've done all the most current firmware upgrades, thank you.  And I do know how to do the firmware upgrade for the remote control via DJI Go. Those upgrades were done and it still was not working. So, I did a second IMU calibration and afterward, my intelligent flight modes showed up and worked perfectly!  I am still not too confident they won't disappear again.  But for now, I am A-OK.   Thank you everyone, for the replies!
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Iflewbyyou Posted at 2015-11-17 05:37
I've done all the most current firmware upgrades, thank you.  And I do know how to do the firmware ...

Great !  Enjoy your flight !
2015-11-16
Use props
Cetaman
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Iflewbyyou Posted at 2015-11-16 11:37
I've done all the most current firmware upgrades, thank you.  And I do know how to do the firmware ...

Aloha Iflew,

This is great news!  Who would a thunk an IMU calibration would have that result.  Enjoy your flying!

Aloha and Drone On!
2015-11-17
Use props
Joe Marler
New

United States

snow.nick Posted at 2015-11-15 04:44
Hi
I have a very similar problem with no flight modes.Well actually  When i slide the mode switch t ...

I have the exact same issue. What is/was the solution?
2016-1-16
Use props
Joe Marler
New

United States

Hello,

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S6 cell phone and I can not get the Intelligent Flight Modes to work. When flying 50 feet up and 50 feet out, I switch from P to F and I get an IOC Reset screen. Nothing else. Any help greatly appreciated.
2016-1-16
Use props
hervey
New
Mexico

hey, i have a spark and an iPhone 7 plus and the intelligent flight modes just disappear i try to find something about it, but nothing that helps what can i do?
2017-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules