Phantom 2 crash - What now?
773 3 2015-11-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sini180
lvl.1

Australia

Hello, had an issue with one week old Phantom 2 and the unit flying away out of control and not returning home (did wait for GPS signal before taking off). I gave up on finding it after extensively searching in the direction I last seen it before it disappeared into the distance. About 4 hours later I had a call from someone who found it 2.45km as the crow flies away from where I took off. Unsure if it landed crashing on the way down or fell from the sky but 3 of the blades were cracked, landing gear is cracked and one of the arms to the props looks damaged. Also, the compass is missing but couldn't find it at the crash site.

The unit still powers on though constantly flashes yellow and will not pair with the transmitter. I have tried pairing, re-flashing firmware, calibrating, etc but will not pair.

I'm unsure if repair is worthwhile as all externals probably need replacing and perhaps electrical damage to with the controller will not pair. Appreciate any input as to what I should do.

Thanks.
2015-11-14
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You need to hook it up to the P2 Phantom Assist Software and see what errors pop up.
The compass is cheap to replace. About $20 for new integrated leg compass version.

The flashing yellow could also mean a damaged receiver board.

2015-11-15
Use props
sini180
lvl.1

Australia

The only error it shows is compass. but I expect the receiver / transmitter would still pair without a compass so this is likely broke to.
2015-11-15
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Explain how you tried to pair the transmitter with the Phantom. Tell us each step.
2015-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules