I need more info about safe flying.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Concor
lvl.1

United States

I was flaying my phantom 3 advance and after a few minutes of fliying "around 30 minutes" my phone started acting weired. it restarted on his on. so after it turn on I open the app and it wasn't even half a minute after opening the app that it restarted again. this happened 3/4 more times and eventualy I had to land the drone and quite. I tought it was too cold for the phone and that that was the reason why it kept restarting but after I unplug my phone from the RC my phone stay on and it didn't restated any more. has this happened to anybody else? if so how did you fix it. and finaly. if this happens again, can I still fly the phantom with out the phone and app. is ti safe to do so?

Thanks in advace to those who answer my ??????

2015-11-16
Use props
quikdom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I always reboot my phone before I start the Go App and start flying.  In my mind it clears any 'problems' the phone my have stored up during normal daily use.
2015-11-16
Use props
Rocket_Aus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Need more info what phone do you have?
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

what phone are you using ? it could be overheating
2015-11-16
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Don't have an easy solution to your problem. When the weather was warmer, it was easier to blame problems on your device overheating. Now that temps have cooled off significantly....

As far as flying without the device - once you're flying you *can* fly without your device. As long as there's a controlling signal between your controller and your Phantom, you're fine. You'll be "flying blind" but you can still fly.

Obviously, you will no longer be able to see anything on your device, so you'll have to fly in a totally manual mode, keeping your Phantom close enough to make sure you're not about to run into anything and keep an eye on your orientation in case of an emergency.

You can also take pictures and/or videos after you've lost the connection to your device.

If you lose the control signal, it's a whole new ballgame. If you lose that signal and can't see your Phantom, you better hope your RTH alititude is adequately set for a safe return!

I flew mine "blind" once, mostly as an experiment. A lot less fun!

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-16
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2015-11-16 04:59
what phone are you using ? it could be overheating

Iphone 5s but it wasn't hot. at least on the outer shell it wasn't the temp out side was about 40 degrees F. when I unplug the phone it was really cold.
2015-11-16
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-11-16 06:15
Don't have an easy solution to your problem. When the weather was warmer, it was easier to blame pro ...

thanks for your comment. that is exactly what I was wondering since I was just practicing at some soccer fields at about 5 meters high trying to get used to the remote commands. it is my first drone ever so didn't really had any Idea of what would had happened if I had kept on going. but as soon as I had problems I landed it and quit my training.
2015-11-16
Use props
Concor
lvl.1

United States

Rocket_Aus Posted at 2015-11-16 04:50
Need more info what phone do you have?

I was using an Iphone 5s. but as I was telling DJI Tim the weather was at about 40 degrees F. and it was not hot at all, it was the opposite cold. when I unplug it from the RC I had 45% battery left and it didn't go off anymore.
2015-11-16
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Concor Posted at 2015-11-16 08:51
thanks for your comment. that is exactly what I was wondering since I was just practicing at some  ...

I kind of resent the fact that you need the external device most of the time. A lot of the videos I have taken have been with my Phantom more or less under manual control and close enough that I could pretty easily tell I was framing the shot properly.

My old Blade 350 uses WiFi to provide a camera view back to the op. Like the Phantom, you have to use a mobile device if you want to "see" what's going on. The Chroma uses WiFi as well, but seems to be  a better, sharper version. In both cases, the distance you can use it without some serious lag is quite limited, but many, many of my videos have been with situations where my bird never got more than about 300 - 400 yards away from me.

Constantly checking things on the Phantom is often somewhat of a pain, but the camera is so much better - primarily so much more versatile - that I accept a decent "checklist" as a necessity.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules