Mc data error
2307 14 2015-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stusharp
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Please help I'm getting a mc date error where it should say safe to fly.

Drone works and flys perfectly apart from this error message.

Also Windows is unable to format the internal flight recorder sd card.  
Please help.  
image.png
2015-11-16
Use props
squaretires
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137664 ft

Canada

Is the format set to fat32?
2015-11-16
Use props
stusharp
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Yes.        
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi,stusharp . The SD card in the flight controller might be damaged . Please send it to our repair center .
2015-11-16
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

"Also Windows is unable to format the internal flight recorder sd card."

Strictly speaking, you should not try to format the SD card in your computer, you should do in in the aircraft through the DJI Go App. The aircraft will create all the necessary folders and files, whereas Windows will not. This is not a new thing, it actually applies to every SD card used in a camera.
2015-11-17
Use props
stusharp
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The sd card will not format through the app
2015-11-17
Use props
stusharp
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sending back to dji costs £90 postage and 12 week turn around.
2015-11-17
Use props
stusharp
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Was looking for another way to fix the problem but may not have an option.
2015-11-17
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

stusharp Posted at 2015-11-18 01:46
Was looking for another way to fix the problem but may not have an option.

Stusharp,
   Before you send it back, power on the RC, then the P3, and then launch the GO App. Select the MC Settings on the top left next to the home icon. Between Gain & Expo Tuning and Sensors, select Advanced Settings...

Toward the bottom are two menus: 1st is Enter flight data mode and the other is Format data recorder.
If you select the lower of the two menus, the data recorder partition on the internal MC SD CARD will be formatted. This WILL erase any previous flight logs, but may help with your issue.

P.S. this internal SD Card can be seen if you remove your battery and look up into the roof of the battery compartment. The card is secured into the holder and is not normally user serviceable other than reformatting it...
2015-11-17
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

terrylewis Posted at 2015-11-18 10:59
Stusharp,
   Before you send it back, power on the RC, then the P3, and then launch the GO App. Se ...

I think stusharp is talking about the removable SD card, not an internal one.

To format it, insert the card in the gimbal unit, and on screen, to the right side there is a vertical bar showing camera functions. At the top of the bar, press the 'Menu' button, then when the window appears, swipe upwards to reveal 'Format SD'. Press 'Format SD' and it should respond with a cautionary 'Are you sure?' message. Hit OK and it will format the card.

If that fails, then the SD card may not be fast enough for the job, Make sure you have at least a Class 10 or faster card inserted.

2015-11-17
Use props
stusharp
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Thanks guys for the reply
2015-11-18
Use props
stusharp
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It is the internal 4gb internal card I want to format because I believe the mc data error is something to do with the data recorder.
2015-11-18
Use props
stusharp
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It will not allow me to format using the app or on the pc
2015-11-18
Use props
fusion2u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28484 ft
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-11-17 18:59
Stusharp,
   Before you send it back, power on the RC, then the P3, and then launch the GO App. Se ...

Hi , I have the same problem after a minor impact, no damage but the MC data error, followed your directions but there is no Format Data Recorder option. I just updated the aircraft and the controller last night and don't remember seeing that error when I started my flight...any suggestions?
2015-11-28
Use props
fusion2u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 28484 ft
United States

terrylewis Posted at 2015-11-17 18:59
Stusharp,

Hi , I have the same problem after a minor impact, no damage but the MC data error, followed your directions but there is no Format Data Recorder option. I just updated the aircraft and the controller last night and don't remember seeing that error when I started my flight...any suggestions?
2015-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules