Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI To Open Flagship Store
1377 5 2015-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

As the market for commercial drones goes more mainstream, the industry’s biggest players are trying to attract a wider range of consumers.
The world’s largest consumer drone maker, China’s SZ DJI Technology Co., is preparing to open its first flagship retail store in a Shenzhen shopping center next month.
The new store, with floor space of about 800 square meters (8,611 square feet), is DJI’s biggest retail investment to date anywhere in the world, the company says, without disclosing the size of the investment.

DJI works with dealers around the world to sell its drones overseas. While the company runs small airport shops and other pop-up stores, most of its direct retail sales, so far, come from its own online store.

The Shenzhen flagship store will showcase all DJI products, from high-end and entry-level drones to other gadgets like the Osmo robotic selfie stick, the company says. DJI’s high-end professional drone, the Inspire 1, can cost more than $4,000 depending on the type of camera and other features, while its most affordable Phantom 2 drone costs about $500.

DJI’s latest move comes when the consumer drone market is expanding world-wide, while competition is intensifying from rivals offering low-cost products. A DJI spokesman saidhttps://appsto.re/us/oopq4.i the company will likely work on more flagship retail stores around the world in the future, even though it currently has no specific plans.

DJI has funded its rapid expansion mostly with its own cash flow. In May, Silicon Valley venture capital firm Accel Partners invested $75 million in DJI,valuing the Shenzhen-based company at roughly $8 billion, The Wall Street Journal reported at that time.

Even though DJI is a Chinese company, it generates most of its sales in overseas markets such as the U.S.

In China, the drone market is still in its infancy, analysts and drone dealers say. Therefore, companies like DJI need to spend more on marketing to convince average shoppers to spend hundreds of dollars on drones, they say.

According to DJI, part of the purpose of the new flagship store is to get more consumers who aren’t already familiar with drones to play with them and become interested.
“We want more people to see and touch our products,” a DJI spokesman says.

2015-11-16
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
China

Is this the store they have at Wong Tee plaza? I've been there already and it's not close to 800 square meters, more like 80. Does anyone know where it is in Shenzhen?
2015-11-16
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

I have no idea. I this was listed today in Flipboards information.
I tried to copy the link, however I couldn't get it to work, so I had
To post the entire story from the news. Maybe someone will know
Your answer. I sure don't. Sorry.
2015-11-16
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
China

No problem, thanks for posting this. I'll try to find out more and update here if I do, just in case anyone else is interested.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hterag Posted at 2015-11-17 00:31
Is this the store they have at Wong Tee plaza? I've been there already and it's not close to 800 squ ...

Right, we've got 5 or 6 stores in Shenzhen, but none of them close to 800 sq.m  ..... yet
2015-11-16
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
China

Where are the other stores in Shenzhen? Is there a map or store locator yet? Are there any stores in Hong Kong?
2015-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules