Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
ATTi, Naza mode and the S1,S2 switches
12870 18 2014-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 337953 ft
United States

Hi ,
I have only recently bought a Phanton 2 Vision +. reading the manual, I found myself uncertain about the ATTI and Naza modes. Atti is not defined ( if it is I missed it) and I am told to avoid Naza mode until experienced. The further functions of the S1 and S2 switches in these modes are also not mentioned.
I found these two links very helpful in filling in the information the manual left out, they may be of interest to others,

I wonder if DJI could reproduce their manuals in a larger format? There is a lot of information in them but very difficult to read - especially the diagrams. I have had to photocopy and enlarge to make pages digestible!
A function of advancing years maybe!!
2014-12-24
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

China

Thanks for the kindly remind.
About NAZA mode you can read the manual of NAZA MV2.
http://download.dji-innovations. ... _Guide_v1.26_en.pdf
I'll report it and hope the manual could update~
2014-12-24
Use props
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2014-12-24 16:57
Thanks for the kindly remind.
About NAZA mode you can read the manual of NAZA MV2.
http://download.d ...

Hi, Thanks for the prompt response. I think another improvement in the manual would be a list of abbreviations, eg, meanings of Atti, IOC, CSC etc. Some are mentioned in the text, but others not. otheriwse a pretty good manual. Thks
2014-12-24
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Nice to see someone reading the manual. I see alot of people having problems cos they havent studied.
2014-12-24
Use props
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
United States

tonyphantom147@ Posted at 2014-12-24 17:35
Nice to see someone reading the manual. I see alot of people having problems cos they havent studied ...

Ah yes, I like to know what I am doing, especially when it might cost me money if I don't! I have an aeronautical background so I guess it is in the blood!
2014-12-24
Use props
droneflyers.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most Phantom pilots suggest turning on the IOC (Naza mode) right from the start and becoming familiar with home lock. Home lock is the best way to recover your craft in a lot of cases...when you lose orientation.

You can also set the switches (map them) in the NAZA assistant - I have the right switch doing GPS/ATTI/Failsafe in the 3 positions. The left is as default mapped in IOC - that's nothing, home lock and course lock. I never use course lock.

Oh, speaking of definition and abbreviations - my "beginners" books are free for download today only and they have glossaries, etc.
http://www.droneflyers.com/2014/ ... able-free-download/

Also, I have taken our glossary and put it in PDF form - it's in this article here.
http://www.droneflyers.com/2014/12/reasons-buy-fly-drone/
2014-12-24
Use props
aeroglenltd
lvl.3
United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2014-12-24 22:03
Most Phantom pilots suggest turning on the IOC (Naza mode) right from the start and becoming familia ...

I am about to download your books, very many thanks for this generous offer. I shall read with interest.
Happy Christmas!
2014-12-24
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

Hello,

Am I right to say the following?

Phantom Mode:

Turn on with S1 and S2 on UP positions
S1 doesn't do anything, but S1 UP and DOWN 5 times do Campus Calibration
S2 doesn't do anything, but S2 UP and DOWN 5 times do manual Home Point reset
During Return To Home (RTH) mode, S1 MID and UP aborts RTH mode

Naza Mode:

Turn on with S1 and S2 on UP positions
S1 UP is GPS mode (just like Phantom mode)
S1 MID is ATTI mode (hover at altitude only)
S1 DOWN is failsafe (activate RTH mode)

S2 UP is IOC off (does nothing, just like Phantom mode)
S2 MID is Course Lock mode (?)
S2 DOWN is Home Lock mode (right stick DOWN brings it back to me, right stick UP brings it AWAY from me regardless of orientation of Phantom)
2015-1-4
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

euwingtham@gmai Posted at 2015-1-4 18:37
Hello,

Am I right to say the following?

That's it in a nutshell.  When you are in NAZA mode and have S2 in Home Lock, once you get to about 10 meters, you will be flying in Course Mode then.  Home Lock will not work within 10 meters of home.
2015-1-4
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-4 22:16
That's it in a nutshell.  When you are in NAZA mode and have S2 in Home Lock, once you get to abou ...

Wait a minute, for real? Only 10 metres? I thought Home Lock is able to prevent fly-aways since it's the easiest to bring the Phantom home by just right stick DOWN?

Just checking, may I know where I can get more details about this limitation?

Thank you!
2015-1-4
Use props
jamesnns
lvl.3

United States

Home lock os for further away and uses GPS.  
Control lock is for closer.
But both work.
Bring her home using Home lock when up and away, then flip up to course lock for final...or put back in GPS mode if you have Sats.

Home lock..far away
Course lock close.
2015-1-4
Use props
euwingtham
lvl.1

Australia

Sorry, I made the mistake there. I thought it can ONLY be used within 10 metres. It's actually it CANNOT be used within 10 metres, so ya, Home Lock (HL) for far away, and Course Lock (CL) for near.

Thanks!
2015-1-4
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

euwingtham@gmai Posted at 2015-1-5 05:57
Wait a minute, for real? Only 10 metres? I thought Home Lock is able to prevent fly-aways since it ...

Time mark in the video mentions home lock at 6:08  it will stay in home lock until it gets to within 10 meters and then go into course lock.
2015-1-4
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

gerry, do the following two things also hold true for naza mode ALSO (you didnt mention them above but wanted to clarify, i assume yes but would like confirmation):

S1 doesn't do anything, but S1 UP and DOWN 5 times do Campus Calibration

in phantom mode you are saying u go from s1-up to s1-mid BACK to s1-up and that aborts RTH, or are you saying you just move it to s1-mid and leave it there)?  

lastly, in phantom mode, if you interrupt RTH, which mode does it go back into ATTI or GPS?  is it that it will try GPS if there are enough and default to ATTI if not (similar to when it is sitting on the ground about to take off)?
2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

In Phantom mode

S1 doesn't do anything, but S1 UP and DOWN 5 times do Compass Calibration
To regain control after it goes to RTH is move S1 to bottom and back to top, then you have control again

In NAZA mode

S1 top is GPS mode
S1 center is ATTI mode
S1 is usually failsafe mode, but you have option to change in PT2 app on your computer

S2 top is off
S2 center is course lock
S2 bottom is home lock
2015-1-9
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

thanks...
do the compass calibration and the home point reset work for naza mode AND phantom mode or ONLY phantom mode?  i dont see where in your post you say how to do those two for naza mode.

lastly, in phantom mode, if you interrupt RTH, which mode does it go back into ATTI or GPS?  is it that it will try GPS if there are enough and default to ATTI if not (similar to when it is sitting on the ground about to take off)?
2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-10 13:27
thanks...
do the compass calibration and the home point reset work for naza mode AND phantom mode or ...

Compass calibration is for every time you take off either in Phantom or NAZA.  I assume home reset works for both also, but since s2 switches are active in NAZA, I'm not sure because I have never reset home point.

When you return your s1 switch to the top, that is GPS whether or not you are in Phantom or NAZA, but if you do not have enough sats, you will be in ATTI mode.   You can tell by looking at how many sats are on your screen.
2015-1-9
Use props
k9quarz
lvl.1

United States

I'm getting what all is said and too have read the manual but would someone clarify failsafe in the S1 switch. I have heard or read that manual is better but you should be a proficient pilot first. Won't the failsafe mode bring the aircraft back home or is it the same as turning off the RC?
2015-1-9
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

k9quarz@comcast Posted at 2015-1-10 14:54
I'm getting what all is said and too have read the manual but would someone clarify failsafe in the  ...

You can set the S1 switch to 1 of 3 functions on the bottom switch position when you are in NAZA mode,
"ATTI" mode which is flying without GPS, you will maintain altitude but drift with the wind.
"Failsafe" which will act like you turned off the Tx, you will automatically come home or
"Manual".  You will have to control all attitudes of the Phantom,  Altitude, pitch and yaw.  
2015-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules