Ok to freeze battery?
1895 4 2015-11-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AK Eagle
lvl.2

United States

I live in Alaska and I just got another extra battery from Amazon today. I guess I should have looked to see how they were shipping it because it was sent thru usps. Not a big deal if it wasn't  -0 degrees outside. Need less to say when I check the mail today my battery was in the mailbox and was frozen. I'm newbe and not sure if it's going to still work right now. If I could get some advice from you guys it would be much appreciated. Thanks in Advance.
2015-11-16
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hey, Eagle, please check this thread {:3_52:}
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 7&fromuid=61419
2015-11-16
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

It will be fine. Make sure you let it sit at room temp. for a while, maybe even a day, before charging. The same goes for a warm battery. I let mine sit for a day before charging after use.
2015-11-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

A warm intelligent flight battery, after a flying session, only needs about 30-40 minutes to cool down, enough for safe charging.
I have a powerful double fan, that can be tilted up, which I use at home. For cooling batteries and charging them, above it.
Most RC pilots, with electric gear, bring a charger to the flying field, and are charging and flying  their lipo's all day.
Gosh, If I had to wait 24hrs to charge and fly my four batteries, well, it would be a slow process.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-17
Use props
lb11778
lvl.2
Flight distance : 368842 ft
United States

lol , Rodger Redhot is correct just let the batteries cool for  about  30-45 min. I take it you don't have too many hrs on your drone then..
2015-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules