United States

Anti-theft software?  Is this true?

I haven't read anything about that.
2014-12-24
Use props
smcbrearty
lvl.3

Canada

I love that fact that there might be some anti-theft protection but why do they always make it so that the unit becomes useless instead of sending a signal to police or back to DJI to actually be able to recover the item. I would like to get my property back.  Most of this electronic disabling security systems only disable and don't report back.  If you subscribe to a GPS service, it is only good as long the battery lasts.  Would love to see a feature within the software that works like the "find my Iphone" app.
2014-12-24
Use props
n2stuff
lvl.3

United States

Got to love the media. How about showing a real photo  of the actual quad so people will know what to look for? They always use the typical Phantom as their "drone" photo/footage.
2014-12-24
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

Anti-theft software?  Is this true?
I to haven't head anything but I understand that they can black list certain serial numbers if stolen and reported, if they try to updated there software, it  will be nice to know if that's is true.
2014-12-24
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

I highly doubt there is anti-theft. I suspect they made that statement in hopes the thieves will get scared to keep it and will just leave it somewhere to be found or returned.
2014-12-24
Use props
cmontisano
lvl.4

United States

MTShipp Posted at 2014-12-25 08:41
I highly doubt there is anti-theft. I suspect they made that statement in hopes the thieves will get ...

Good Point until some from DJI Chimes in its really a anomaly
2014-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules