Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The lowest temperature when you fly
2364 5 2015-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JK JK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652552 ft
Czechia

What was the lovest outside temperature when you fly? I know there is writen in the manual range O-4O degrees, but thera are many youtube videos with Phantom flights in winter season or in mountains.
2015-11-17
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I got my P2V+ last year in December.  I flew it all through the winter with no problems.  You do have to take extra precautions with your batteries - keeping them warm before flight and not charging them up after flying until they are at least back to room temperature.  Your flight times will be shorter too depending on how cold it is.  On the coldest day I flew it was a few degrees below zero.  It has been fairly cold here some days - in the 20's.  I flew the P3 the other day in 25 degree temp.  I will fly it all winter too as long as I can stand standing out there.  I do use a warming pad in my case for the batteries to keep them warm while waiting for use.
2015-11-17
Use props
Phantom Help
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also, it would be worthwhile to look into the operating temperatures for your mobile device.
2015-11-17
Use props
terrylewis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent advice in the previous posts. You may also want to look at DJI-Tim's recent cold weather battery usage post:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-35249-1-1.html
2015-11-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Phantom Help Posted at 2015-11-17 07:24
Also, it would be worthwhile to look into the operating temperatures for your mobile device.

It would appear that an iPad Air 2 Cellular, and the Phantom 3 Pro' are statistically the same, where safe operation temperatures of the devices are equal. 0*C ~ 40*C. That's good to know.

RedHotPoker
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi , JK
You can take that video as a reference: http://forum.dji.com/thread-35249-1-1.html
Battery  is very essential especially  when you are trying to fly in winter .
2015-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules