dji Osmo Wi-fi conections
2488 15 2015-11-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wdjproductions
lvl.1
United States

i hve problems with the wi-fi conections when is in recording or no ricording the signal fail .
2015-11-17
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, can you provide more details please? Does the camera osd and battery osd, wifi signal still available? What mobile device are u using and what is the current app, firmware version?
Try the following step:
1) Try to test both 2.4G and 5.8G the wifi band (if you're using IOS device)
2) Try to reset the wifi settings: Hold down the Trigger and Shutter button at the same time. Then, pull the power switch down until the System Status Indicator blinks green. Release the power button before releasing the Trigger.
What's more , please post the OSMO problem in the OSMO community so the post won' t be missed.
2015-11-18
Use props
zillymo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85 ft
United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-19 02:43
Hi, can you provide more details please? Does the camera osd and battery osd, wifi signal still avai ...

Not sure if this is your particular issue, but try putting your phone, tablet, whatever you are using to monitor in AIRPLANE mode.  Then turn the WI-fi back on.  This worked for me after struggling with the same issue.   Good luck!
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

zillymo Posted at 2016-2-26 00:02
Not sure if this is your particular issue, but try putting your phone, tablet, whatever you are usi ...

Thanks for your reply!
Welcome to our forum and share your ideas or solutions! All those will help us improve a lot together!
2016-2-25
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

If it's convenient, we'd like to hear from you more about the further feedback! Thank you for your support to DJI!
2016-2-25
Use props
Flyheli
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161483 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi
yesterday I got the new micro and wanted to try it out. Works perfectly. But I got only after a few seconds a picture on my phone (a Sony G5 new Android software) the picture is distorted and builds up very slowly. After new start again and again the same. If (excellent connection appears) I ever connect to the app to connect to Wi-Fi this indicates always the same bad image. I got the Osmo since Christmas and so far everything perfectly. Latest update on Osmo and mobile. Since yesterday the problem.  And gets worse. Can be combined with the app not more often. The app will alternate the initial images (copter / Osmo) so you can't get to the screen. Already 5 hrz and 2.4 tried - always the same problem.
I assume it is the WIFI module of the Osmo defective?
Greeting Helmut
Sorry my english is not good!
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Flyheli Posted at 2016-2-26 16:57
Hi
yesterday I got the new micro and wanted to try it out. Works perfectly. But I got only after a  ...

Hi,
The bad WiFi transmission may cause this problem.
What kind of SD card did you use?
Could you please check if the raw files in the SD card have the same problem?
The slow building up process seems to be caused by the insufficient memory of your phone, please clear your phone's cache.
You can change to another mobile device to have a test.
2016-2-26
Use props
Flyheli
lvl.1
  • >>>
Austria

Sorry, but the SD card is not the problem. I have an ultra high speed SD card.  The movie and the photos are stored in high quality on the SD card.
My problem is borne WIFI control screen on the phone's screen. Prior to the failure, I had almost error-free transmission to the mobile phone. The image was displayed immediately fluent also in faster movement of the Osmo.
Now the screen on the phone is barely recognizable and is built only several seconds later to break up again in pixels.  It seems the WIFI transmission to be far too slow. Only after a few seconds the sleep of the Osmo on a tripod the image build up again on the phone.
Greeting
Helmut
2016-2-26
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Flyheli Posted at 2016-2-26 18:47
Sorry, but the SD card is not the problem. I have an ultra high speed SD card.  The movie and the ph ...

The recommended maximum volume of SD card is 64GB, and you'd better format it into FAT32.
2016-2-26
Use props
Flyheli
lvl.1
  • >>>
Austria

Hey
thank you for the speedy reply.
I have a 64 GB card in my OSMO and it worked always fine.
The support had recommended me to use another phone, what could not eliminate the error.
Why should a mobile which over 2 months has worked perfectly until now be suddenly suddenly no longer suitable. The connection worked always perfect and without jerking.
The Sony XPeria Z5 with Android 5.1.1.  was not the problem.   Also not the SD card!
Now, I have come even to where the problem came.
It is a "Litchy"-app I've downloaded a few days ago to look at them.
I have also a phantom 3 by DJI and wanted a closer look at this app me.
After I have deleted the Litchyapp and the DJI app yesterday and newly installed then only the DJI, the OSMO worked suddenly correctly.
May this copter-app data itself binds, so the OSMO so slow to respond.
On the tablet of the DJI-copter, both apps work together very well.

So once again thank you very much for the quick reply, but to replace the expensive cell phone not the optimal solution would have been for me.

Sincerely Helmut J. Taferl
2016-2-27
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

Flyheli Posted at 2016-2-27 16:58
Hey
thank you for the speedy reply.
I have a 64 GB card in my OSMO and it worked always fine.

Thanks for your further feedback! I'm happy to know that you fix the trouble yourself!
Probably, the Litchy app has conflict with the DJI GO App when both of them are running and trying to read and write the image signal which causes the slow response of the live view. Another reason may be due to your phone's free memory, maybe your tablet have larger memory than your phone.
2016-2-27
Use props
zillymo
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-26 22:07
The recommended maximum volume of SD card is 64GB, and you'd better format it into FAT32.

Formatting in the camera should work, right?
2016-3-8
Use props
zillymo
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-25 22:15
Thanks for your reply!
Welcome to our forum and share your ideas or solutions! All those will help ...

That is the idea.  
2016-3-8
Use props
zillymo
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Adela Posted at 2016-2-25 22:16
If it's convenient, we'd like to hear from you more about the further feedback! Thank you for your s ...

was that for zillymo?  if so, what further feedback would you like?
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

zillymo Posted at 2016-3-9 04:09
Formatting in the camera should work, right?

Right! We would recommend formatting the SD card in the DJI GO App, please go to the normal settings to find the feature.
2016-3-8
Use props
DJI-Adela
DJI team

Hong Kong

zillymo Posted at 2016-3-9 04:15
was that for zillymo?  if so, what further feedback would you like?

That was for the poster - wdjproductions, I hope to hear from him or her again about the problem, hope the problem has been solved.
Thanks for your concern!
2016-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules