Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
When is the Osmo X5 adaptor going to become available?
12432 181 2015-11-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

osmo1 (and all other guys) please do not play that game with us ...we do not care about a pic of the osmo/X5.... we only want that a REAL DJI's representative give us a REAL DATE !!! But.....huuuu i m in a real world....! and ins this word.... there is no real dji guy.....
2016-1-6
Use props
Phantom Paul
lvl.2

Philippines

Patience is a virtue...
2016-1-7
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Phantom Paul Posted at 2016-1-7 23:07
Patience is a virtue...

I don't buy stuff to be virtuous....or patient.
2016-1-7
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

@Phantom Paul  : honesty is an other   virtue... DJI do not have it ! Pretend that we can use X5 with Osmo, and after let all clients without solution..... i m ok with chubauk : I do not give my money to be patient .. i buy stuff to use it,  not to dream with...
2016-1-7
Use props
ke-now
lvl.3
Australia

Looks heavy... your arm muscle battery will run out before the Osmo battery!

I wonder if battery life is shorter with the X5 attached? More work needed to stabilize a heavier load, and more power needed for X5?
2016-1-7
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

End of the CES......DJI,  where is this F**** adaptor .?????
2016-1-8
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

Chat this morning with DJI :
"
Calvin
hello

toto@aol.com
Do you know when the X5 adaptor for osmo will be on the market ?

Calvin
It may release in March

toto@aol.com
????????

We are waiting since October !!!!!!"

So ......
2016-1-9
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-2 23:35
I am not in the engineering department so I only relay what thy tell me. I'm sorry I don't have mo ...

CES has come and gone, and we are still none the wiser.

The silence is deafening! This company clearly has no concern for its customers once they've had thousands of pounds from them.

This is the official DJI forum, yet customers cannot get any answers from here.

If you work for DJI, can you not find out about the adaptor preventing the Osmo being used with the X5.

I am really fed up now. Failing that, can you organise a return and refund for the handle kit, light, mic, extension arm, 2 spare batteries, tripod, extension stick and X5.

I do not have £3000 to waste!
2016-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-11 15:53
CES has come and gone, and we are still none the wiser.

The silence is deafening! This company cl ...

Man, I'm really sorry. I thought a release date was going to be announced (but that's only my opinion)
All I know as a DJI employee is it's in development and should be released shorty and as soon as it is they will announce it.
I know that's 100% off from what everyone wants to hear but us employees know nothing more than that.
I don't know what else to say.
2016-1-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 10:40
Man, I'm really sorry. I thought a release date was going to be announced (but that's only my opin ...

I have used the x5 on my osmo with a dyi adapter and for the most part it works fine, i just dont understand what is taking so long. The firmware has been there on the inspire 1 pro for months now.
2016-1-11
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 16:40
Man, I'm really sorry. I thought a release date was going to be announced (but that's only my opin ...

Houston, we have a problem
2016-1-11
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

I've also hit a pretty high annoyance level with the release schedule.  I can understand why DJI decided to have an adapter for the X5 for the Osmo in order to keep the weight down and move the center of balance.  I can understand that the X5 requires firmware tweaks for the iris and focus.  Autofocus might even be a hold up since the Osmo is using wifi rather than light bridge as on the Inspire.  We already know that the basic mechanics work since people have adapted the X5 to function with the handle already.  But, it just shouldn't take this long and this ultimately causes a company to lose more business than it makes in the long run.  
2016-1-11
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

DJI-Ken , just stop talking !!!! U know absolutely nothing !! U r ridiculous... as DJI !
2016-1-11
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-11 23:40

Hey Ken, man. I know it's not your fault.
I can feel that you want us to get our kit, and i have been in the line of fire myself and been powerless to do anything about it.
Like i said, it's nothing personal. You have been left to appease the madding crowd, whilst being hung out to dry like the rest of us.

I respect the fact that you answer everything directed at you, and i thank you for your apologies.

It is the company you work for that shamelessly cower behind the likes of you and remain silent, having collected tens of thousands from us on here alone.

Please find a way to voice our miscontent to those we cannot speak to.
2016-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-12 05:36
Hey Ken, man. I know it's not your fault.
I can feel that you want us to get our kit, and i have  ...

Thanks, I really appreciate that. And trust me, the higher ups at DJI are pushing to hurry up on the adapter.
I'm sorry that it's not available yet. I hope it's not too much longer.
2016-1-11
Use props
mmoses00
lvl.1

United States

They really should NOT have advertised the X5 on the Osmo.   We bought in early, and we should have known better.  They did not need our "pre-order" money... this project is a small "backburner" project.  They probably have put 1, maybe 2 people on it since we started complaining and when our complaints showed up on Google's first page when you search DJI Osmo or Zenmuse X5.  They are based in China, and they make Quadcopters.  Someone in the U.S. made the Osmo X5 ads.  Disconnect, language barrier, complacence... who knows?

I hope this thing is operational sometime in April... I hope it meets my needs for a compact, ready to use stabilized camera.  I waited one year for my MoVi M5.. but I did not pay in full first...

This forum is a silly way to communicate about pre-sales support... or in this case a variation on a "bait-and-switch" sales strategy.  I paid for a pile of hardware that I put in a custom made case... it does not do anything... it just sits there... waiting on NASA to build the last part.

Please put us on a mailing list and keep us informed... it's really your job.
I'll be selling my Osmo X5 kit, piece by piece, if its not functional by April.
2016-1-11
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

mmoses00 Posted at 2016-1-12 15:20
They really should NOT have advertised the X5 on the Osmo.   We bought in early, and we should have  ...

Even April is 6 months after adbertising them as compatible.

I do not know how different the laws are there, but in the UK this type of misrepresentation is illegal. It is a very dishonest sales strategy. Pre-orders need to be labelled as such.

How many of us would have paid all that money for our kit had the truth been advertised, along the lines of "DJI HOPE TO MAKE THE OSMO COMPATIBLE WITH THE X5 SOME TIME NEXT YEAR"???

The most disrespectful part is that, up until now, the company refuses to issue a statement to tell people when they can expect it, but continually send adverts to buy more from them.

No customers should EVER be dealt with like this.
2016-1-12
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

@chubauk  : I know DJI since..... a long time. To be honest, they have good products.... but lot of customers  have to (crash) test them for DJI ! But the worth, it s the DJI communication. I m proud to say that i have sold all my DJI equipments. I think that DJI do  not see 1 point : 10 years ago... there were the only one on the place... making drones..... Today, the market is different. We have other (serious) manufacturers for dones, cameras.. also gimble.  Today, DJI will start to loose clients... because all that.

2016-1-12
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2016-1-12 22:12
@chubauk  : I know DJI since..... a long time. To be honest, they have good products.... but lot of  ...

You are right, my friend, but i have not used any of my equipment, since i don't own the X3.

Unless i'm getting a full refund, I'll lose too much money on them. I'll hang in there a bit longer, but i certainly won't be buying again in a hurry.
2016-1-12
Use props
gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

I have one other concern with all of this...
It gets "announced" and then there is a release date of 2 months down the line, or its immediately back ordered.
Basically, because of how many people want this, will they be able to supply the demand? I hope so. I hope it does not go sold out first day.
2016-1-12
Use props
taylorellis11
lvl.2

United States

gybo102 Posted at 2016-1-12 08:47
It gets "announced" and then there is a release date of ...

Now taking Preorders for the X5 adapter, get on the waiting list now so you don't wait later!

Or as DJI would say:

Hey guys, the X5 adapter is ready and in stock now, place your orders today!

50,000 orders are placed

"Due to high demand manufacturing is having trouble keeping up, thanks for your money anyways, we'll contact you in a few months when it's done!"
2016-1-12
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

taylorellis11@g Posted at 2016-1-12 11:59
Now taking Preorders for the X5 adapter, get on the waiting list now so you don't wait later!

Or ...

Actually having the adapter isn't nearly as important as just getting the firmware released.  I would just modify my current handle to accept the X5 once the firmware is released if the adapter isn't immediately available.  
2016-1-12
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

gybo102 Posted at 2016-1-12 17:47
It gets "announced" and then there is a release date of ...

People at DJI.  Any updates on the OSMO X5 Adapter, please?  Please do not reply SOON.
2016-1-13
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-12 19:41
There is a loud grinding noise that doesn't sound too clever. Around clients, it'd be embarrassing ...

What is the loud grinding noise?  I'm not sure what would cause that.
2016-1-13
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-1-13 20:10
What is the loud grinding noise?  I'm not sure what would cause that.

Here is the video showing how to make it work:

2016-1-13
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

So, I've watched that video a few times and I don't hear any grinding noise.  I do hear about of the normal X5 gimbal noise.  I also hear the X5 fan.  As far as I can tell, that is just the normal noise of the system.  Unless DJI implements a control for the fan, the Osmo is never going to have silent operation.  For that, you will need a Ronin, and even the Ronin isn't silent.
2016-1-13
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-1-13 22:29
So, I've watched that video a few times and I don't hear any grinding noise.  I do hear about of the ...

Wow!

You're right. I mistook the firmware upgrade necessary buzz for a grinding noise!

My bad - but it does restrict joystick motion.
2016-1-13
Use props
Jwmulcahey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396142 ft
United States

I modified mine, everything works good for me. Joystick operation isn't easy, but it works in all directions. Only issue is the video is mirrored on the iPhone, but once I start recording it mirrors it back to normal. Kind of weird but that is the only issue I've seen. Obviously no aperture control, but you can work around that.
2016-1-13
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Jwmulcahey Posted at 2016-1-14 05:42
I modified mine, everything works good for me. Joystick operation isn't easy, but it works in all di ...

Does the auto and manual focus work?

Not a showstopper if it doesn't. It's just down to firmware.
2016-1-13
Use props
Timsters
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1762359 ft
United States

never pre order..... chubauk are you interested at all in a new x3? just for now, p.m. me if you are 200 dallars shipped i have 3 will part with one as i feel your pain......its no x5 but you can start to play with your gear
2016-1-13
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Timsters Posted at 2016-1-14 07:45
never pre order..... chubauk are you interested at all in a new x3? just for now, p.m. me if you are ...

Aww, man...Thanks for the offer, but I don't like that artificial sharp focus look, as I'll be using it mainly for close ups.

Thanks, though....Good looking out.
2016-1-14
Use props
galearic
lvl.2
Malta

We are no close to a solution.  The end of the tunnel is still far away.  New meaning of Soon, maybe a year.
2016-1-14
Use props
Jwmulcahey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396142 ft
United States

chubauk@gmail.c Posted at 2016-1-13 22:28
Does the auto and manual focus work?

Not a showstopper if it doesn't. It's just down to firmware. ...

Yes auto and manual focus work, the auto focus does not track objects though to keep adjusting (which I don't think it does on the Inspire either? I always manual mine to infinity for flights). I used it briefly, but I will investigate more this weekend when I get out and use it more. It will take a bit to notice certain features not working.
2016-1-14
Use props
derekspear
lvl.1

United States

I, too, am patiently awaiting the arrival of the X5 adapter for the Osmo.  However, in defense of DJI...and as a full-time software developer, providing a fully integrated hardware/software solution is very difficult and time-consuming.  I'm actually amazed that the DJI GO app supports as many products as it does (Inspire, Phantom, Matrice, Osmo) with as many features as it does.  While I can appreciate someone's need for having the latest and greatest as quickly as possible...I would rather that DJI take their time in getting it right, than risk having my Inspire 1 drop out of the sky because they are in a hurry to add X5 compatibility to the Osmo.  Just my $0.02.
2016-1-14
Use props
Casey Preston
lvl.2

United States

I just finished up the grinding down my Osmo for the X5.  A quick test showed a couple of things.  4K and "None" on the PP looks exactly like it does on the Inspire so there doesn't seem to be any issues as far as encoding.  AF and MF are already incorporated.  It even asks you to calibrate the lens every once in awhile.  F stop is reported, but can't be controlled.  The best bet seems to be to set the Osmo to shutter priority and then lock the AE when you are ready to shoot and are happy with the aperture.  The image is flopped until recording is started and then it flops to the correct perspective.  I was getting quick flashes of a darkened image on my iphone while recording, but the flashes were not showing up in the footage.  After attaching the X5 to the Osmo, I could still attach the X5 to the Inspire and the X3 to the Osmo without any problems.  

Mechanically, I had to remove the directional button on my Osmo because the X5 was pushing down on it.  Luckily, you can just pull it off.  I wish we could turn the fan on the X3 and X5 off while shooting even if just for a short period of time.
2016-1-14
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

Casey Preston Posted at 2016-1-14 19:23
I just finished up the grinding down my Osmo for the X5.  A quick test showed a couple of things.  4 ...

Oh wow. I like it! Post pics?

I am just going to wait for the adapter. And the X5R isnt even out yet =]
2016-1-14
Use props
teamnest1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18484 ft
  • >>>
United States

pocketpc_ebay@h Posted at 2016-1-11 16:12
DJI-Ken , just stop talking !!!! U know absolutely nothing !! U r ridiculous... as DJI !

Wow I understand we all want the X5 to work on the Osmo but WOW some of you need to zipper up because no one is going to suck you. Its a camera product, not a heart transplant.
2016-1-14
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

teamnest1 Posted at 2016-1-15 14:18
Wow I understand we all want the X5 to work on the Osmo but WOW some of you need to zipper up beca ...

Ya, when they are available to ship, wonder when he'll get his delivered
Just kidding Thanks for speaking out.
2016-1-14
Use props
chubauk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

derekspear@live Posted at 2016-1-14 23:01
I, too, am patiently awaiting the arrival of the X5 adapter for the Osmo.  However, in defense of DJ ...

The problem was with the advertising. For those of us that bought in early October, there was no talk of the need for an X5 adaptor that would be available soon. The ad made out that it was already here. The ad still mentions nothing of the necessary firmware not being there.
The 'available soon' part came as a result of people complaining, not to mention the 'soon' being defined by DJI staff as November, then December.

We are not a bunch of unreasonably impatient people that do not understand the process. I am a Network Solutions Architect whose work always takes many months to go live.
I've happily pre-ordered gear a year before it was available, and been a Beta tester,  with no complaint - as the company were honest from the get go.

It is all about managing people's expectations openly and honestly.

It really makes no sense to advertise the X5 and X5R alongside the Osmo as compatible waaaay before they are.

The X5R as yet is not available, but it's been advertised with the launch of the Osmo, since the beginning of last October.

All products, before coming to market, should be after R&D and testing, but that is generally done done BEFORE advertising as available.
It was calculated. They knew what they were doing - and it worked - because many of us do not own X3s, so have bought the expensive gear that has been sitting down for months waiting on an adaptor.

I've seen a lot of people's work on this site. It is very professional, so when it comes to the point at which so many are grinding their handle kits, nullifying their warranties and removing the joysticks because they've lost faith in the whole process, owing to the wall of silence, and lack of information they're getting - they clearly have been let down. I'm desperately resisting the urge to do so myself.

I do agree, however, that those we are speaking to deserve respect for doing that. It is not their fault. 'Soon' is obviously the mantra that representatives have been directed to repeat, online and at CES, because it is not quantifiable, thus not actionable.

2016-1-14
Use props
pocketpc_ebay
lvl.2

France

@teamnest1  ..... like chubauk  said : all this srtory started with dji's advertising..... they put lot of hope.... and today.. we have nothing...no need to be sucked.... just to
to be considered as a real client...
2016-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules