Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New wifi module app says can not connect to phantom solution found.
2617 3 2015-11-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
idells1967
New

United States

Ok guys. Phantom 2 vision plus with new wifi module but it says connection failed is solved after many headaches. Follow steps to a t.

On the new wifi module find the MAC address, this is on a sticker on top of the module write down all the numbers and letters that are after the f and save for later. On your phone in settings ignore any wifi that you are connected to. On your range extender is a reset button close to the power switch. You need something small to push it in. Now in this order.
Turn on range extender, turn on remote, turn on phantom. Push in the reset button on the range extender and hold it until the wifi light goes out then release. Search for wireless networks on your phone and select phantom from the list, join the network, launch. The vision app and select settings, scroll down and select binding. When the screen opens klick the empty MAC address line under add new camera. Enter the info you wrote down off of the new module into the empty boxes then hit the blue check on upper right, hit the blue check a second time, turn off phantom, turn off remote, turn off range extender, exit app, exit wifi.  NOW....

Turn on range extender, turn on remote, turn on phantom, turn on wifi on phone and when phantom pops up join the network. Launch app, check for video stream. Hope this helps.
2015-11-19
Use props
roy
lvl.4

United States

Yep the MAC address on the sticker is the key.
2015-11-23
Use props
mcquaim
lvl.1

Ireland

Hi folks,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I'm having issues trying this approach above.

I got the dreaded black screen issue so I ordered a WiFi module off eBay. I installed it and followed the guide above and entered the MAC address from the top of the WiFi module and hit the two blue ticks. I then powered everything off and then back on again. When it comes back on the SSID doesn't appear in my phone.

If I hold the binding button on the extender again the SSID then appears again but once binded it won't appear.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The one difference in the WiFi modules is the new one is the v3 one with the air holes where the old one didn't. Maybe it's not compatible with my P3V+?

Thanks in advance,
Mac
2017-4-10
Use props
mcquaim
lvl.1

Ireland

Scrap that, got it working.

I was initially using my iPhone 6S to do the binding and it simply wouldn't work.

I then tried an old Android work phone and it binded just fine in seconds
2017-4-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules