Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Record audio on iPhone in background
3022 5 2015-11-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

I'm still waiting hit my universal mount and my Rode microphone.

However, I need to shoot a family event next weekend but the Osmo onboard mics are just too bad.

Anyone has any idea if it's possible to record audio on the iPhone in the background while DJI Go is running in the foreground?

Thank you
2015-11-21
Use props
vlgorev
lvl.1

United States

I've tried, it's not possible. Unfortunately, Apple iOS is still not capable of performing multitasking as it suppose to be.
2015-11-22
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

vlgorev@gmail.c Posted at 2015-11-22 17:45
I've tried, it's not possible. Unfortunately, Apple iOS is still not capable of performing multitask ...

Yeah I tested it myself too. It's not an issue with multitasking, it's the issue of single audio input which is by design. Whatever app in the foreground which seizes the audio device, it switches off the background app's audio.

You can see the effect by running the DJI Go app. Then switching to Voice recording and clicking record. When you switch to the DJI Go and back to voice recording, you'll see it still running in the background. However, when you click record on the DJI Go app, voice recording stops as the DJI Go app apparently seizes control of the audio device
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

You can turn off the audio recording on the app, setting- camera. Then the audio will be recorded by the phone and try to place the phone away from the fan. You can test it, you can then hear the audio in the library , but in the playback, there is no audio. But the original video should be silent if you turn off the audio recording on the app. The audio of library files is recorded by the mobile mic, the audio of original file in sd card is recorded by Osmo inter MIC.
2015-11-22
Use props
whoisceejay
New

Australia

I'd also recommend facing the phone away from the Osmo, and perhaps using a directional/shotgun mic so to cut out the sides/back noise that the osmo would make?
2015-12-8
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Go has a 720 video cache with audio in media library.
If u has the liveview on iphone, u will hv the video cache. Hv the video cache , hv the audio recorded by iphone.

2015-12-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules