SO, you bought a Phantom and now your here.....
2561 13 2014-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixstreme
lvl.3

United Kingdom

This forum is not very well designed, there have been many questions and numerous threads covering some of the most basic issues....
IF YOU do not search the forum and just post new threads that cover topics that have been discussed in detail numerous times DONT expect an answer....

We are just like you and are in no way affiliated with DJI, if we can help we will, but we expect to see a bit of research into your product as lame and just plain stupid questions are just taking up space and diverting our attention from more pressing issues.......

Welcome to the world of Fright.....sorry,    FLight......
2014-12-25
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

The search function on this forum, and its organization pretty much sucks. There are some posters here whose first response to a newbie question will be "DO A SEARCH" or "READ THE MANUAL". Both of those things are a good idea, but don't let those self-righteous posters scare you off if you're new to the hobby. There are still people here who want to help and will answer your questions, in case you can't make the search function work for you or you're still confused after reading the manual. R/C in gerneral and R/C quads in particular are pretty complicated. Some poeple here forget how hard it is to put all the pieces together and have a great flight experience when you don't have any background.
2014-12-25
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Honestly people, if you have a question, ask away.
You might get a short "read page 45 of the manual" answer, but if that saves you from a costly crash then its all good.
2014-12-25
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-12-25 23:30
Honestly people, if you have a question, ask away.
You might get a short "read page 45 of the manual ...

Agreed. Many people will receive them for Christmas and a lot of them will be first time flyers. Yes please ask the question and someone will do their best to help you. That is the reason for the forum.
2014-12-25
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Remember people, there is NO stupid question if you DON'T know the answer.  So please ask!
2014-12-25
Use props
rubenmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1808064 ft
  • >>>
Norway

YES please ask questions and do it before you go out and think you might got it and are ready. Be sure. Im in my 3rd Year and using both Phantom and the S-Series but still ask questions and get great help here!!

Yes the UX in the search is NOT the best and I asume DJI will improve it. Also help all of us so we don`t have to see stuff like this on the top of all the news sites: http://www.vgtv.no/#!/video/1059 ... -sitasjoner-for-fly  This was headline almost all day here in Norway about the danger to flights and more and a Tv AD in USA. 97% are doing it safe and take caution. But the 3% who dont make so much damage so please ask if you are not sure.

I wish you a lots of hours in the future. Also when you get there and you start taking those nice videos and images share them on  Skypixel and let us all share our experience :-)
2014-12-25
Use props
alankempwets
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I came here as I am new to the hobby and have never owned any remote control items before let alone expensive ones which by many accounts simply fly away. Today was my first chance to fly the Phantom VIsion.

After reading lots of horror stories, I made sure that I hade pulled together all of the info required for a first flight. I also did the first flight with a battery that was not fully charged just incase it flew off, never to be seen again.

I must say I am blown away by the ease of handling, I have taken into account lots of good advice picked up on here and elsewhere and I was really concern about potential problems but it could not have been easier. I am very pleased with the Phantom and look forward to getting some video worth seeing. I may post my first flight video just to show how easy it is to fly this machine.
2014-12-25
Use props
momochi
lvl.2

United States

Wonderful and welcome to the world of UAS. I am happy to hear you had a positive first flight and took the time to become familiar with your UAS. Continue to fly safe and enjoy.
2014-12-25
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

alankempwets@ya Posted at 2014-12-26 02:40
I came here as I am new to the hobby and have never owned any remote control items before let alone  ...

The Phantom 2, and DJI, get trashed here pretty regularly. I haven't had an occasion to deal with the customer support as my Phantom has worked perfectly over many flights. I have to say, with 40 years of experience flying R/C fixed wing, I am blown away by the design sophistication of the Phantom 2. Very, very clever.
2014-12-25
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

alankempwets@ya Posted at 2014-12-26 02:40
I came here as I am new to the hobby and have never owned any remote control items before let alone  ...

Hey that idea of first flights with a low battery is a good one especially for virgin pilots.

Nice one.
2014-12-26
Use props
newbie pilot
lvl.1

Australia

ok, i searched but i didn't find the answer......
how do i connect my ndj6 controller to my computer to do some simulation flying?? the port os there, no cable supplied and for once google didnt have the answer......
2014-12-26
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Good question. DJI seems to have announced the trainer port before actually having a plan for its use or any simulation software for it. AFAIK,t here are a couple of helicopter trainer programs that have Phantom models, but I'm not aware of any that can use the Phantom controller. That feature appears to be a "work in progress".
2014-12-26
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Heli-X, Phoenix RC Simulator, Clear View RC Flight Simulator, all found with a quick Google search.
You will need to buy the USB to Transmitter cable.
2014-12-26
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be nice if the OP could change the title from "your here" to "you are here" or "you're here".....

I'd say the most important thing to do is NOT to have your first posts here being a rant on how your Phantom flew away and crashed. Rather, ask questions and take a lot of time to learn things before you even fly. That would save more $$$ than any other action.

Also, certain warnings apply - if they are not obvious.

1. DJI does not offer a warranty agains your Phantom crashing or flying away.
2. Quadcopters and other such aircraft in this size and weight range are not toys - they are real aircraft. You need to understand the terms, definitions, etc. as well as the operation.
3. DJI quadcopters are not "automatic" or "autonomous". These are manually controlled aircraft with some programmed "helpers" that make flying a little easier. Not easy - but easier.
4. The single most important thing you can do in terms of learning is to fly either a toy-grade quadcopter or a bare Phantom 1 for a number of hours prior to taking your new P2 out of the box.
5. If you don't know what atti, naza-m or IOC mean, then don't fly until you do. Most users would be best off learning about these modes and setting them before starting to fly (despite DJI's advice).
6. Stay in open areas (no forest) for the first couple hours of your flight training. Never use GPS mode in tight (under trees, between buildings, etc.).

For those who don't know some of the definitions, here is a link to a PDF glossary you can download.
http://mainwww.chiassociatesinc. ... ary-only.pdf?281056
This is the famous compilation of the best tips available for the Vision pilots.
http://www.droneflyers.com/wp-co ... n-Summary-Guide.pdf
2014-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules