Out of control P3 Pro !!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xwingfighter
lvl.1

France

Hi guys

Well it was a beautiful sunny day here in the south of france so I thought about taking my pride and joy out for a spin. (Phantom 3 pro)
Taking off was purfect and flying around was an experience I will never forget.   After flying around for roughly 25mins the battery sounded off saying only 30% battery left
So I decided to come in for landing, being a smart ass I tried to land on my phantom 3 box. As I was just about 2 foot off the ground it stopped decending and shot off straight up in
the air.  As it was going up it swirved and hit a tree getting tangled up in it.   Complete and utter shock came over me, Euro signs starting flying in front of my eyes I couldn't believe what just happened I was powerless to stop it.  So now I had the task of getting it down from 10 meters up in the tree which was impossible to climbe.   

Luckily enough my girlfriend said to tie a string around a stick and throw it up and hook it over the branch, it took 5 hours but on the last shot before going I manged to throw a good one and my girlfriend pulled the string to hook it.  IT WORKED !!!!!   I was relieved but now I need to know the cause before I go out again as it's not very safe.

So if anyone can shed some sort of light on this problem will be welcomed.

2015-11-22
Use props
heclectic
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Could the area where you were trying to land the aircraft have been more than 20 meters from your "Home" position? If this was the case, it probably entered RTH mode and ascended to RTH altitude before flying direct for "Home" (and into your tree).
2015-11-22
Use props
Xwingfighter
lvl.1

France

Hi

Thanks for your post ,  um i'm trying to think, I not sure cos I took off from the box that was on the floor then I was trying to land back on it but when I think of it , it did act like it entered RTH mode by just going straight up !   hmm it's very disturbing.   I can only think about just going out and trying again making sure me and trees are far away and then just see.   Appreciate your post cheers !
2015-11-22
Use props
Mad_Angler1
First Officer
Flight distance : 2741657 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Post a video of the log but is sounds like it went into RTH
2015-11-22
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

I set my regular RTH at 20% and my "land where you are" at 10% - that gives a little more running room.

Of course, it's always important to set the home point in a very open area so that small problems don't cause a bigger one!
2015-11-22
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think the battery was low (25 minutes?!) and it tried to ascend to RTH just as you were landing.
2015-11-22
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

4wd Posted at 2015-11-22 16:44
I think the battery was low (25 minutes?!) and it tried to ascend to RTH just as you were landing.

I was going to make the same observation. If you had truly been flying for 25 minutes you were/are either (a) very fortunate - most users don't seem to get anywhere near that much flight time and/or (b) your battery was just about out of juice and had reached the Critical Battery Warning and put itself into RTH (Return To Home) mode.

There are several different "levels" of RTH depending on whether you (a) got really, really low on power, (b) pushed the button on your own and (c) how far it was from your established home point.

How high it goes (for object avoidance while returning) for RTH is also a settable function in the pilot app.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL
2015-11-22
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
The "RTH" was triggered at the battery level you set in the DJI Go . When the battery level declined to the percentage you set , the "RTH" will be triggered . And the aircraft will fly up to the height which you can also set in the APP , and directly flight to the home point .  Please take care of your settings and battery level in your later flights .
2015-11-22
Use props
Sunflux
lvl.1

Canada

Out of curiosity, can't there be an advanced warning in the app?

"Battery level low. RTH will commence in 30 seconds. Ensure the aircraft is clear of all vertical obstructions." And how about an option on the warning... "Delay RTH for 1 minute".
2015-11-22
Use props
Xwingfighter
lvl.1

France

Hi Fellow Aviators ,   

Really appreciate all the comments,  I think all the comments above are correct, I think i pushed the drone to much on the battery life.  Will adjust the settings are someone mentioned

Cheers guys !!
2015-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules