Phantom 3 wont connect to Go app or show camera view
255957 368 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

How do you interface the HDMI upgrade to the iPhone or iPad?  Do you plug your phone into the USB port on the HDMI accessory?  and then it works?
2016-6-27
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

nevermind. checking
2016-6-27
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

dewolff Posted at 2016-6-27 20:07
How do you interface the HDMI upgrade to the iPhone or iPad?  Do you plug your phone into the USB po ...

Same as the non HDMI module. The HDMI is an additional output if you want to connect your controller to an external display like a HDTV for someone to view your flights in real time.
2016-6-27
Use props
rockotaco1
New

United States

This needs to be bumped every day. This is INSANE.
2016-6-28
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

I spent an hour and a half on the phone yesterday with DJI 1st tier service.  Did everything they suggested -  several times and Im no closer to resolution.  Im thinking of buying an HDMI board just to try.  Does it work well feeding an hdmi monitor?  
2016-6-28
Use props
bodegamichael
New

So...... I am a DJI PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL customer as well. 1300 bucks. second drone ive even bought from DJI. Well ive only used this one probably 3 or 4 times and I havent been able to fly for MONTHS. maybe even a year. WHY?! BECAUSE IT "WONT CONNECT" TO THE APP. ALL IT SAYS IS "HOW TO CONNECT" EVERY TIME!. And DJI either doesnt write you back, or waits months to get back to you. The ironic and funny thing to me is this.
Yesterday I saw someone flying, so i pulled over to ask him about it. He had a DJI PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED. NOT PROFESSIONAL but an ADVANCED. He had an iphone just like me and said he has never had an issue connecting once with the app. SO to me I see many people having an issue with P3P and probably even some ADVANCED ones. But its BS that so many people (thousands im sure) have an issue and its stil yet to be determined. its obvious that the drones are faulty and the tech support at DJI is a joke. I think many people on here have already confirmed that. I paid 1300 dollars for this damn thing (Which I used to have faith in DJI) and now for months...... just as everyone else (or most of you) I feel robbed. DJI I feel doesnt give a damn about what the concern is and im pissed.
2016-6-28
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

bodegamichael@g Posted at 2016-6-28 22:33
So...... I am a DJI PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL customer as well. 1300 bucks. second drone ive even bough ...

I don't understand why DJI doesn't acknowledge the problem.  I've read hundreds of posts that have had this same problem since November 2015.  They should at the very least send a note out to all of us that they understand the issue and are working on a solution.  Even if DJI doesn't currently have a "fix" but is working on it,  I know at least there is some hope for resolution.  Ignoring the problem is so much worse because we spend a lot of time on the phone with India and no resolution.  I don't want to send the Drone in for service if there will be a fix.  I just want to fly it again. Its frustrating.
2016-6-29
Use props
bodegamichael
New

dewolff Posted at 2016-6-30 00:53
I don't understand why DJI doesn't acknowledge the problem.  I've read hundreds of posts that have ...

ABSOLUTELY I AGREE! The sad part is its been so long and they are horrible at customer service. They dont care. Thousands of people seem to have just "lost" 1300 bucks to DJI. They know its an issue they just arent doing anything about it. Ive heard of a few stores say they quit selling DJI specifically because the support is so bad. I love the brand and drone........when it works as intended.  Maybe theyll do something about it eventualy..... or maybe not.....
2016-6-29
Use props
scurtis1608
New

French Polynesia

Hello can someone please tell me why my drone will not even start? Batteries and remote are fully charged. When I tried to start it the camera came on but then as I started the propeller blade only 3 worked. I turned everything off then back on again. Now it won't even connect to the app. When I try to turn the battery back on it just turns itself back off. This drone have never been crashed and it has only 2 hours flight time. I'm on vacation in bora bora and would like to get this fixed ASAP. Please email me with the fix. Thank you.   
2016-6-29
Use props
scurtis1608
New

French Polynesia

Hello can someone please tell me why my drone will not even start? Batteries and remote are fully charged. When I tried to start it the camera came on but then as I started the propeller blade only 3 worked. I turned everything off then back on again. Now it won't even connect to the app. When I try to turn the battery back on it just turns itself back off. This drone have never been crashed and it has only 3 hours flight time. I'm on vacation in bora bora and would like to get this fixed ASAP. Please email me with the fix. Thank you.   
2016-6-29
Use props
rockotaco1
New

United States

My nieces and nephews all wanted to see me fly my Phantom 3 Pro on the 4th of July so I can record their fireworks.

Guess what? I can't even start up the rotors still, after many many MANY months of waiting for SOME type of resolution.

This thread needs to be bumped every single day until there is a resolution. This has gotten way out of hand.
2016-6-30
Use props
warehousemaxsim
lvl.1

click the reset button on right side of drone next to red/green light. It is very small and you will need pen or small object to reach button.... no need for all of the other drama of deleting aps etc
2016-6-30
Use props
mannyhanif
New

United Kingdom

warehousemaxsim Posted at 2016-7-1 02:26
click the reset button on right side of drone next to red/green light. It is very small and you will ...

Does this work?
2016-7-4
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

Nope! Not for app issues.
2016-7-4
Use props
Certified Drone
lvl.1

Some of the disconnect issues has to do with Apple products (iPhone, iPad). From what I have been told Apple software doesn't always agree with certain apps (even if purchased at Apple store). My drone was working perfectly fine but once I purchased two apps for my drone (that was compatible with my phantom) I stopped being able to see the picture (video feed). I tried all the tips given and nothing worked so I deleted the purchased aps, shutdown the RC and drone and powered everything off. I then turned drone back on after 30 min and I clicked that reset button and all works fine again
2016-7-5
Use props
paulkozakiewicz
New

United Kingdom

I tried changing wires. Did all updates on brand new phantom 3 pro. My iPhone 6 Plus worked for 2 flights then nothing. Camera disconnected. Black screen. Deleted app, reinstall. Now it won't connect to phantom at all. iPad had app installed and worked great.

Only this worked for me. Remove the DJI Go app. Shut iPhone down, then back on again. Plug in the powered on RC and let it prompt you for an app to install for C1. It will pop up and say "You must download an app to use this device" Or similar. Click allow and let it open the APP store and downlaod the DJI Go app. As soon as I loaded app it said "camera". I was back on line flying. If I install Dji go app manually it bricks. Let the RC do it for you and it works. Strange but true
2016-7-7
Use props
dewolff
lvl.1

United States

Please explain in detail how you did this.  I cannot get it to prompt me to install for C1

2016-7-7
Use props
Phantom Menace9
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here as described at the beginning of this thread. I Can not connect using DJI Go.

However, I can connect fine and fly and do everything it is supposed to do if I use the Litchi App.

So that means that my tablet, my USB CAble, My USB Port, My RC, and my Aircraft, as well as the firmware are all fine, and the Aircraft is properly linked to the RC or it wouldn't connect or fly with Litchi.

When I switch to the Go app, I can't connect.

I can click the button that says Camera View, and the app opens, but it just says NO CONNECTION.

For the curious:
I am on an Android Tablet. (A Google Nexus 7" 2013 model)
I tried updating the Go App, that USED to work fine until today with the newest one. I don't know the version, but I did it today (July 8, 2016 at about 1:00 pm) After updating, still had the same issue.

I have not updated the firmware since version 1.8.(something), but up until now, it has been working fine and continues to work fine with the Litchi app.

Any ideas here, since I know the only link in the chain that does not work is the Go app?

I can fly fine with Litchi, but I do need the Go app to make some calibrations that don't exist in Litchi.

What do you suggest?
2016-7-8
Use props
tobias.olsson
New
Norway

I have the same problem with my Sony X Preformance.

I can move the gimbal but i cant get in camera view in the app, when i connect the cable to the phone, is just dont want to connect.

I have tried all the things that are mention in this preview posts.

Please help!
2016-7-29
Use props
jibe
New

Switzerland

Another frustrated user here - for those just starting to waste a few hours to only find out it is not working after all, a brief summary on all the things I did. Ands if somebody can show me that I am the idiot by sharing a working solution, I am happy to accept that!

Apparent Symptom: DJI GO (iOS) is not connecting to camera after it has connected with RC, and Camera button is pressed. Actually, DJI GO is not connecting to aircraft at all (no status, no GPS info etc., all metrics are either 0 or #). The only thing that works is moving the gimbal with the RC (swiveling the camera).

Suspected cause: last firmware update, after that it went sour. Also I suspect that the RC cannot properly connect to the Phantom, and that the gimbal uses a different protocol/software than the flying unit

Remedy: none so far. Firing the DJI manager who was responsible for releasing the firmware and the manager responsible for not properly communicating this but keeping it under the lid and alienating so many customers would at least appease me.

What I tried (basically everything I could find). First suspected cause was DJI GO App
1) using different iOS units: iPhone 5, iPhone 6s, newest iPad Air, running 9.3.2 (as recommended by DJI), then updating to 9.3.3, two of them with clean install of DJI GO and no other drone SW (is also a recommendation to delete all other apps etc.)
2) resetting network and location settings (love that, will need to key in all WLAN passwords again)
3) wiping iOS device as recommended by DJI as last resort. Of course with backup first, but a pain nevertheless. Also with uninstalling DJI GO first.
4) Calibrating the RC (the joysticks) from DJI GO. This worked flawlessly, which was indication that there is a connection iOS device - RC
All the stuff of course with the usual turn everything off, take out battery, reboot etc.

Then I followed the tips on the rig itself (many times over- also in conjunction with the steps above!)
5) Reset by pressing reset button on the aircraft
6) Reset RC connection by repeated flipping of S switch. Now that was interesting, because the intermittent beeping on RC while connection was sought, as the blinking of the aircraft's reset button, did not stop. Which led me to the belief that the RC and the aircraft cannot connect (also with the RC-DJI GO apparently talking to each other, see above). Interestingly, Gimbal would not move either when playing with the wheel in he RC. Only after turning off the RC and back on would the RC stop its beeping and I could move the gimbal again. Aircraft reset button would return from blinking red to solid green.

So if you are a seeker, you may want to spare yourself the frustration many here, including myself, went through by putting your drone away until DJI one day possibly hopefully fixes this firmware update. Until then, ours is put out of sight, next to all the other (much older) tech trash in the garage!
2016-7-31
Use props
thaiminh2020
New

Vietnam

I'm facing this problem too, but i think the key is using old DJI Go app on ios becaus old version don't require "Enter Camera View" it show directly when open app.
2016-8-3
Use props
thaiminh2020
New

Vietnam

Update :   i go to my dealer and they have to replace USB Port on RC with the new USB Port with HDMI and it works !!   They also try to replace with the new USB Port and it does not work
2016-8-4
Use props
Kevin 4
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2016-1-13 15:57
Have you connected your mobile device to RC with USB cable ? If the device and RC are connected an ...

Are you even reading what the post says?.
2016-8-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Kevin 4 Posted at 2016-8-13 14:31
Are you even reading what the post says?.

And why are you replying to an 8 month old thread? It is a zombie, let it rest in peace.
2016-8-12
Use props
Vaupell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 198392 ft
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-13 07:33
And why are you replying to an 8 month old thread? It is a zombie, let it rest in peace.

Not really, it's a persisting problem.

And today i joined the club of people with the same problem after new firmware.

No connection from the remote to neither android or iphone tryed both phones and tablets.
So another reason to stop supporting DJI.
So long and not a single attempt to fix or solution. except contact your dealer..
2016-8-15
Use props
jwunderclan
New

United States

Just got my first drone - Phantom 3 Advanced.  Charged the batteries and went through the process of starting up on an IPad Mini 4 (new purchased for use with the drone).  Never got the camera button.  I did a factory reset through iTunes and loaded just the DJI Go app onto it and still no luck.  Now I have a new ipad mini and a drone that won't talk to each other. Any thoughts?  Very frustrated newbie.
2016-8-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jerryjonz Posted at 2016-4-15 08:43
Hey DJI this problem was first reported in NOV 2015.
It seems to me it is time to put some resource  ...

This comes up from time to time and people usually manage to connect. Irt is not an issue that has been around all that time, most people do not have a problem.
2016-8-19
Use props
kwindi
New

Russia

Hey, guys! It's very nice to finally be here with you and share those priceless moments of looking at your $1300 wasted on a shelf!
I "loved" DJi from the very first day, since I cannot connect my RC to iPhone 6 straight out of the box. Moreover, mine RC came with a defective battery which I had to replace.

What is interesting, is that another controller connects to the AC with no problem and FPV, etc. works perfectly, meaning that I will have to purchase a new RC (I live in Russia and shipping the drone to the US and back will be more expensive than buying a used RC).

Once again, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, DJI, for you acting like an ostrich and trying to ignore so common problem.
2016-8-27
Use props
deonmaritz
New

Hi Del2015

Have you managed to resolve this issue in the end? I seem to be having the same issue with the Phantom 3 4K?

Thanks

D
2016-8-28
Use props
chandler.elder
lvl.1

Typed out my whole response but in typical DJI fashion, they screws that up and said I had to wait 30 minutes.

Anyways, I had 2 problems:

1) my RC was connected to a Phantom 4 (which I do not own) and I couldn't get it to connect to my phantom 3 pro.

2) I couldn't connect to the camera on my drone.

I found a solution that worked for me and fixed both issues. The DJI support almost had it right.

1) hold C1+C2+Video record and once it starts beeping, continue to hold and push down on the pinwheel on the top right of the controller.

As it continues to beep, set down the RC and take a paper clip and push in the reset button on the drone located on the right side directly behind the gimbal.

This instantly connected my P3 to the RC.

To then connect the camera, I had to again push C1+C2+Video record and again when it starts to beep, continue holding down all buttons and push down on the pinwheel on the top right of the controller.

Again, this instantly connected my camera and everything is now operating correctly.

Hoping this helps, because I couldn't get much from DJI support.
2016-8-29
Use props
findingfirko
lvl.1
Australia

Del2015 Posted at 2015-11-23 18:45
HI,
No, I don't even get the option to 'Enter camera view', the button says 'learn how to connect' o ...

im having the same problem. got the drone yesterday cant do anything with it. just comes up with the how to connect option. ipad not recognizing drome or rc?
2016-8-31
Use props
Skyedoge
New
Flight distance : 21959 ft
Australia

G,Day all .                  

Got the same problem. Played ( yes its got to a game now) for nearly 5 hours .Tried everything I could find. Still no good. Surprise suddenly it worked (On my Galaxy Tab A ) I thought i had better turn everything off and see if it connects again.. Again everything works but NO VISION as before. I have printed out at least 20 suggestions and I will try these tomorrow. It is 12.49 am South Australian time and I have had enough.

By the way I brought  Blitzwolf Virtual Reality Glasses from BanGood for $23.00. Installed Litchie and my Iphone produces split screen and therefore 3D FPV. So 1. The USB connection on the transmitter is ok.

2. The Quad is sending a video  signal to the transmitter and thence to the IPhone. The problem has to be in the App. My gear is still running on the one that was on it when I bought it in January of this year.

2.4.3 I think. (Cant Get a picture to find out for sure)  When ever I download an APP. it is always the latest one and I think I need to get a compatible older one that will suit my non-upgraded Phantom Advanced.
  ANY HELP TO FIND THIS ELUSIVE APP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
2016-9-1
Use props
scot
New

United States

DJI-Patrick Posted at 2015-12-24 04:35
Hi , Please try reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and ...

Don't know if it will matter for anyone else, but I DID have success with this sequence with the exception that I pressed the C1 + C2 + Camera Shutter button + the camera options button (4 button total) at the same time as I powered controller off and then back on.  My P3P instantly connected to the Go app.  I am still not getting the drone to show up in my network devices but as long as it connects to the Go app, it will do.
2016-9-5
Use props
usera8ce1d3afa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 377818 ft
United States

I started having the same problem as others posted here between flights. I had full control of the aircraft with the remote but the app would not communicate with the remote control. I have Android 6.0.1 and the default for abusb connection forces USB charging mode. If I pull down the status screen and click on USB charging, change the mode to MTP (file transfer) then the app launches and communications is restored. The trick for me now is to configure the phone to default to MTP mode when I plug in a USB device. I hope this fixes everyone who is Android and the USB module wasn't the problem.
2016-9-7
Use props
blatterjr
New

United States

I'm having the same (similar?) issue to others on this thread:

I have a Phantom 3 Pro and have not used it in a couple months. When I went to start the DJI GO application, it showed me HOW TO CONNECT, but would never give me the button for camera view.  I uninstalled the application, reinstalled it and followed the directions for connecting, but camera view won't show up.  I tried a different cable as well. I use my Galaxy Note 3 for the app and decided to try my IPad instead with no success.  Maybe it's the USB port?  I decided to buy the HDMI upgrade to see if this is the case.

I can fly the drone without the app, so control is still working between the craft and RC unit. I've also submitted a ticket to DJI and have not been answered yet.  The unit was purchased direct from DJI.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Robert-
2016-9-12
Use props
user783fb79799
New

United States

Think I have solution. Had same problems. Don't use DJI Go App for upgrades; instead use the DJI Assistant 2 PC app and use USB cable from computer directly to drone. JG
2016-9-12
Use props
blatterjr
New

United States

user783fb79799 Posted at 2016-9-12 14:17
Think I have solution. Had same problems. Don't use DJI Go App for upgrades; instead use the DJI Ass ...

Do you have a link for the software? A lot of people on this thread are having the problem with the Phantom 3 (Pro/Adv/Std) and, correct me if I'm wrong, but the PC App is discontinued for these and only available for the Phantom 4?
2016-9-12
Use props
blatterjr
New

United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-9-13
Use props
baz092727-sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Got the same problem with my Phantom 3 advanced using the ipad but I also have a Nexus tablet which will work by switching " Enable USB Developer Option " on and off in the settings menu on the DJI go app
2016-9-19
Use props
kLN6H05MptJA
New

Canada

blatterjr Posted at 2016-9-12 20:18
I'm having the same (similar?) issue to others on this thread:

I have a Phantom 3 Pro and have not  ...

I'm having the same problem. I cannot connect the the camera and Connor get past the first screen in dji app "how to link your device" I do what it says and nothing. I flew my drone 2 days ago with no issues, I upgraded my I phone 6 and I think that may be the issue? My phone does not seem to know it's connected to the drone at all. Drone flys and I can take pic even though the app is not working but have no idea what is of. I was suppose to do a video for a financial institution today but my drone didn't work. Dji may have just costed me $5000 in a contract. I need some answers ASAP
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules