Phantom 3 wont connect to Go app or show camera view
255705 368 2015-11-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Adams
New

United States

Possible fix.

I had all of the symptoms on here. Flashing green light on controller after firmware screw up and no connection between the drone or controller Couldn't get beyond the How To Connect page. I could fly it but no camera. I have an Advanced Phantom 3. I tried every fix on here. Nothing worked.

What eventually worked was doing the relink sequence in a different sequence. I put the controller in to RELINK.  Only then did I  turn on the drone.
Power on RC
- Press the C1 + C2 buttons on the back of the RC together and keep them both pressed;
- Press the video record button (on the left shoulder of the RC), and keep pressed as well;
- When it starts beeping release C1, C2 and the REC button, press the camera settings wheel (on the right shoulder of the RC);
- The linking mode is now activated: the RC shows a blue led and starts beeping;
At this point I turned on the drone and let it load and "settle". Then I pressed the link button.

- Press the link button on the aircraft within 1 minute (see the user manual for the location of the link button, its right beside a little red LED on the right side of the bird);
- When the RC shows a green led, and the beeping stops, the linking procedure has succeeded and the control link has been restored.

I got a solid green light on the controller within a few seconds.
If it doesn't work I'd just keep trying different sequences. But this worked for me.

2018-3-27
Use props
Mickus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 601677 ft
United States

Got the same issue. Samsung tab S2 worked fine with P3A and P3 pro. Suddenly I have no camera view, no upgrades done, can fly both without view in app so it is not hardware. Cleared cache, turned off apps, wifi, set USB debugging etc etc nothing works. Did re link with P3A but did not need too as I could already fly it without camera view. Tried different cables. Nothing works. Connects fine with my Samsung S8+. This is a software compatability issue. Used to work perfectly now its crap.
2018-3-28
Use props
Mark Adams
New

United States

Mickus Posted at 2018-3-28 03:31
Got the same issue. Samsung tab S2 worked fine with P3A and P3 pro. Suddenly I have no camera view, no upgrades done, can fly both without view in app so it is not hardware. Cleared cache, turned off apps, wifi, set USB debugging etc etc nothing works. Did re link with P3A but did not need too as I could already fly it without camera view. Tried different cables. Nothing works. Connects fine with my Samsung S8+. This is a software compatability issue. Used to work perfectly now its crap.

Try what I did in the post above yours. Mine was exactly the same only on IOS.
Yes, you are linked but not properly. Do you have a blinking green light on your controller? It should be solid.
I did the relink out of sequence. Try the sequence above or try different sequences.
2018-3-28
Use props
Mickus
lvl.3
United States

Mark Adams Posted at 2018-3-28 04:29
Try what I did in the post above yours. Mine was exactly the same only on IOS.
Yes, you are linked but not properly. Do you have a blinking green light on your controller? It should be solid.
I did the relink out of sequence. Try the sequence above or try different sequences.

I will try it tonight. But I have solid green on controller, and I can fly it. Last night I had it on the table everything good only no video on screen, app showed disconnected, I unplugged cable from tablet and plugged it into my phone and everything worked fine, and have good camera view. This makes me think it is software, as I can start stop and fly ac no problem I just cannot see camera view on screen. I flew the ac this past weekend with tablet without issue then this suddenly happens.
2018-3-28
Use props
Mark Adams
New

United States

Mickus Posted at 2018-3-28 08:10
I will try it tonight. But I have solid green on controller, and I can fly it. Last night I had it on the table everything good only no video on screen, app showed disconnected, I unplugged cable from tablet and plugged it into my phone and everything worked fine, and have good camera view. This makes me think it is software, as I can start stop and fly ac no problem I just cannot see camera view on screen. I flew the ac this past weekend with tablet without issue then this suddenly happens.

Yes it's software related. I've flashed enough custom ROM phones to take a decent guess at software and hardware problems. DJI just won't admit it.
I would continue to try the relinking processes. Once I got my solid green light I still had disconnected showing for the camera. Power cycled everything a few times and the camera kicked in to action.
Good luck.
2018-3-28
Use props
djiuser_d5E84XuWBLpr
lvl.2
Canada

Hey everyone, just got a P3P a week ago and started trying to connect yesterday evening. Read through this whole thread, re-linked my RC, tried several cables, uninstalled DJI GO (pre P4 version) and re-installed, tried on my S7 Edge, tried on a iPhone 8, tried on an old the first gen of the HTC One, no such luck. I've enabled USB Debugging on both Android devices.
The RC connects to the P3P fine, I can tilt the gimbal, pan a little with the left stick. Cannot start up the motors though with the manual flying (both sticks to inner or outer corners)

After work today I will update the firmware of the P3P and the RC with the Micro SD method and try again.

My question is this, is anyone able to use the S7 Edge with the P3P with the standard operating procedure? No special tweaks or anything?

I'm within the window that I can return the drone, and have started the return process, but I'd really like to keep it and not have to upgrade to a P4. As I purchased extra P3 batteries and accessories and such. Not to mention when I purchased the P3P I was between purchasing a P4P, or a P3P and a Spark. I went the route of the P3P and Spark obviously.

Anyways, a bit of a ramble but I'm beside myself with this one.

2018-3-29
Use props
Mickus
lvl.3
United States

Mark Adams Posted at 2018-3-28 09:54
Yes it's software related. I've flashed enough custom ROM phones to take a decent guess at software and hardware problems. DJI just won't admit it.
I would continue to try the relinking processes. Once I got my solid green light I still had disconnected showing for the camera. Power cycled everything a few times and the camera kicked in to action.
Good luck.

Tried that Mark did not work for me. Tried my sons Samsung TabA worked great tried wifes Tab A not so much. Still good onS8
2018-3-29
Use props
djiuser_d5E84XuWBLpr
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-10-26 10:41
App communication issues when there is either highly outdated firmware or software is common and can normally be rectified, barring any previous hardware issues. In order to better assist you, I would need additional information. What Phantom model do you have? When was the last time you updated firmware in before you recently updated the aircraft? You should be able to use the Release notes from your craft's Download page in order to backtrack to what the AC/RC firmware combination you had last. What mobile device do you use? What version of the Go app are you running?

DJI-JAMIE,

I'm writing you because I saw your post from 2016 (attached screenshot) regarding mismatched rc and ac firmware. I have a new Phantom 3 pro, have updated the aircraft firmware, but cannot update the remote controller or connect to the dji go app.

Where can i download the previous rc firmware versions so that I can eventually use the dji go app?
2018-3-29
Use props
Mickus
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_d5E84XuWBLpr Posted at 2018-3-29 16:17
DJI-JAMIE,

I'm writing you because I saw your post from 2016 (attached screenshot) regarding mismatched rc and ac firmware. I have a new Phantom 3 pro, have updated the aircraft firmware, but cannot update the remote controller or connect to the dji go app.

I will try this also. The downloads are at dji.com.
2018-3-30
Use props
Mickus
lvl.3
United States

For anyone still struggling to connect found this on forum, https://forum.dji.com/thread-139562-1-1.html. Makes a lot of sense as issue seems to be USB related.
2018-3-30
Use props
djiuser_d5E84XuWBLpr
lvl.2
Canada

Mickus Posted at 2018-3-30 02:19
I will try this also. The downloads are at dji.com.

Have you been able to find older RC firmware? The only download I can find on the DJI site is for the latest firmware for both AC and RC.
2018-4-3
Use props
CanadaDroneUser
New

djiuser_d5E84XuWBLpr Posted at 2018-4-3 08:40
Have you been able to find older RC firmware? The only download I can find on the DJI site is for the latest firmware for both AC and RC.

Hi.   I'm not affiliated with DJI at all, but I too had firmware issues with my P3P, with the Phantom no longer connecting after a firmware upgrade.   

DJI really needs to get their act together and provide more 'professional' policies and testing with respect to firmware upgrade interoperability.    As I was searching for solutions to solve my problem, the amount of time I noticed people are wasting on silly problems like this seems astounding.

In any case, I found this link online, which helped me out (notice it is not provided by DJI, so bear that in mind):

http://www.phantomhelp.com/Phant ... al/#FirmwareArchive
2018-4-7
Use props
userae5e57da29
lvl.1

Germany

Dji Phantom 3 Standard update
2018-4-8
Use props
KC2000
lvl.1

MalibuNano Posted at 2017-10-23 19:27
SOLVED

I was really stuck too.

After hours and hours of trying everything I could find to do to get past the "How to Connect" page in DJI Go on my iPad Mini 2, this did the trick!   Thank you, thank you.

2018-5-21
Use props
baileyrt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14882 ft
United States

MalibuNano Posted at 2017-10-23 19:27
SOLVED

I was really stuck too.

Thanks so much for posting this title to the video.  This solution worked perfectly for me!
2018-6-11
Use props
djiuser_etoUqyFYeBc3
New

United Kingdom

Had same problem with my P3P.
Phone would not connect to drone.
Cleared micro sd card.
Phone connected straight away

2018-7-30
Use props
fans39d4845f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192625 ft

This is the cure. Works with all the phantoms. Restart your phone after following the steps below.

How to Connect DJI Go app to Phantom 4 on Android!
BY MAX LEE · MAY 29, 2016

If you just bought the new DJI Phantom 4, you will want to connect it to your Android smartphone or tablet.  But if you don’t enable USB debugging and also change the connection mode, the DJI Go app may not recognize your Android device.

To do this, it’s very simple, go into Settings->About Phone or Settings->About Phone->Software info and tap on the “Build number” 5 times until it says, “You have enabled developer options”.

Next, tap the back button and you should have a new menu option called, “Developer option”. Tap on that and enable “USB Debugging”.

Next, plug a USB cable from your Phantom 4 controller to your Android device then open up DJI GO app.  It should work but if it doesn’t, swipe down and change USB connection settings to “MTP” and that should do the trick.

No root is required to do this by the way, this works on any Android smartphone or tablet such as Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, Note 5, Note 4, S6, S6 Edge, HTC 10, LG G5, etc…etc…
2018-8-6
Use props
silenthunterpty
New
Panama

kalkoolio Posted at 2018-1-20 07:35
!!! Cannot enter Camera View to relink RC after firmware upgrade !!!!

I have not read through this entire thread, but have gone through hundreds of other threads, and spent nearly 4 days trying to resurrect my brick after the latest firmware upgrade. I have tried reformatting the USB card, installed a new usb card in the bird, changed cables, deleted and reinstalled the Go App, reboot everything, hard reset of the controller using a couple of different methods, reinstalled the aircraft firmware, etc. etc. but just cannot link the RC to the bird because I cannot enter the $$%**#!! DJI GO App, and get past the "How to Connect Screen". Tried this solution from the UK which worked for me, I hope it can help some others here:

Yeeeeee thank you so much this worked great on my Phantom 3 pro
2018-8-15
Use props
fans3b09eb08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98278 ft

Indonesia

Hi, I had the same issue, and I did small guideline to help others which have the same issue.
This was tested on IOS Device Iphone and Ipad Pro.
Please do it with your own risk.
6. Note, the air craft firmware has been updated to the latest firm ware using SD Card method.
7. After you made the connection reboot your RC and the aircraft, then update the firmware of the RC into the latest one. Some times you will lost the connection again between the RC and the Air craft, but don't worry, you can follow step #4 to make a connection.

I hope this small guideline will help others.
2018-8-18
Use props
110WestCape
lvl.1

Nigeria

Same issue here. P3P RC does  not connect to the DJI Go app. Cannot enter camera view. I have tried linking many times (stop suggesting it please). I have reset the RC (stop suggesting it now please). Tried 5 different apple cables. Imported a HDMI compatible module as i thought the USB port was faulty .... Money  & time spent in vain.
Deleted the app and re-installed it many times.... No go past the camera view. P3P ac has the latest firmware successfully loaded. RC who knows? I cannot access it.
Do not tell me to contact my dealer said r send it to DJI, i am an expat living & working in Nigeria ... shoul need new further explanation.
DJI ... what the hell are you doing about this problem you created for many of your investors in paper weights??????
2018-8-18
Use props
fans3b09eb08
lvl.1

Indonesia

110WestCape Posted at 2018-8-18 14:16
Same issue here. P3P RC does  not connect to the DJI Go app. Cannot enter camera view. I have tried linking many times (stop suggesting it please). I have reset the RC (stop suggesting it now please). Tried 5 different apple cables. Imported a HDMI compatible module as i thought the USB port was faulty .... Money  & time spent in vain.
Deleted the app and re-installed it many times.... No go past the camera view. P3P ac has the latest firmware successfully loaded. RC who knows? I cannot access it.
Do not tell me to contact my dealer said r send it to DJI, i am an expat living & working in Nigeria ... shoul need new further explanation.

Hi,
While your phone is connected to the RC using lightening cable, Turn on your RC, then open the app DJI Go, then follow step 1 on my tutoria, by pressing the icon on the top right corner for 10 seconds. You will be directed to the screen on step 2. Then you can be able to see your RC firmware version, I suggest you download the available firmware according to your current RC firmware version.

Then you can follow the rest of the process.

This was made me mad, since most of the Guideline was saying on how to link the RC to AC, I didn’t see many guidelines on how to access the RC Firmware while the RC couldn’t be connected with AC.

Please this link video.

2018-8-18
Use props
110WestCape
lvl.1

Nigeria

Unfortunately no luck. I get the above screen with;
Product: Unknown
Current Version: Unknown
Device Disconnected
Select Firmware version: None
Download: Grey'd out

I have tried to load the firmware latest version which is on the P3P AC onto the RC, no luck via USB. I have tried to roll back the firmware of both RC or AC to previous versions, no luck...... current version does not allow downgrade .... bla bla
The RC does connect to the AC. I can move the gimbal with the RC. There is a red led flashing continuously on the RC with an intermittent beep
It is impossible or very unlikely that the USB that it originally came with is faulty as well as the HDMI module USB I imported.
Just about ready to chuck this piece of dead weight out the nearest window.

BTW, this quad copter worked just fine prior to the latest firmware update .......... it must be software related and DJI remains silent on this very widely experienced problem.  

2018-8-18
Use props
110WestCape
lvl.1

Nigeria

I have also gone through the RC reset procedure several times, it just returns to the screeching red light flashing DJI joke.  
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI-CAT
lvl.1

Indonesia

110WestCape Posted at 2018-8-18 17:46

I suggest you should remove all of the application ( DJI Go) and re-install the apps and try it again. Also please check what the light of the AC, does it yellow light flashing quickly?

2018-8-19
Use props
DJI-CAT
lvl.1

Indonesia

110WestCape Posted at 2018-8-18 17:46

I suggest you should remove all of the application ( DJI Go) and re-install the apps and try it again. Also please check what the light of the AC, does it yellow light flashing quickly?

2018-8-19
Use props
110WestCape
lvl.1

Nigeria

DJI -CAT,
The DJI Go App have been deleted and re-installed several times and tried with three different apple devices and lightning cables. I even tried the DJI Go4 app .... no positive results. The front lights on the AC is solid red and the rear lights flash green red yellow.   
2018-8-19
Use props
110WestCape
lvl.1

Nigeria

110WestCape Posted at 2018-8-19 01:25
The DJI Go App have been deleted and re-installed several times and tried with three different apple devices and lightning cables. I even tried the DJI Go4 app .... no positive results. The front lights on the AC is solid red and the rear lights flash green red yellow.

I presume the members do not know how to assist and DJI does not give a hoot. Thanks anyway.
2018-8-20
Use props
IND-CAT
lvl.1

Indonesia

110WestCape Posted at 2018-8-20 11:38
I presume the members do not know how to assist and DJI does not give a hoot. Thanks anyway.

I have check on Android device 5.1. Initially it was shown like what you have been describes.
In this case you have to enable USB Debugging. Please google it how to do that. Once you be able to activate USB debugging, restart your phone and open the DJI Go, now you should be able to see camera on your Android device, if the RC doesn’t connected due to lost signal then you should pair your RC and AC.
Note:
The RC and AC have been paired initially.
2018-8-24
Use props
IND-CAT
lvl.1

Indonesia

110WestCape Posted at 2018-8-20 11:38

I have check on Android device 5.1. Initially it was shown like what you have been describes.
In this case you have to enable USB Debugging. Please google it how to do that. Once you be able to activate USB debugging, restart your phone and open the DJI Go, now you should be able to see camera on your Android device, if the RC doesn’t connected due to lost signal then you should pair your RC and AC.

Note:
The RC and AC have been paired initially.
2018-8-24
Use props
110WestCape
lvl.1

Nigeria

IND-CAT Posted at 2018-8-24 07:40
I have check on Android device 5.1. Initially it was shown like what you have been describes.
In this case you have to enable USB Debugging. Please google it how to do that. Once you be able to activate USB debugging, restart your phone and open the DJI Go, now you should be able to see camera on your Android device, if the RC doesn’t connected due to lost signal then you should pair your RC and AC.

Thanks IND-CAT, it turns out to be more complicated than initially thought. I have IOS devices with which I can connect to the Phantom. I do not have an imac to do the rest. From there it becomes quite complicated to use WIndows 10 or Linux to do the debugging as it requires administrator rights etc. As an expat in a remote country ...... my imac is in another country and i do not intent to buy one for this purpose alone. I would have to find someone with an imac or a web developer that can assist.
Thanks for the advice though. Much appreciated. Will give feedback once i have made progress.
This problem is a real PITA.  
2018-8-26
Use props
DePollo
New
United States

I can not believe this is still unsolved... and not addressed by DJI whatsoever... 8 pages of comments... no viable solution.

Now here's the interesting thing... my iPhone6+ that i've always used for flying gets the "Camera" option. However... I have 'Disconnected' once I click 'Camera', and I can't seem to get the controller to connect to the aircraft... and hence I can't get get any firmware version details.

And its on iOS 11.4.1, and my new iPhone8+ (also on 11.4.1 and which has never been used to fly -yet-) will not get passed the "How to Connect".

I think I've got old copies of the firmwares laying about, and going to have to try to downgrade the aircraft firmware to see if it helps.

I'm certain... that I last updated the firmware last summer/fall and fairly certain... i have the most recent firmware available via DJI site. I have not flown since last summer... and kinda miffed that nothing seems to be working.

Anyone been able to downgrade an solve the problem?
2018-8-26
Use props
FloneDrier
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10262 ft

Hey all. I was having this same problem or something similar.  Using a Phantom 3 SE and android phone I was getting the Show me how to connect and no camera option. Found a  solution that worked for me on youtube. I can't take credit for it but basically I just had to put my phone in to flight mode (galaxy j5 pro) and then turn the wifi back on and all was good again in the dji go app world.  It seems I can't post a link but you should be able to find the video if you search for "DJI Go App Won't Connect Fix- should work for most newer devices" on youtube. The author is Drone Worship.
hope this helps someone.  

cheers from Tasmania

Mark
2018-10-4
Use props
WildFlyer
New
United States

I am running a Google Pixel2, Android V9, kernel 4.4.116... I was having this same problem with my P3Standard. The DJI Go app would show me a grey camera button for the Inspire series drones, but not my P3. I relinked my controller (not using the advice herein (reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller. Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons pressed  and turn the controller on) because my controller does not have those buttons; rather I followed the instructions in the P3 manual - reset the RC by this way : press the C1 + C2 + Photo  buttons, keep them pressed and TURN OFF the controller. Then ,keep the C1 + C2 + Trigger (photo) buttons pressed  and turn the controller on. I think this might have been part of the solution but what I have determined is the one person that said "Mobile data needs to be turned off on Androids" well that is clearly my solution. If I turn it on no camera. If I turn it off, the camera works. I definitely wasted some hours today figuring this out after not using my P3 in about 6 months and getting a new phone in between.
2018-10-6
Use props
djiuser_HarQLRmQAoj8
lvl.2
United States

Been pulling my hair out trying to get my brand new camera to work so I could see on my tablet. I did the C1 C2 and photo buttons. It worked. thank you so much.
2019-1-21
Use props
fansac7ebb91
New
United States

Hi,

I have a Phantom 3 STANDARD Edition, and I don't understand why my drone and controller aren't connecting to the app. I don't have a USB port on the back of the drone, and don't know how to connect my OnePlus 6 to the drone. I have the app, but it just says 'How To Connect' when I try to use the internet connection to look at the video feed.

Please help.
2019-1-26
Use props
fansa2d07176
New
United States

So I haven't flewn my Phantom 3 Pro very much since I got it in december 2015. I finally got it out of the closet and started the firm ware update. Probably a big mistake as it is now useless. I have down loaded the DJI GO app several times and on different phones and tablets. All of them are were able to fly the drone previously using these displays.
It has apparently happened many times to many owners where the app does not recognize the controller. There are four choices of equipment to connect to Insire 1 RAW (this one allows CAMERA to connect) the next one scrolling to the right is my drone which is Phantom 3 Professional. It only allows me to "how to connect" no access to camera on this screen. The next scrolling to the right is Matrice 100 which is not my drone and it also has a button on "how to connect". The fourth drone when scrolling to the right is OSMO mobile 2 which has a button "connect your device". But as I indicated before I have a Phantom 3 Pro the second option.
I have also tried four different USB cords to connect between the tablet and RC controller. The controller also does not connect to the aircraft.
Any idea here?
2019-1-26
Use props
fans05247a36
New
Flight distance : 1729 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-1-5 14:06
That means the app does not see your controller and its the USB cable or USB port that is bad.

How do we fix the USB port??
2019-3-2
Use props
JohnWesleyPhoto
New
Flight distance : 1729 ft
United States

collinma21@gmai Posted at 2016-1-17 20:41
Ok, new problem then.  I removed the HDMI capable board in the back of the controller and now it's working.  Great!

Unfortunately, now I'm in the DJI Go application and it's telling me "The RC is required to update, please check the firmware upgrade tutorual videos in Academy  The RC doesn't support upgrading firmware through APP, please upgrade the firmware with USB disk."

How do you fix the HDMI capable board?  I’m having the same problem you were.
2019-3-2
Use props
Nic6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1165 ft
Sweden

dwdavis78 Posted at 2016-1-10 15:15
I also just bought a dji phantom 3 pro and its just a paper weight with flashing lights.  I purchased it from Drone-World but its murder to get anyone on the phone to help and they won't respond to emails.  I'm unable to "enter camera view"  

Did you ever find a solution for this?
Quote from main drone fixer in the United Kingdom....

10/03/2019 3:20 pm    Doctor Sheldon

Hi Nic,

Thanks for getting in contact.

The fault you describe is not uncommon and could be the "08-15 error", which occurs after a failed firmware update. Unfortunately the only fix for this is to replace the camera/gimbal unit and this is a problem since DJI stopped manufacturing them some time ago.

We may be able to repair the unit in house however with this fault it cannot be guaranteed, and if not we'd have to forward the unit to DJI's Holland service centre where they still have some stock of new camera/gimbal units.

So although the camera works the whole gimbal and camera has to be replaced because DJI knowingly and recklessly put a firmware upgrade out which wasn't tested, this is why the Phantom models are being discontinued...

I will keep you updated ...
2019-3-9
Use props
fans30ba3393
lvl.1

United States

Del2015 Posted at 2015-11-23 00:45
HI,
No, I don't even get the option to 'Enter camera view', the button says 'learn how to connect' or something similar that.  The point is that the RC is communicating with the Phantom (Professional)  as I can tilt the gimble using the wheel but I can't access the camera view so can't use the Phantom to see where I'm going. There seem to be numerous threads on this and a lot of the problems seem to stem from a newer version of either firmware, or more commonly - newer version of the Go app.

I'm having the same problem. I can't get beyond "How to Connect" and so I can't click on Camera View. And since I'm flying the 3 Standard, my controller doesn't have C1 and C2 switches on the back of the controller as shown in the video.

I'm running a second controller since my first stopped working. I bought a refurbished controller that worked for a short period but began loosing contact with the aircraft. I recently purchased a new phone so I downloaded the app which is giving me the problems you mentioned.
2019-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules