US Registration: Task Force Final Report Recommendations
1217 8 2015-11-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

For those of us in the US:
This is what we'll likely see in the near future.  

http://www.faa.gov/uas/publicati ... Report_11-21-15.pdf

Related Article:

http://motherboard.vice.com/read ... n-program-will-work

2015-11-23
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-23 14:48
Great! Super! Smashing...!!

Now, how's that going to stop idiots doing stupid things with their dro ...

No offence taken, Paul.  I share your sentiment.

As with many, I can think of many sarcastic comments on the subject.
2015-11-23
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Something like gun control.  The bad guys don't seem to have a license for some reason.
2015-11-23
Use props
mcpointer
lvl.1

United States

Idiots will be idiots no matter how many rules and laws are passed.  You can't fix "stupid".  I am anxious to see what the proposed penalties and fines are.
2015-11-23
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

PaulKerry Posted at 2015-11-24 00:55
I don't fully agree, Mcpointer.

Stupid can be fixed (although not always) but it takes education, ...

Agreed. The registration of unregistered UAS operated by untrained individuals will not solve anything.
Concur that "a set of community based guidelines" (education) is the key to safe operations even though some won't abide by the rules.

Registration will only build a database to identify UAS owners who reside in a geographic area.  More like a "free" license with strings (rope) attached.  Reading into it, I can see that if there are complaints about "perceived" illegal UAS operations, the first people the popo will check will be owners in that specific area.  Just hope they don't shoot my big, black, friendly lab after they bust down the door to check my flight logs. (S/off).

On another note, I went to Sam's Club (US big box store) last night for a bit of shopping.  Upfront was a display full of DJI Phantoms ready for Christmas sales.  I almost wondered out loud how many would not be sold if folks knew of the upcoming age and "registration" requirements.  Buyer beware.   
2015-11-24
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Mike. Who is going to be the first one to provide registration decals or stickers?
2015-11-24
Use props
SixtyMike
lvl.2
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-11-24 07:22
Thanks Mike. Who is going to be the first one to provide registration decals or stickers?

From the .pdf, it appears that the FAA will allow the aircraft serial number to be used or provide owners with some sort of FAA issued number (sticker/decal, etc.)  Owner's choice at this point per the .pdf
2015-11-24
Use props
emulsiondown
lvl.1

United States

ty for the link!
2015-11-24
Use props
rodger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

SixtyMike Posted at 2015-11-24 10:48
From the .pdf, it appears that the FAA will allow the aircraft serial number to be used or provide ...

I gathered that when reading you Post. I think the registration number is the route to take. That would be like a driver's license in that one number would apply to the owner/operator. Using the serial number would be a hassle if one had a few Quads. I have 5 Phantoms and 1 Inspire and looking forward to an Inspire Pro in the very near future. I think I am going to add another Phantom to the squadron also.
2015-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules