Newbie:Phantom 2 (not Vision(+)) not connecting.
1409 4 2014-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bill.levins
New

United States

Greetings and happy holidays! I'm writing here on behalf of my uncle who recived a Phantom 2 for Christmas and we're having issues getting it to connect to our computers to update the firmware and calibrate it.

I've done some searching and I've already installed (and reinstalled several times) the drivers, and while I get a solid green LED on it I don't get any connection to either of the programs. Looking in my  devices panel I'm seeing a DJI controller installed and pointing to the driver so I *think* it's propertly installed. Do the drone and controler show up as seprate objects? I've tried it now on two different machines, a Macbook and a Win7 system and neither have been able to connect though both have show the solid green light when connected and the GPS blinking green when disconnected so I don't think it's a problem with the onboard chip. I've also tried a different USB cable though I haven't tried a different micro USB cable since I wanted to avoid disassembling  the craft if possible.  Am I missing something obvious here?
Best regards,

Will
2014-12-25
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Windows computer:
1) Software installed "DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer.exe" and "Phantom_2_Installer_v3.6.exe"
2) USB cable connected between computer and Phantom (NOT remote control)
3) Remote control on
4) Phantom on (wait a few seconds... count 10 Mississippi's)
5) Open Phantom 2 Vision Asssistant software
6) Check for updates
Phantom2_updates2014-12.gif
2014-12-25
Use props
birdfolk
lvl.3

United States

I purchased my Phantom 2 Vision one month ago. I have NOT downloaded any new firmware, nor connected my drone to a computer.  I have NOT calibrated my remote. Nor have I installed the "rc assistant" app, yet.  
Everything works fine right out of the box.  I'm afraid to try "upgrading" it, for fear of turning it into something that doesn't work.
2014-12-25
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

birdfolk@dishma Posted at 2014-12-26 10:25
I purchased my Phantom 2 Vision one month ago. I have NOT downloaded any new firmware, nor connected ...

That's what I did and months later - still enjoying it.  I just took a double scan of the code square on the box and the app went onto my cheap andriod phone and that was it.
Happy flying and hope you get it sorted soon.
2014-12-26
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

Be very careful which USB cable you use to connect your Phantom to your PC.  I have a USB cable that plugs in to my Phantom 2, but does not make an electrical connection.   The same cable works on other USB devices.   When I switched to a different cable, I was able to successfully connect my Phantom 2 to my PC.
2014-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules