1757 6 2015-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 74783 ft
United States

Greetings,

On the app, there is a complete list of firmware versions and active monitoring should an update be available.  Kudos to DJI for developing this useful feature.  But can someone shed some light on the difference between the Aircraft firmware and the Camera firmware?  For example, to resolve a battery update issue recently, updating the aircraft firmware did not work but updating the camera firmware did.  Also, the new firmware for the Inspire 1 PRO, and I think of that as the "aircraft," is updating many camera functions and will update the camera firmware number.
Can anyone help sort this out?

Regards,
Mike

2015-11-24
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,Mike
A camera firmware or aircraft firmware depends on what the firmware focused on . What were the RC firmware and aircraft firmware when you faced this problem ?
2015-11-27
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
United States

Hi Patrick,  the aircraft FW version was and still is 1.4.00.10+  What does the plus sign mean after the version number?

The RC FW version was 1.4.30 before I updated today to the latest version.

Since I fly the Inspire 1 PRO, should I always use the firmware on the x5 downloads page?  If an aircraft FW update would be available, what name would be used to list it?  The name Inspire 1 PRO Firmware has already been used to update the camera, not the aircraft.  To avoid confusion, might I suggest that the name of the unit for which the firmware is intended is included?  For example Inspire 1 PRO Camera Firmware update, or Inspire 1 PRO Aircraft firmware update or Inspire 1 PRO RC firmware update.

Regards,

Mike
2015-11-27
Use props
MJones
lvl.2
United States

Hi Patrick,  the aircraft FW version was and still is 1.4.00.10+  What does the plus sign mean after the version number?

The RC FW version was 1.4.30 before I updated today to the latest version.

Since I fly the Inspire 1 PRO, should I always use the firmware on the x5 downloads page?  If an aircraft FW update would be available, what name would be used to list it?  The name Inspire 1 PRO Firmware has already been used to update the camera, not the aircraft.  To avoid confusion, might I suggest that the name of the unit for which the firmware is intended is included?  For example Inspire 1 PRO Camera Firmware update, or Inspire 1 PRO Aircraft firmware update or Inspire 1 PRO RC firmware update.

Regards,

Mike
2015-11-27
Use props
romain
lvl.1
  • >>>
Canada

Hi
I Have an Inspire 1 Pro,  the aircraft Firmware version is 1.8.01.00+  
What does the plus sign mean after the version number?
Best regards.
Romain.
2016-5-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

romain Posted at 2016-5-31 00:16
Hi
I Have an Inspire 1 Pro,  the aircraft Firmware version is 1.8.01.00+  
What does the plus sign m ...

If this happened after a firmware update, it means that the unit registers that there has been an accepted change in firmware. If your mobile device is connected to the internet/ data, please give the Go app 10-15 minutes or so then power cycle the aircraft and RC to reflect the changes in firmware numbers. After that, your unit will show the correct firmware version. Having the plus at the end is not a cause for concern and it will address itself.
2016-6-17
Use props
sdl56
lvl.1
Flight distance : 93924 ft
United States

My Ipad mini still shows the 1.8.01.00+  after a couple of days
2016-6-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules