OSMO Horrible Handling
1313 12 2015-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
victormikhalchu
New

United States

Greetings,

I finally received my OSMO gimball and was excited to use it. After just one use, the gimbal began to loose connection, add unnecessary shake, and now it has added an extreme "jello" effect to my footage. At first I thought it was my app, but it appears that something is definitely wrong with the gimbal. Does anyone experience the same problem? Here is the link to the video where you can see this "jello" effect in action () /// password osmo1. But then things got even worse. After doing the latest update, where it restores the system to its default, the gimball stopped working altogether... I've contacted the support team, no response yet.

Need help,
Thanks!
2015-11-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

WOW not seen the Osmo have jello before, that looks worse than anything I have even seen on the Phantom quadcopters..

I would hope a DJI Rep might chime in for you soon.. Worth noting that the US/LA office have issued a note that they are off until the 30th for thanksgiving ( http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/s ... amp;postcount=43989 ).. But other DJI reps on here should get back soon..
2015-11-25
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is crazy.  Are you sure you have the camera locked down.  It appears like its loose from the handle.  
2015-11-25
Use props
victormikhalchu
New

United States

dlongcamp@aol.c Posted at 2015-11-26 04:55
That is crazy.  Are you sure you have the camera locked down.  It appears like its loose from the ha ...

No, everything is connected and fully unlocked. Out of 20 shots that I took on that location, 14 ended up having that problem. Pretty bad! Hoping to hear from DJI soon.
2015-11-25
Use props
Skyrider
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Hi, try to remount the gimbal and make sure you've locked the gimbal lock ring. If the problem persists, it might be the hardware issue. Can you provide your contact email? I will report to the US support and let them contact you as soon as possible. Thanks.
2015-11-25
Use props
daniel.huang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233 ft
Hong Kong

Hi, have you noticed any visible vibrations on the camera/gimbal axis?
2015-11-25
Use props
victormikhalchu
New

United States

daniel.huang@dj Posted at 2015-11-26 11:30
Hi, have you noticed any visible vibrations on the camera/gimbal axis?

There was some minor vibration when this jello effect took place.
2015-11-25
Use props
daniel.huang
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233 ft
Hong Kong

victormikhalchu Posted at 2015-11-26 15:08
There was some minor vibration when this jello effect took place.

Seems like the problem.
What's your email account when contacting DJI NA? You might need to wait until next week and arrange the return of your OsmO.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
2015-11-26
Use props
victormikhalchu
New

United States

daniel.huang@dj Posted at 2015-11-27 10:24
Seems like the problem.
What's your email account when contacting DJI NA? You might need to wait  ...

Ok,
I've reached out to them through esvideography@yahoo.com
2015-11-27
Use props
victormikhalchu
New

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-26 09:51
Hi, try to remount the gimbal and make sure you've locked the gimbal lock ring. If the problem persi ...

esvideography@yahoo.com
2015-11-27
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

Thanks for the reply, we will let the US office contact you as soon as possible.
2015-11-29
Use props
victormikhalchu
New

United States

DJI-Amy Posted at 2015-11-30 14:16
Thanks for the reply, we will let the US office contact you as soon as possible.

Please do,
Thanks!
2015-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules