1228 4 2015-11-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TyJo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595030 ft
  • >>>
United States

This morning I got a firmware update notice on my app, so idownloaded it and when it was done downloading the app crashed. so i tried toupdate using the SD card, the osmo acted as if it were updating and finished witha green light but the firmware didn’t update, so i tried again and nothinghappens. the unit is working fine just stuck on 1.0.1.19+

any ideas on how to force update?
Thanks
Ty
2015-11-25
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

The update really isn't an update to my understanding.  It just restores it back to factory from the earlier update that had problems and they pulled it.  
2015-11-25
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Ty, what did the log file on the SD card say?

There is a good chance its updated normally. DJI in their great wisdom decided not to change the version shown in the App to reflect the one you installed ( 1.2.1.60 ). So the App will show 1.0.1.19+. There will be a log file on the SD card called OSMO_FW_RESULT_AB.txt. This should have a success in one of the bottom entries ( might say "The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft." if the osmo restarted with the firmware still on the SD )..

let us know..
2015-11-25
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

The latest 1.2.1.60 firmware will show as 1.0.1.19+ on the app, please check and upload the upgrade txt file in your SD card. If the status is success, please delete that bin file in the sd card or the OSMO will check whether to upgrade every time after powered on. In your case, the upgrade should be success.  Thanks.
2015-11-25
Use props
TyJo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1595030 ft
  • >>>
United States

sploodge Posted at 2015-11-25 16:14
Hi Ty, what did the log file on the SD card say?

There is a good chance its updated normally. DJI i ...

That makes sense, the log says "update same as installed version" or something like that. I was thinking something went wrong....so all is good, thanks for the quick responses everyone!
2015-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules