Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What editing software does everyone recommend?
1009 8 2015-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Data Ghost
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi All,

As a Phantom 3 Standard newbie I have edited my first video using iMovie on the Mac.  Wasnt that impressed with it overall and the file could only be saved in 1080p after being edited.  Ideally id like the outputted file to be in its original resolution and Id like software that feels a bit more capable.

This was the results from iMovie:

Usually in these scenarios people generally agree on a particular piece of software.  What are you using and why?

Thanks
2015-11-26
Use props
yaonya
lvl.3

Ukraine

Final Cut Pro, 'cause it's perfect ;)
2015-11-26
Use props
cyal8tr
lvl.2

United States

Adobe Premier Pro CC with access to the entire Adobe Suite of products. Lightroom and Photoshop are a must for post editing. At least with still shots. Keep in mind that if you are a teacher or student OR*** if you have a student in the household you can get ALL of the products offered for $19.99 per month USD.
2015-11-26
Use props
nrgwise
First Officer

United States

Final Cut Pro

Search the forums and you will find numerous threads asking the same question.
2015-11-26
Use props
DueNorthAerial
lvl.2

United States

Although I don't use iMovie, I have read that the latest release is supposed to support 4K. Might consider updating your firmware to the latest.
2015-11-26
Use props
sdharris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a FCPX user on the Mac, but am considering Adobe Premiere as I use Lightroom and Photoshop and looking at Premiere it does appear to follow the same practises for certain things, curves for colour grading etc.
2015-11-26
Use props
PhantomGaz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2689738 ft
Australia

sdharris Posted at 2015-11-27 05:18
I'm a FCPX user on the Mac, but am considering Adobe Premiere as I use Lightroom and Photoshop and l ...

Adobe premiere pro CC
2015-11-26
Use props
NEair
lvl.1
Flight distance : 548228 ft
United States

I would second checking your software.  I use Imovie as well and it does export 4k video.  I did this one just the other day (I fully admit I'm an amateur at this lol)

2015-11-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
Captain

Hong Kong

Hi ,
I think your video is great ! As for the softwares , Premier and Final Cut are really popular !
2015-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules