Controller won't connect
1763 8 2015-11-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loganmarks
New

United States

I've searched high and low all over the forum for an answer with no help. I went to fly my Inspire yesterday and the controller would not connect to my iPad. I tried my iPhone with the same result. I assumed it might be a firmware issue and came home to try and fix it. I updated the Inspire successfully but still can't get my controller to conenct to any device. I've tried all of our iPads, iPhones, and even m work phone (Note Edge). THe note edge vibrates when connected but won't show up in the app to allow me to update any firmware.

I tried the old method with the .bin file and a flash drive, which also didn't work.

I use my Inspire alot for real estate shoots and need it to work asap! Please help.

2015-11-26
Use props
manteiga
lvl.1

Canada

Same thing.
2015-11-26
Use props
DJI-Patrick
First Officer

Hong Kong

Hi ,
Have you tried another USB cable ? What does the APP show when you connect the RC to the device ?
2015-11-27
Use props
loganmarksmedia
New

United States

I've tried about 5 devices and at least 10 cables.

The controller connects to the Inspire fine and controls everything like normal.

The app won't make any connection at all. Just says disconnected at the top.

I plugged a lighting bolt cable in the day I got the inspire 1 and have left it plugged in and wrapped up with the controller so the USB port doesn't get abused at all.

This is super disappointing after paying so much for this setup.
2015-11-27
Use props
donovan
New

United States

I have the same problem!
2015-11-28
Use props
cumu22
New

New Zealand

I've been having the same problem with my iPhone but seems to be ok with Samsung. Seems to be fixed now after the new firmware update. It got worse when I updated my iPhone. Sometimes going up down up down up down fast on the landing gear would help it connect
2015-11-28
Use props
Golfo
lvl.2

Mexico

After looking for help everywhere and doing many resets of iPads, changes of cables, deleting Go App, doing C1/C2 resets, I finally plugged in a USB to the USB port on master controller and USB did not light up. Tried USB on slave and it did light up. So went and changed slave to master with a lot of screwing around and now I have video and OSD info again. So the Master RC is out of service - seems like App upgrades and firmware have caused the failure or disconnect of the USB port on quite a few RCs.
2015-11-28
Use props
daniel.dezen
New

Brazil

Same problem.
I've done several tests with other devices/cables (ios/android), reset the controller with C1+C2, uninstall - reinstall DJI GO APP, upgrade Inspire 1 firmware, spend hours at forums/internet/DJI support and chat.
The problems seems to be the firmware, but the firmware only can be upgraded with a functional connection between DJI GO APP and the RC, which is exactly what I don't have!
DJI should develop an alternative method to fix this issue, for example making possible a controller upgrade by using the USB/micro USB cable (included) connected to the micro USB port on controller and the USB port at the computer.
This will probably attend all the platforms and avoid lots of consumers to send their controller to support - with transport payed by the consumer.
2015-12-24
Use props
erik
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue.  I even bought another controller.  It worked just fine until a few days ago.  Now, neither one will connect.  I can fly fine, it just won't link to my phone.  I have reset both controllers, uninstalled and reinstalled DJI GO, tried Litchi, tried a ton of different cables, and NOTHING works!  The USB is linked, because it is charging my phone from the controller.  It links and unlinks every time I try different cables.  I don't see how it can be a USB port problem.  Anyone come up with a solution?  
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules