QUESTION FOR DJI ABOUT SHIPPING DELAY [Main thread for delivery discussion]
76604 775 2014-11-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
StevenHuff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 333852 ft
United States

Some who ordered directly from DJI are reporting receiving notices about delays in shipping due to some kind of production issue.  For those of us who ordered from Authorized Dealers, what can we expect in terms of shipping?  I placed my order on November 18th from US Hobby and made full payment.  When can I expect the Inspire 1 to ship?  What kind of customer service compensation is DJI considering as a result of these problems?  Thank you in advance for your time and answers.
2014-11-28
Use props
David
lvl.2

Australia

I ordered directly from DJI within hours of launch. I paid the full price of au $4,130 + shipping on that date. I have just recieved the email about delays but it does not offer any information. When can we expect the units? Will the delay be a week, a month, next year? In 6 months? Really need to know this to know whether to cancel my order. Surely DJI can provide some actual information? Not good enough to tell us about the problems but leave it open ended.
2014-11-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can request a refund from your dealer or DJI.  The next best estimate is on or about the 20th of December.  I beilieve they mentioned that in the letter/email that was sent out.  They also stated that there could be additional delays.  This happens with new technology.  I know that you want it to be right when it ships to you.
2014-11-28
Use props
nwellborn85
lvl.2

United States

Compensation???  For what?  
2014-11-28
Use props
David
lvl.2

Australia

No they did not mention 20th December. Just that there was a delay and more information would be provided at a later date. What I want to know is what is the likely estimate. Is it now 20th December?  I go away for 4 weeks summer holiday on 22nd December and wanted to spend some of my time off shooting with the inspire. They are going to have a hard time shipping this year due to Christmas unless they express ship by the 20th.
2014-11-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

David I would not expect that.  They may not meet your timetable.  Sorry.
2014-11-28
Use props
David
lvl.2

Australia

From the sound of the email below, with no specific dates - it sounds like there are issues that are unresolved. I would think if they were even close to shipping they would be able to provide some kind of approximate date. So I suppose it could be a long time. There was a rumor that they were delayed until first quarter next year. Instead of a long message about thier beta testing surely if they were even close they could provide some useful information.

Dear DJI Customer,

We want to give you an update on the status of the Inspire 1 shipments.

Because we are committed to giving you only the best systems DJI can produce, we have decided to postpone shipment of our first units, and we want to explain this decision to you.

Earlier this year, we started flying and testing the first Inspire 1 beta units. The technology we built into the Inspire 1 is based on all of our years of research and development, and we have always dreamed of combining these elements into one complete system. So these first flights were deeply important to us.

As these flight tests went increasingly well, we started bringing the Inspire 1 around the world to test it in different environments. At that time, we were 99% certain for a launch date in early December. Unfortunately, as we started ramping up to full production scale, there were unavoidable circumstances that prevented our best work from being completed.

So now it is the right decision to delay shipments. We apologize for bringing you this news, but we are working hard to give you the best products you need.

We will update you on our shipment times soon.

Sincerely,

DJI
2014-11-28
Use props
arhnem.digital
lvl.1

Australia

Here we go again .....
2014-11-29
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2014-11-29 08:36
You can request a refund from your dealer or DJI.  The next best estimate is on or about the 20th of ...

Tahoe_Ed, I am new here but have seen many of your posts and it seems you know your stuff.

Where does it state December 20th? My email certainly didn't.
2014-11-29
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That may have been an internal estimate.  Again, it will ship when it ships.  It could be the end of December or in January.  I don't know, I am just forum support and have nothing to do with the manufacturing or distribution process.
2014-11-29
Use props
DJI-ZT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 411411 ft
China

Hey guys,
I apologize for the shipment delay.
Actually we do have encountered some problems in production.
The worst one is the lens. The original design is lens + filter glass.
But we found that when the sun is not appeared in the filed of view, the sun light will affect the image quality.
Engineers advised to accept the result because it is just one case and will be ok in 90% of  applications.
But the product manager disagreed. He insisted that the  camera is the key point of the inspire 1.
We should do something to make things better.
So we decided to add lens hood onto the camera.
And you can find out the camera on website is different with the introduction video.
It is a big change and the date is close to release.
However,there are a lot of work to do.
Redesigned the camera within limited weight and room.
Changed the design of lens.
Made the plastic molding which is 20 days in general and we compressed it down to 15 days.
Test and so on.
The shipment date was estimated to the end of November if everything goes well.
But unfortunately, troubles happend time by time.

We have to inform you the delay info reluctantly.
Please believe that we are doing our best to get it done.
We are more anxious than you.

2014-11-29
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

DJI-ZT,

Terrific explanation.  Thank you.

Very few companies would divulge this sort of information publically.  Hat's off to DJI
2014-11-29
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Flight distance : 80635728 ft
Canada

Don't think it is only the lens hood.  He states the worst one is the lens hood.
2014-11-29
Use props
mhaislet
lvl.4

United States

I want all the bugs worked out asap but DJI please take your time this is an expensive venture for some .Ty for your timely response to this thread.

I personally ordered on the 24th and have yet to receive any notification of  delay
2014-11-29
Use props
destinrepaint
New

United States

send mine as is. when you get the camera fixed send it. until then I would like o fly it!!!
2014-11-29
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

i Notice DJI website states round three of pre orders shipping on or around Jan 15....
Not sure what to expect
2014-11-29
Use props
ems1016
New

United States

I haven't been a member that long on the quadcopter sites, but one thing is certain: there are members who complain because DJI doesn't distribute product fast enough and then there are other members who complain that DJI distributes products not yet ready for distribution!  Obviously, DJI is going to be on the wrong side of things with one or the other faction no matter what it does.

I have fourth stage cancer and have less than a year to live.  I, too, am on the Inspire 1 list.  Respectfully, to you whiners who are crying about compensation and missed deadlines, you people really don't apparently know what it is to REALLY have something to worry about.  It's a freaking quadcopter---not life or death! Take a chill pill and learn to enjoy the ride (or the flight).  I am---at least what's left of my ride.   
2014-11-29
Use props
David
lvl.2

Australia

Yes I'd like mine to fly over summer too. Then a free upgraded camera.
2014-11-30
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Canada

I actually cancelled my order by email, yesterday.  Then DJI put out their statement.  I called this morning to make sure they did not cancel my order.  Glad they were open about it.  Can't wait for it to arrive.  I don't think I have ever been this excited about a new toy!!!
2014-11-30
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

mlebout@hotmail Posted at 2014-12-1 03:55
I actually cancelled my order by email, yesterday.  Then DJI put out their statement.  I called this ...

What did they say when you spoke with them about it? Give us details.
2014-11-30
Use props
mlebout
lvl.2
Canada

Order was thru B&H.  They have no idea when they will be shipped.
2014-11-30
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
United States

I am cancelling my order first thing in the morning.  I will go with a different Quad for now and within a year or two probably bypass the Inspire and purchase a HEX or OCTO so I can shoot with a higher quality camera.  My flight experience today won't justify a Hex or OCTO now, but in the next 12-18 months, I should be ready.
2014-11-30
Use props
gizadog
lvl.2
United States

I just got this message from DJI today. Looks like I'm waiting till next year. DJI got my money for 2 months.

Dear,

Thank you for contacting DJI Store. For order 001****, we have confirmed your payment already. Since it is the pre- order, we will arrange the shipment around the second part of Jan, We will email the tracking number then and it will take about 3 to 5 days for you to get the package after shipped out. Thanks for your kindly patience

Please feel free to contact us if you have any question and wish you have a great day!

Best Regards, DJI
2014-12-1
Use props
tim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 328684 ft
United Kingdom

I just got this message from DJI today. Looks like I'm waiting till next year.

Uh-oh, not good news. When did you order your's out of interest? First, second or third round of pre-ordering?
2014-12-1
Use props
ETDroneHome
lvl.2

United States

gizadog@gmail.c Posted at 2014-12-1 22:32
I just got this message from DJI today. Looks like I'm waiting till next year. DJI got my money for  ...

Hmm, I ordered at the start of the 2nd round and haven't received the shipping delay email so far.

From that message it looks as if you reached out to them first.  Was that in response to a delay email, or were you just inquiring on your own?
2014-12-1
Use props
David
lvl.2

Australia

Dji should never have set the expectation that they were shipping 1st December if they were not 100% sure. I immediately sold both my dji platforms and ordered inspire - with a lot of filming planning over Christmas and my 3 week summer break. Now it looks like I have no uav and no information from dji at all, only from others on this forum. I'm not sure what to do... Go out and buy another phantom and gopro in the meantime? The one I just sold was only a few months old. Arghhh. This is s debacle. Much angst could be avoided if dji simply provided some transparency and authenticity. What is actually going on and when is the likely ship date? Looks like dji is going to wreck Christmas, but who knows. It's anybodies guess.
2014-12-1
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Would be nice if DJI would upload a photo of the finished product for those of us that have prepaid.
Becoming a little concerned with the gimbal shake, let's face it when you have finished videos of a product you are promoting with that kind of a camera shake and then saying oh those were the beta prototypes I ask who's the marketing genius.
It's like GM showing a new truck and the wheels are wobbling......... Doesn't instill much confidence just my 2 cents
2014-12-1
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

Personally I don't care if the camera shakes during transition as long as it is stable during flight. The video samples that Tahoe Ed has posted look super stable. Very usable video results.
2014-12-1
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

I can't find what round I ordered in.  My order was placed on Nov16.  Does anyone have information on what round that would be and an approximate shipping date?
2014-12-2
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

I am very frustrated with the product launch. I'm under the impression DJI has run out of money to produce the inspire 1 line. Why not just do a kickstart lol.

The marketing videos were released back in the 3rd week of November. The dates suggested DJI would begin shipping the inspire 1 was on Dec 1st.

The generic email that suggested no time frame as someone posted earlier is 100% correct. I received the same email.

How many more defects are going to be released with the 1st gen? What's the return and warranty programs?

I would like a full refund for the inspire 1. What are the steps?
2014-12-2
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

agallo33 Posted at 2014-12-3 00:00
I am very frustrated with the product launch. I'm under the impression DJI has run out of money to p ...

How could something be so major it's overlooked?
2014-12-2
Use props
chrisgeigerphot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13046529 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a little worried because purchases prior to November 18th 2014 paypal gives you just 45 days to file a claim if you don't receive a product from a vendor. After 45 days there is no protection through paypal. Purchases after Nov 18th 2014 are protected for 180 days (6 months). Those that bought through paypal between Nov 13-17 may not have protection after 45 days if DJI is unable to deliver. My 45 days of paypal buyer protection ends on December 28th.
2014-12-2
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

My order was on the 16th and I received an email notification suggesting delay with no expected delivery date.

I've attempted to call the North American sales support one with no luck there's nobody there to answer the phone. I guess at this point I will just claim that this is a fraudulent charge due to product not being delivered as described.

I would like some answers or even a refund until the product is ready to be shipped. If DJI would just take the preorder with the deposit versus taking the entire $3600 plus 1500 in accessories I would not be nearly upset. However falsely representing a product is 100% this unsatisfactory.
2014-12-2
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

I want a refund what number do I call?
2014-12-2
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

United States

For everyone interested in canceling their orders, you can do so by simply emailing  onlinesales@dji.com with your order number.  I did so after my mid-november 2 controller order, and was refunded my payment immediately.

My reorder of the 1 controller version was not placed in time to stay in the first run of shipments, so I cannot urge those in that first group strongly enough to cancel their orders as soon as possible so that my shipping date might move up!
2014-12-2
Use props
nwellborn85
lvl.2

United States

agallo33 Posted at 2014-12-3 07:49
My order was on the 16th and I received an email notification suggesting delay with no expected deli ...

I don't know if the rules are different since it's a Chinese company, but I didn't think a company can charge somebody for a product until it has been delivered.  At least those are the rules at my workplace.  I figured it was a legal thing nationwide.  A deposit would have made more sense.  
2014-12-2
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Is there any reason why DJI could not give daily updates as to their progress????
Where is DJI at today?? are we close to shipping or not?
2014-12-2
Use props
hendryx32
lvl.2
United States

Gonna cancel my order this afternoon ! DJI you need to get your product out on time!
2014-12-3
Use props
JerryMutter
lvl.2

United States

+ 1 to ultraturtle  I will Hang in their I want it Now but rather have the best  dji can deliver and am willing to wait. I appreciate their explanation and I hope they will release more soon - pictures would be nice.
2014-12-3
Use props
StevenHuff
lvl.2
United States

I respect DJI's decision to fix the issue and put out a good product.  But I cancelled my order today for various reasons.
2014-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules