QUESTION FOR DJI ABOUT SHIPPING DELAY [Main thread for delivery discussion]
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrbonino
lvl.3

United States

The drone source through amazon.com is due to get their shipment on monday and i ordered mine 2 weeks ago and they said i should have it by the end of next week.
2014-12-31
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

Can you figure out which plane your Inspire is on?

www.flightradar24.com
2014-12-31
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

Update on Shipping: Another Let Down

I verified witih 4 different reps that my orders would go out on the 31st.

Not shocking news but I questioned shipment again today since I had NOT received ANY update on when my order would be delivered.

Simple email to customers would go a long way in many eyes. As a company DJI sure is counting on this being such a good product their customer service can be absolute sh!t. Withholding 3500 dollars from someone and providing false promised for a month is absenine.

First Deliverydate was scheduled Dec.

Then, 21st of Dec.

Then 31st.

Now 4th of January. After the Chineese New Year. WTF. Maybe CEO Frank Wang should have considered granting 3 days of holiday with this many customers waiting who have already made a 3k payment.

Perhaps DJI is taking a break and "Testing our Drones" more during the Chineese New Year

Dialogue from my last online chat:

Cherry
Customer support

Chat started

Anthony

Inquiring about order #****** and the current shipping status. It was suggested previously my order would ship today but I have not seen an update online.

Cherry joined the chat

Cherry

hi welcome to DJI

Anthony

hello. how are you?

Cherry

please hold on, I will check for you

Anthony

thank you!

Cherry

we just start the shipping according to ordering sequence

Anthony

okay. it will ship today. is that still correct?

Cherry

no , we are in middle night here and your order will arrange after back from holiday

Anthony

when is the holiday over? I'm not familiar with Chinese Holidays

Cherry

4th

Anthony

So it will be how many more days? I was told several times by support and through email my order would be shipped on the 31st

Cherry

I am sorry for the delay since we are in holiday

Tags: DJI CEO Frank Wang
2014-12-31
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Is a few days going to make that much difference?
2014-12-31
Use props
awaissarwar
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Dji it is a disgrace and in what world have you shipped orders in terms of order date? I ordered on 17th and mine never shipped but some people who ordered later had theirs shipped. I ordered with two controllers. You dont deserve a new year. Stay in the dark ages of customer dissatisfaction
2014-12-31
Use props
awaissarwar
lvl.1

United Kingdom

lethbrp Posted at 2015-1-1 04:58
Is a few days going to make that much difference?

Yes it would if you are due to fly out somewhere
2014-12-31
Use props
jrbonino
lvl.3

United States

I know that they shipped out round 1 preorders and to the distributors state side and they are due in Monday the 5th and the distributors will then ship them out Monday to fulfill their own preorders.  i was told that mine will be to me before the end of week as long as it doesn't get held up at customs.  The online chat doesn't seem to have any answers correct.
2014-12-31
Use props
havenwood
lvl.2

United States

it doesn't really seem to be the case that DJI is "shipping according to ordering sequence." Dual remote orders made hours after the announcement haven't shipped but single remote orders made a month later have.
2014-12-31
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I thought the Chinese New Year was Feb 19th.
2014-12-31
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

Panama

agallo33,

You can cancel your order at any time, and DJI will refund your payment immediately.  They did so with my preorder when I needed to change configuration.
2014-12-31
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

Just like when Apple releases new hardware, I am using Flightaware.com and include the FedEx shipments from origin. In my case, it is currently listed on FedEx as held in Lantau Island which is the same as saying Hong Kong International. So searching outbound flights from HKG I see that Flight 5982 is enroute from HKG to KMEM. So, either my Inspire is on it way to Memphis where I expect it will be geld until DJI releases it for Jan 7 delivery or it will be on another flight in a few days. By watching the 5982 arrival and the status of the package, I may get a better idea of it.

Yes; this may sound stupid but it is a fun game to play.

2014-12-31
Use props
David
lvl.2

Australia

Yes I have had the same bullshit experience and have been very patient. I ordered an hour after launch on the 13th. Delivery date was 1st December then. Then when delayed I told DJI that I was going to a different location for my summer break on the 22nd. Then they advised me to cancel my order and reorder so it would gomy new address in late December. They would hold my spot in the queue. So I reordered. I confirmed with dji when my order would be shipped on the 29th and they said 31st. Then the next day they said they had actually checked with logistics department and said it needed 3 days to clear customs and go into thier warehouse so it would be shipping definitely by the 3rd (a Saturday). I told them this is a problem because I leave my summer holiday location on the 9th and other guests are coming into our beach house and that I needed to be here to collect so should I cancel and reorder again? They said 'please don't worry it will be there in time". Now I find out they they have told you it won't ship till the 4th which is actually a Sunday? So really it will ship on the 5th - which means the chances of it being delivered to me on the 8th are pretty slim! I have had a 3 week holiday at a really picturesque place with no drone - because when I ordered based on it shipping in 2 weeks - I sold my 3 dji drones to make way for the inspire 1. Arghhh. I understand things take time - but dji needs to handle their comms better. You don't have a big launch and tell everyone they will be shipping in 2 weeks and then ship 7 weeks later! After many broken promises. This is not a kick starter project. If they had just said they would not be available until middle of jan and only taken a deposit and not the full amount then all would be fine. Under promise and over deliver dji! It had better be good when it arrives after all of this.
2014-12-31
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

A bit of good news for people that payed with paypal it looks like you have 6 months to file a complaint. Not two as some have suggested. If u go to your PayPal account under that transaction it has a date when the disputed transaction has to opened by.

Before Internet trolls jump on here this is for dual transmitter orders only.  Why are you even reading a thread that doesn't apply to you
2014-12-31
Use props
ryan6
lvl.1

United States

DUAL, they aren't fighting.
2014-12-31
Use props
octovisions
lvl.2

United Kingdom

the moderators are all flying their inspires !!
2014-12-31
Use props
biketrials
lvl.1

United States

ryan6 Posted at 2015-1-1 09:09

You haven't heard of duel mode?  Two people, each with a radio, battle for control of the inspire.
2014-12-31
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see redleader is making more friends :@

I suggest everyone ignore him.. It seems he just likes to troll.
2014-12-31
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

ryan6 Posted at 2015-1-1 09:09

my bad thanks
2014-12-31
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

redleader Posted at 2015-1-1 00:02
I'm sorry if you're not able to understand internet and forum based humour.

Far from trolling or be ...

redleader, these are not the threads you're looking for.
This forum is practically useless, in my opinion, because there is no moderation direction, organization or supervision: Everyone starts a new thread whenever they have a question, instead of bothering to read what has been posted by those with some experience or familiarity with the subject. It's as if they all just want to hear the sound of their own voice, thinking out loud. Too few posters have bothered to even read the published specs on the Inspire, which have been on the website since reveal. And when someone points that out to them, or that the simple act of reading previous posts to get an answer to their question before starting a new thread is simply proper forum etiquette, that means you're rude, or a bully or a foul-mouthed troll. OK, the foul-mouthed I have no defense for, but the rest of it?

Part of the problem here is that this forum has no ability to select favorite threads, or to jump to the first unread post, as most mature forums offer, so the temptation to just start a new thread becomes too strong: 275 threads, and counting, all to deal with one multirotor!

I have pointed this out to DJI Forum admin, but have not yet received any reply. I'm not sure I ever will. It's a good thing there are other resources available, like RCGroups, DJI Inspire 1 Pilots and MultiRotorForums to find the information and expertise I seek. This forum, not so much.

2014-12-31
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

i was told today when i asked about my extra batteries from all e r.c. that the extra batteries and second controllers would be coming in a week to two weeks.
   i also saw that the second controllers will not be the same as the primary. the second will have controls dedicated to the camera control,that makes me wonder if it may indeed come with dual control units as opposed to being send later.i have not evidence of that though.
2014-12-31
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

On DJI's sales page - Round 3 pre-orders have begun. Orders in this round will ship on or around 2015-01-15.
2014-12-31
Use props
agallo33
lvl.1

United States

ultraturtle Posted at 2015-1-1 05:38
agallo33,

You can cancel your order at any time, and DJI will refund your payment immediately.  The ...

problem is they have delayed 4 times now. If i knew they would have delayed the 2nd I would have canceled. That's what we are complaining about. It's all here say. No accountable information has been communicated to us since the 2nd delay, Dec 21st. If you had 3500 dollars sitting in an offshore bank  account for 8 weeks (if it ships out next week) you would be stressed too.

It would be nice to see a DJI rep respond or send out an email communication letting us know the status of Round 1 shipments. What orders are in round 1. Same for Round 2 and 3.
2014-12-31
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

s.s.gibbs1@gmai Posted at 2015-1-1 11:59
i was told today when i asked about my extra batteries from all e r.c. that the extra batteries and  ...

Your post is so full of misinformation that I have to answer. Both controllers are the same, except that in dual controller mode, one acts as Master and one is Slave. The Master controls the aircraft, while the Slave can only control the gimbal and camera.
A cursory reading of the manual would have revealed that to you. I recommend doing that. It would prevent your posting misinformation on this forum.  
Happy New Year!

2014-12-31
Use props
craigarthurson
lvl.2

Nigeria

I have been reading and thinking "Ouch" there is such a delay with all of this DJI said there was a problem with the camera. OK
Why is there such a shortage of controls and inspires production could have been continuing on these item while a lense hood solution was resolved. So why is ther such a shortage of controls, TB48 batteries, propellers and the delays with the iOS App is the pre order their funding to get it all sorted?
2014-12-31
Use props
paul
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Order Number : 044100001511 purchased Date : 2014-11-13 08:45:25  and no sign of shipping.
2015-1-1
Use props
gunther.horne
lvl.2

Norway

paul@quickchill Posted at 2015-1-1 16:03
Order Number : 044100001511 purchased Date : 2014-11-13 08:45:25  and no sign of shipping.

Answered you mail from enews`?  Maybe Your creditcard autorization has expired.
2015-1-1
Use props
rasmusjohansson
lvl.1

Sweden

Order Number : 046000000306 purchased Date : 2014-11-23  and no sign of shipping.
2015-1-1
Use props
yann
lvl.1

Switzerland

Order 041000000272, 11/13, the first few number are country code, and the last one are order "priority"....Im 272 and still have no shipping number...got all emails, thats its gonna ship first one remote then second later...I also ordered dual....
2015-1-1
Use props
owen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 267316 ft
United Kingdom

Order Number : 044100001571 ordered 11/16 still not shipped. got email to say 31st December. Obviously just kidding again.
At a guess, no UK orders have been shipped yet?
2015-1-1
Use props
jrbonino
lvl.3

United States

Nothing yet but i was told it will ship out on monday or tuesday
2015-1-1
Use props
eliran
New

Brazil

Great kid you have! Great partnership.
2015-1-1
Use props
ronbrister2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1301319 ft
United States

I wonder why there is no response from DJI on this forum.
2015-1-1
Use props
kp.iwsltd
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Because we are dealing with a less than transparent and lack of customer service type company.
I am surprised that they are able to export to say North America when their customer service is non existent, there should be rules in place for this type of let down.
2015-1-1
Use props
mjdmike
lvl.3

United States

ronbrister2 Posted at 2015-1-1 23:34
I wonder why there is no response from DJI on this forum.

I believe I saw in other posts where they are not working until Monday.
2015-1-1
Use props
ultraturtle
lvl.2

i also saw that the second controllers will not be the same as the primary. the second will have controls dedicated to the camera control,

That is not accurate.  From the first FAQ on this page: Inspire 1 FAQ:

The two remote controllers are physically identical. You can set the remote controllers to either "Master" or "Slave" through the DJI Pilot app if you wish to use dual controller mode.
2015-1-1
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 68555177 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had hands on yesterday with a  Dual Control model and I can assure you that they controls were identical.  We flipped between master and slave on them to test it out.  They were 100% identical as far as we could tell!
2015-1-1
Use props
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

Priceless! Love it!
2015-1-1
Use props
havenwood
lvl.2

United States

I'm really disappointed that no dual controller orders have been shipped.
2015-1-1
Use props
kkoole
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

If you ask me this means they're definitely gonna ship the dual transmitter inspires with both transmitters, despite what the email says. It's the only reasonable explanation that all the dual transmitter orders have not yet shipped.

If this is the case it wouldn't bother me this much, as long as its delayed in a reasonable time. It would be nice if someone from dji could verify this
2015-1-1
Use props
hmerkel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2307995 ft
United States

The dual transmitters are not identical.  The big differences are in the right button below the control sticks.  These difference are pointed out in this video from Octofilms.

2015-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules