QUESTION FOR DJI ABOUT SHIPPING DELAY [Main thread for delivery discussion]
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
havenwood
lvl.2

United States

kkoole@hotmail. Posted at 2015-1-2 02:36
If you ask me this means they're definitely gonna ship the dual transmitter inspires with both trans ...

I agree. If they do ship with both controllers then the delay is reasonable.
2015-1-1
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18326348 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure what version Octofilms received but I can tell you I had a dual control production version in my hands yesterday and they are Identical. So identical that we confused them and fired up the wrong one the second time we went to fly the inspire.  I have a dual control version on order and will be happy to post pics whenever it gets here.   I'm not putting 100% faith in a group that couldn't keep their own video from being leaked prior to the launch event...
2015-1-1
Use props
iamshier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

s.s.gibbs1@gmai Posted at 2015-1-1 11:59
i was told today when i asked about my extra batteries from all e r.c. that the extra batteries and  ...

The master and slave controllers are the same. You determine which is which from the DJI app.
2015-1-1
Use props
abe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ordered on Nov 18 direct from DJI, and initially my shipment notice said Jan. 5 delivery. A day later it changed to Jan. 7 delivery with a note saying  "future delivery requested."  I take this to mean DJI is trying to control (make more predictable) the date when end customers get the product, much like Apple does with new iPhones. It buys them a couple of extra days to get their act together on final details, like maybe getting the iOS pilot app downloadable, or preparing their support website & product registration system for 50,000 people hitting them all at once.
2015-1-1
Use props
ryan6
lvl.1

United States

Everyone just needs to calm down.  You all PRE-ordered a product that wasn't even a finished product when you dropped the money and you knew that ahead of time.  You all would be the first ones complaining also if you had already got your Inspires and then had to wait for DJI to send you different iso mounts because yours were too soft.  I fully agree that the customer service side of DJI is lacking, but all the crying isn't going to fix anything.  And I've seen people complaining that delays are messing up their shoot schedules....REALLY? People have scheduled paying jobs around equipment they don't even have in their possession? Sorry to be the Devil's Advocate here, but dang just be patient, it'll get here when it gets here.
2015-1-1
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

travissrt@gmail Posted at 2015-1-2 01:57
I had hands on yesterday with a  Dual Control model and I can assure you that they controls were ide ...

did you have a post production unit? i have not seen one except in the above octofilms video that was done recently. that is why i posted what i did.

2015-1-1
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-1 14:34
Your post is so full of misinformation that I have to answer. Both controllers are the same, except ...

have you seen the above link to the octofilms unveiling of  a POST production dual transmitter model?
   this is NEW information and is what i based my statement on. i HAVE  seen the online manual and was aware of the information you stated here.
please see the video and see if i am right or not?
if i am wrong then i apologize in advance.
2015-1-1
Use props
ryan6
lvl.1

United States

iamshier@gmail. Posted at 2015-1-2 03:32
The master and slave controllers are the same. You determine which is which from the DJI app.

I don't think they are identical transmitters.  The 'Master' transmitter has a RTH button and a 2-position switch around it for the gear.  On the 'Slave' transmitter, that button was not labeled as RTH and didn't have the RTH logo on it, and the 2 position switch for the gear was now a 3 or 4 position switch.  I'm guessing it selects the camera modes. (FPV, Free, etc.)  Also I saw somewhere one tranmitter had white rear C1 and C2 buttons and the other had silver buttons.  Another point would be that the Slave tranmitter is designed to send uplink commands to the Master and the Master sends the controls up to the quad.  The Slave only recieves downlink from the quad so it may not even have the capability to transmit on 2.4Mhz.
This is all speculation until I can test it though.
2015-1-1
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm telling you man, I had them both in my hands yesterday and all of the switches buttons and everything else was the exact same.  We even switched the master to slave and made the slave the master to make sure that they could either one be used to fly the drone and it worked fine took less than 2 minutes to switch back and forth.  You do it all in the app.
2015-1-1
Use props
ryan6
lvl.1

United States

Ok, that makes more sense from a production standpoint. Maybe the one I saw was a pre-production one-off.
2015-1-1
Use props
rbendjebar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3170190 ft
  • >>>
United States

s.s.gibbs1@gmai Posted at 2015-1-2 04:42
have you seen the above link to the octofilms unveiling of  a POST production dual transmitter mod ...

No need to apologize. There is a lot of misinformation on these threads. Reader beware.
BTW, several DJI forum moderators have debunked the claim that Octofilms has a production unit. Seems they're not as official as they claim, especially given their history with prematurely releasing an Inspire video not sanctioned by DJI, then trying to sell their beta unit on ebay.

2015-1-1
Use props
jrbonino
lvl.3

United States

And now I am being told that dji shorted shipments to the dealers and not all preorders will be shipped out like first thought.

Giant letdown
2015-1-1
Use props
s.s.gibbs1
lvl.2

United States

rbendjebar Posted at 2015-1-2 07:18
No need to apologize. There is a lot of misinformation on these threads. Reader beware.
BTW, sev ...

ok..i guess you have seen the video and discount it due to the previous octo b.s.
  i understand. i have seen all the information and doubt that they made a fake controller..but who knows.
  i will refrain from posting any new info i find at this point and when i get one in hand i will know for sure.
   everyone is on edge after all of this b.s. especially me after having an order cancelled and two other screw ups by dealers AND before that dji told me to go buy a new one after my new loaded p-2 flew away with 8 sats on it.
i didn't need your reprimand and feel it was unwarranted. if i had not done my homework and had not read the manual etc. i would not have posted it state your opinions by all means but don't tell others not to post the info they have..you just may be wrong and people should be allowed to judge for themselves.
  i am done here.
2015-1-1
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

My preproduction Tx's were both the same.  I do not know what Octofilms received but that is not what my preproduction unit was or what they sent back to DJI.   That is the extent of my comments.
2015-1-1
Use props
nar907
New

United States

I ordered today from an amazon seller that had them in stock, got a shipment confirmation today as well. I get mine on the 7th.
2015-1-2
Use props
skinleverton
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Shipped

Your DJI Order has Shipped
Direct purchase from dji to uk, happy shopper.

2015-1-4
Use props
vincentvanschij
New

Netherlands

For all the people in and around Holland looking for an inspire, www.droneland.nl is receiving 35 inspires on thuesday, and they are not all sold yet. they are only receiving single remote versions. if you order a dual remote version, you will get the second remote later;)
2015-1-4
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

The packages are moving (another useless thread)

At least mine is. It left HK last night and is in Memphis, Tennessee now.

I could have it tomorrow if not for DJI asking for a delay. However, since they have, I expect Tennessee to Greensboro, NC tomorrow, Greensboro to Durham, NC Tuesday night and then on the truck for delivery Wednesday morning!

Update: Made it through customs inspection.
Update #2:  Just left Memphis
Update #3: It made it to Raleigh - just 20 miles from my home.
Update #4: It went BACK to Memphis last night.  Hahahahahaha
Update #5: Apparently a problem with their system because it just delivered two days early!

2015-1-4
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

I am in SC and I haven't heard anything.  Ordered 11/16
2015-1-4
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

gds3d@comporium Posted at 2015-1-4 20:56
I am in SC and I haven't heard anything.  Ordered 11/16

Nothing? No shipment? Did you order from DJI? I ordered direct from them on 11/16.
2015-1-4
Use props
kkoole
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

I ordered on 11-13 and also haven't heard anything.. Well I did receive the generic email, but no shipping status or confirmation.. Next time I'll definitely place my order somewhere else. B&H or something.
2015-1-4
Use props
dancuff
lvl.2

United States

Same - ordered on 11-15 and nothing. Glad for those who received shipping confirmation but frustrated that they're apparently being shipped out randomly. Interesting that they're still advertising THRID round as shipping on or around 1/15. This doesn't seem possible based on the recent track record.
2015-1-4
Use props
JAEKAE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58560 ft
United States

When did you order?
2015-1-4
Use props
JAEKAE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 58560 ft
United States

Did you order a single or dual remote package?
2015-1-4
Use props
ebwelder
lvl.1

United States

Second round shipments?

Anybody have any Idea when the second round orders will ship?
I purchased mine with duel remotes on 11-23-2014.
2015-1-4
Use props
redleader
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I'm in the same round, I've not even enquired yet. Partly because I'm scared of what I'll find out, and partly because I think they've only just stopped being hassled over round one deliveries.
2015-1-4
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Second round?? They haven't even filled the first round....by a long shot.
2015-1-4
Use props
ebarronh
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10203 ft
Peru

Considering the third round is set to ship Jan 15th, I'd say the week of Jan 9th looks like a reasonable date.
That's what my dealer also commented.
2015-1-4
Use props
kkoole
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

I ordered mine on the second day, nov 13th and I my shipping status is still stuck on pending.. I doubt third or second round will be shipping soon. Then again, a lot of people who ordered days after me already have a tracking nr so who knows you could also be in the first round.
2015-1-4
Use props
dancuff
lvl.2

United States

kkoole@hotmail. Posted at 2015-1-5 08:32
I ordered mine on the second day, nov 13th and I my shipping status is still stuck on pending.. I do ...

Agreed. I'm in the same boat. There was a previous thread (apparently deleted, possibly moved, by DJI) that suggested that none of the first round orders for the dual remote setup had shipped yet - even though the word from DJI was that they would ship with a single remote and the second remote would follow later. So either they've changed their mind and are waiting to ship with both remotes - or the whole thing is completely random. Either way, in my opinion, the whole release has been a fiasco. It's not the delay, it's the complete lack of communication.
2015-1-4
Use props
travissrt
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mtshipp your in Durham? In in Raleigh, we should link up!
2015-1-4
Use props
MTShipp
lvl.2

United States

travissrt@gmail Posted at 2015-1-5 09:03
Mtshipp your in Durham? In in Raleigh, we should link up!

@Travissrt - Actually, near Garner.

Just got notice from FedEx that my Inspire bypassed Greensboro and Durham and is sitting in Raleigh. Sadly, I assume it will sit there until Wednesday, just 20 miles from my home. And I checked, I cannot get FedEx to relinquish it early.

Update: Hahahah. Overnight, it went back to Memphis!

2015-1-4
Use props
AVNes
lvl.3

United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-1-5 08:14
Second round?? They haven't even filled the first round....by a long shot.

That's sounds pretty accurate...
2015-1-4
Use props
noelle1000
lvl.2

United States

I ordered 11/25/2014. I just enquired on a ship date. The response was late January.
2015-1-4
Use props
jrbonino
lvl.3

United States

Who did you order through
2015-1-4
Use props
noelle1000
lvl.2

United States

Ordered from DJI
2015-1-4
Use props
jrbonino
lvl.3

United States

Yeah I think straight from dji will take longer than from people that ordered on Amazon and other online dealers
2015-1-4
Use props
goviral
lvl.1

United States

Using B&H as an example... they're shipping (tomorrow) Jan. 5th... and Jan. 11th.  I ordered my Inspire December 25th and they assured me that my order would be filled with the Jan. 11th shipment.  I expect to have mine in-hand no later than Jan. 16th.  I have noticed that those who ordered direct from DJI suffered a greater delay.
2015-1-4
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

goviral Posted at 2015-1-5 12:24
Using B&H as an example... they're shipping (tomorrow) Jan. 5th... and Jan. 11th.  I ordered my Insp ...

This has left a lot of people sour. It's a lot of money up front to be put on the back burner.
2015-1-4
Use props
ebwelder
lvl.1

United States

I ordered through "DJI" thinking it would be the fastest way to get one. I hope I didn't screw up!
2015-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules