QUESTION FOR DJI ABOUT SHIPPING DELAY [Main thread for delivery discussion]
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jakeleen77.emai
lvl.3

United States

So I guess when I ordered yesterday from DJI's site and it said it would ship within 21 days that might be wishful thinking? Sigh. Oh well.

I'd also not heard about the iOS app not being available for the Inspire. Not feeling super confident so far about this purchase. Hopefully in a month or so when I get my Inspire the iOS thing will be sorted.

Good luck everyone.
2015-1-23
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

The good news_ I got my batteries delivered !!! The Bad, still no Inspire! Ordered on 12/31/14. Was the third shipment delivery that was starting on 01/15/15. Anyone ordering around that time got theres yet? Ordered direct from DJI.
2015-1-23
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

skinleverton Posted at 2015-1-13 05:23
Note, drone is delivered, box opened, look, touch, feel, lick then charge update,  wait until mornin ...

Thailand delivery:  Ordered 9 december. Delivery 27januari. But the 2th TX and extra batteries will arrive on a later date.....  welll, at least something is moving here in Thailand.  hehe
2015-1-23
Use props
kasper.levison.
lvl.2

Sweden

Got mine in Sweden a few days ago. Have done 2 flights. Having problems with the APP for Ipad that is not working 100%. Waiting for the updated "official" version.
It draws a lot of people when out flying !
2015-1-26
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Anyone in USA getting the 3rd shipment yet? Supposed to go out starting 01/15/15
2015-1-26
Use props
jazzinman.email
lvl.1

United States

Inquired DJI onlinesales about my Dec 19 order, reply said all orders from before Dec 18 have been shipped, next round around the end of Jan/Beginning of Feb.
2015-1-26
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

jakeleen77.emai Posted at 2015-1-24 06:12
So I guess when I ordered yesterday from DJI's site and it said it would ship within 21 days that mi ...

Hopefully you'll get an All New Version Inspire 2 , with less bugs and the full iOS app ready !
Like when the  phantoms came out .... Hmmmm.crkg
2015-1-26
Use props
jaanus
lvl.2

Received tracking information this morning but currently no more info than "Shipment information received" Order was placed 6th of Jan to Europe/Sweden

I also that noticed additional order have appeared in my orders for propeller locks with status pending

2015-1-27
Use props
chanjordan.emai
lvl.1

Hong Kong

I ordered on Jan 7 .... and I called customer service I need wait one more month.. OMG
2015-1-27
Use props
Arsenico
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392920 ft
Spain

orederer in jan 11 they shiped to Spain   the  27 of jan .

2015-1-27
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I've seen All e RC has them listed as in stock for quite a while now.  Has anyone verified through them?  I got mine through CopterShop and they seem to get new units once and a while.  Although it's listed as preorder currently.  Hope that helps.
2015-1-27
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just got a response for my order of 12/31/14!        
Storeagent01 (DJI)
Jan 28, 18:00

Dear Gary.
Thank you for contacting DJI
We are sorry for keep you waiting.The shipment of Inspire 1 was delayed a little.
We have stable and sustainable production, we arrange the shipment for inspire 1
continuously every week. Now all of the order from North America before December 19th
have shipped out already. So it sill be soon for us to send your order out.
But since there are many orders from all over the world, including China, we cannot give
you a specific shipping date, but the shipment date will be around the first part of
February.
Once we shipped it out, we will keep you informed and email you the tracking number.

Thank you for your kindly understanding and patience.
Best Regards
DJI
2015-1-28
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Does anyone know if the dual controller models are going out or is it still mainly the single controllers?
2015-1-28
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

For anyone looking for Single Controller Units I ordered today from multicopterwarehouse.com and the order shipped in the afternoon same day.
2015-1-28
Use props
lauzon.richard.
lvl.1

Canada

Are anyone know if there is any customs fee if I directly order with DJI from Canada?
2015-1-30
Use props
jaanus
lvl.2
Finland

lauzon.richard. Posted at 2015-1-31 03:50
Are anyone know if there is any customs fee if I directly order with DJI from Canada?

DJI ships their orders DDP (Delivered duty paid) eg. end customer has no additional fees.
2015-1-30
Use props
Renaat
lvl.3

Japan

Buying through Taobao/Tmall platform assures you sending in 78 hours !! Payment is not possible if no stock !! So dear DJI lovers, you know how to do.  Poor all others who paid without any guarantee for delivery date and lucky DJI to play with your money meanwhile during ….months. Tmall only transfer money to DJI if received in good condition. We did, and received in 3 days.
2015-1-30
Use props
gwhiz2k
lvl.3

Canada

I ordered on 29th of December. Just got my shipping notification (I'm in Canada) late last night. Not sure how long it takes to ship, but unfortunately I'm out of town for most of next week. I hope they don't just ring the bell and drop it at the door...
2015-1-30
Use props
wwstudio
lvl.1

Canada

I ordered my I1 back in end of Nov 2014 and 2 months now STILL WAITING!
2015-1-31
Use props
e.hawes.vcomput
New

United States

I have been stiffed by DSLRpros for 30 days on the amount of 3100.00. They claim it is because of the delay by DJI but no one should have to pay this amount and never get their product. I am tired of the scam associated with the DJI product Inspire 1 and conclude that I should refrain from ever supporting their efforts again.  It is sad as I have purchased the Phantom vision FPV and the Phantom vision 2 + 3.0 and thought they were reputable but now i am seeing that they are manipulating the financial system along with the resellers at the consumers expense.

There is no excuse for this.
2015-2-1
Use props
SchaeferJos2016
New

United States

If I ordered my DJI Inspire 1 on January 19th and they said it should be shipped at the end of January beginning  of February does any body know if that is still true or should I be expecting it more like end of February?
2015-2-3
Use props
Markwiss
lvl.1

United States

Inspire 1 is quite a package.  I had an RC helo years ago. It was fun.  It crashed a lot. Lately I have read and seen certain issues w/ inspire so I waited a bit before ordering.  The scariest was the IMU failure where the inspire took off and then 'TOOK OFF!'.  So, I prefer that the latest upgrade be installed by DJI and, as long as we are informed regularly, will wait.
2015-2-3
Use props
aerialview..
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5743967 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Markwiss Posted at 2015-2-4 09:51
Inspire 1 is quite a package.  I had an RC helo years ago. It was fun.  It crashed a lot. Lately I h ...

I ordered on the 18th, was told a week ago to expect early Feb, now told 2 days ago to expect mid Feb for UK shipments (based on when I ordered).
2015-2-4
Use props
Markwiss
lvl.1

United States

aerialview.. Posted at 2015-2-5 06:44
I ordered on the 18th, was told a week ago to expect early Feb, now told 2 days ago to expect mid  ...

I am concerned with the communications and programming problems I've seen posted.   I have watched as certain problems...slowly...became non-issues so I am comfortable believing the DJI crew is fanatically working to fix all.  I waited almost 3 months to order and I assume that, when delivered, it will be as up to date as possible.  I was a beta tested with Microsoft in the late 80s - early 90s (DOS , WIN 3.1, Windows 95, Windows 98) so I'm OK waiting until the techs start smiling.  Of course, I've still got 40 days to dispute.
2015-2-5
Use props
Markwiss
lvl.1

United States

Markwiss Posted at 2015-2-6 01:24
I am concerned with the communications and programming problems I've seen posted.   I have watched ...

(that's Beta TESTER)
2015-2-5
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

I'd ordered on Jan 22nd, so I know I've been waiting nowhere near as long as some of you. I'd politely emailed yesterday to see if they had an estimated shipping date. I was told late February.
2015-2-5
Use props
mitchkell7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

If this information will help anyone else wondering where they are in line with their own shipment, DJI just updated my status to shipped. My order was placed on January 2nd. Shipped out February 5th.
2015-2-6
Use props
Rbimd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 407710 ft
United States

I ordered my Inspire from DSLRPros on Jan 27 and received shipping notification already, with delivery on February 10th. Looks like DJI is now doing well in filling orders
2015-2-6
Use props
newsphoto90
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my Inspire form DJI on December 26, and it will be here Wednesday!!!!
2015-2-8
Use props
gboivin
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

newsphoto90 Posted at 2015-2-9 01:12
I ordered my Inspire form DJI on December 26, and it will be here Wednesday!!!!

I also ordered thru DJI 12/31/14. Shipped out and getting Wednesday!
2015-2-8
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

Rbimd Posted at 2015-2-7 13:38
I ordered my Inspire from DSLRPros on Jan 27 and received shipping notification already, with delive ...

Did you order through Amazon and how is the video that came with it?  Do they have a better return policy then DJI?
2015-2-9
Use props
jtanner.thedigi
lvl.1
United States

i placed my order on 1/20/15 so I guess I will have quite a wait for delivery.  I am not a fan of the lack of communication we get from DJI but if the Inspire 1 comes complete with the extra accessories that I ordered, and it operates properly, then I will be less upset about waiting.
2015-2-9
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

jtanner.thedigi Posted at 2015-2-10 03:17
i placed my order on 1/20/15 so I guess I will have quite a wait for delivery.  I am not a fan of th ...

Yeah. I ordered two days after you and DJI told me via email a few days I could expect shipment late February. And I agree. This waiting is frustrating. But I guess that comes with early adoption.
2015-2-9
Use props
JKent
lvl.1

United States

Incredible what kinds of wait times there are.

I ordered my Inspire 1 dual-controller originally in mid-December through DSLRpros (via Amazon) I re-placed my order at DSLRpros request via their site and added an extra TB48 battery the first week of January.  I did receive my Inspire 1 with a single controller mid-January but here it is a month after being billed for the full amount and I still don't have a second controller or battery which are sort of imperative to the type of filming I had hoped to be doing.

I guess I just wish there would be some more communication going out about this delay. I don't know if this is DJI's responsibility or DSLRpros for fulfilling the orders but in talking to DSLRpros it seems like they really aren't being told much about shipping times and are just expecting the extra controllers to come soonish. If DJI is shipping 3rd round of orders prior to fulfilling controller orders from the first round of shipments then that's a little frustrating.
2015-2-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I for one think this Quad is worth the wait, but I do agree it is frustrating to say the least. Mine was ordered about Jan 25 from DJI and they have confirmed shipment by the end of Feb 2015. I ordered extra batteries on separate orders.... Guess I will just wait and see what happens.

PS. I have the iOS app 9.2 installed on my iPhone 5S and it works fine just to see all of the features. Does not show the tiny map in the lower right corner of the Camera view. Does anyone else have this issue?> or does the controller need to be connected?
2015-2-9
Use props
cinejeff
lvl.1
United States

One day after writing on this forum that I wanted some news, I receive an email stating that my entire order is shipping today.  Now all that I need is for Apple to get their asses in gear and release the iOS app.
2015-2-10
Use props
nightlust.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Ordered Feb 8th 2015, waiting for good news!
2015-2-10
Use props
tungvu.tv.gmail
lvl.1

United States

I got a notification from B&H that they have the Inspire1 in stock...trying to cancel my order with DJI now and grab the ones from B&H, seems like it'll be faster with better customer support.
2015-2-10
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

Update

tungvu.tv.gmail Posted at 2015-2-11 13:49
I got a notification from B&H that they have the Inspire1 in stock...trying to cancel my order with  ...

i placed my order with B&H back on Feb 4th and still waiting for them to ship it out to me.  There are lots of back orders for this.  I signed up for a notification when they get them in stock, but I did not receive one as you did.  Maybe you can grab one up.  I went with B&H because of their return policy and their help with customers.

***It is now in process for the single controller and inspire.  The extra controller and battery still show on order. ***
2015-2-11
Use props
nightlust.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Damn I hope ordering direct wasn't a bad idea.
I did speak with DJI via online chat and they assured me it would ship out within 10 days of placing my order.
2015-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules