QUESTION FOR DJI ABOUT SHIPPING DELAY [Main thread for delivery discussion]
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ian.expert-24
lvl.2

United Kingdom

nightlust.gmail Posted at 2015-2-12 01:13
Damn I hope ordering direct wasn't a bad idea.
I did speak with DJI via online chat and they assu ...

Just for info, I ordered a dual controller version with an additional battery (TB48) from Coptershop on Monday and it was all shipped on the same day. They have the dual controller versions in stock. They certainly lived up to their reputation on here. And they even wrote to me to say that the 1.0 version of the iOS app is available. Direct oddly seems to be the poor relation.
2015-2-11
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

nightlust.gmail Posted at 2015-2-12 01:13
Damn I hope ordering direct wasn't a bad idea.
I did speak with DJI via online chat and they assu ...

Please keep this thread informed. If you ordered on the 8th, and they told you 10 days... and I ordered on Jan 23 and they told me end of Feb... something doesn't add up. Unless I get mine earlier than they reported... to which I would be delighted.
2015-2-11
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Ordered mine Feb. 2/15 guess I'll be waiting awhile from the sounds of things. Wish I would have read all this first, I may not have ordered direct from DJI. I ordered a spare battery two days later and have already received it.  
2015-2-11
Use props
Mjdflying.msn
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my dual controller setup on 1/13 just received shipping info yesterday, FedEx tracking info is saying delivery will be on Monday 2/16.

"My Orders" page now shows my dual controller order shipped but just added a new single controller item showing paid but not shipped.
So I am guessing my kit will only have the single controller in it on Monday and I will still be waiting for the other controller.

I also called DJI today to verify if I needed prop locks which was an immediate YES, all kits require prop locks and should not be flown without them.
2015-2-11
Use props
qrx33
lvl.1

United States

Hello all, I ordered my inspire on 1-16-15...i just recieved  shipping confirmation today and should arrive in Florida on 2-13-15... Info that may help the anxious like myself.
2015-2-11
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

Thank you Mjdflying and qrx33. Very helpful. Also, Fred D, that might be the greatest avatar I've ever seen.
2015-2-11
Use props
tungvu.tv.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-2-11 23:04
i placed my order with B&H back on Feb 4th and still waiting for them to ship it out to me.  There  ...

The thing is, I've already placed an order through DJI. I chatted with one of their representative to confirm availability, they said that it is, so I went for it. 10 days later, I'm still waiting while it is available on B&H.  I am in the process of trying to cancel my order and get my money back, no response so far on that matter, it's been 2 days. I just want to get the whole return process completed before B&H runs out of stock. I believe in DJI products but their customer support sucks bad. By the way guys, it's Chinese New Years this weekend, expect further delays since many businesses in China shuts down completely for a few days.
2015-2-11
Use props
rockholdpro.aol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2675807 ft
United States

Ordered mine 1/27/15... Asked customer support 2/9/15 when expected ship date would be and they said "To be honest, it might be a few more weeks." Canceled my order and ordered from coptershop.com Tuesday 2/10 AM, it was sent out Tuesday PM and will arrive in Charlotte, NC Monday!
DJI did refund my order quickly, it took about 12-15 hours to get fully credited back.

Happy Flying! See you in the forums!
2015-2-12
Use props
jon.cloutier.gm
lvl.1

United States

Ordered on Feb 2. The website said 10-15 days. After a number of tries to customer support, was informed that it wouldn't ship until March sometime. If you go to the store to order one today, it's still telling people 10-15 days. Whatever it says, triple it and a a couple more weeks of frustration dealing with poor customer support. Your best bet is ordering from a reseller after verifying they have stock. Like others in this thread, I'm struggling with DJI to get a refund since they won't allow an easy cancellation through the website. What a nightmare.
2015-2-12
Use props
nightlust.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Yuck, all these posts make me sad. I really hope DJI gets their act together. $4000 is a hefty purchase to be left in the dark about expected delivery date. I mean I have pre-ordered iPhones and stuff before and had to wait months for it, however I was aware of this when I purchased. Telling us 10-15 days when in reality its more like 30-45 days is pretty terrible support. They are making money hands over fist here, a little update seems in order. I would cancel and order elsewhere, but I am worried that will be a nightmare too.

/sigh
2015-2-12
Use props
tvmcdaniels.gma
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft
United States

here are my details ordered the dual remote direct from DJI 1/31 told 10-15 days emailed to verify and my response was this

Storeagent02 (DJI)

Feb 11, 15:12

Dear customer,
Thank you for emailing DJI online store.
Your order is estimated to be shipped next month.
We are deeply sorry for the delay.We experienced an unusual large
numbes of orders, which disrupted our normal delivery schedule.
We will try our best to ship your order as soon as possible.
Your kind understanding is much appreciated.

I also will be waiting a while
2015-2-12
Use props
tungvu.tv.gmail
lvl.1

United States

Cancelled my order from DJI, got my refund. Ordered my Inspire 1 from B&H, they shipped the same day. It should be at my address by Monday next week.

Happy flying everybody.
2015-2-12
Use props
JakeLikesStuff
lvl.3

United States

I got my delivery notification today. Ordered Jan 22nd, delivery noticed received during early morning hours of Feb 13th. Fed Ex has estimated delivery from China to CA on Feb 17th. Yay!
2015-2-13
Use props
jon.cloutier.gm
lvl.1

United States

jon.cloutier.gm Posted at 2015-2-12 21:49
Ordered on Feb 2. The website said 10-15 days. After a number of tries to customer support, was info ...

As a follow-up, contacted DJI and asked to cancel my order. After a couple emails back and forth they canceled it and promptly refunded my money. One of the reasons for the delay they cited was the Chinese New Year...I can understand that, but they should update their website to inform potential buyers of the actual time it will take to ship. Even today it still says 10-15 days but they are at least 30 days behind on filling orders. I ordered from B&H and it's scheduled to arrive this morning.
2015-2-13
Use props
Auto Bot
lvl.1

United States

JakeLikesStuff Posted at 2015-2-13 17:42
I got my delivery notification today. Ordered Jan 22nd, delivery noticed received during early morni ...

Congratulations! FedEx delivered mine today instead of Monday. After a couple hours of prep and video review I enjoyed my first flawless 7 minute flight today. Very happy customer right now!

My dual controller order only shipped with one for now, prop locks were included. Several short return home tests and rock solid stability in a slight cross wind. I am use to complete hands on flying, this thing is so easy to fly it is actually a little unsettling at first. For video though, it will be terrific!
2015-2-13
Use props
jaisonp
New

United States

Check this out pretty kool ideas in etsy for DJI INSPIRE 1 https://www.etsy.com/listing/222562637/dji-inspire-1-stickers
2015-2-13
Use props
philbard
lvl.2
United States

Ordered my Inspire Jan. 6th, it arrived yesterday. Everything in order, flies great so far. Only included one controller as expected, the second one was split off into a separate order with a PENDING status, so no indication as to how long it will take.
2015-2-14
Use props
Markwiss
lvl.1

United States

I think DJI are just starting to get it.  I ordered from DJI and was told up front the middle of March.  The reason
I am waiting is that the 'latest/greatest' firmware will be in place
2015-2-15
Use props
Markwiss
lvl.1

United States

Plus I am not going outside 'til then anyway.
2015-2-15
Use props
Jimmy07r1.gmail
lvl.1
United States

Ordered mine from dji on the 30th of January. Guess I'll be getting mine by June lol
2015-2-15
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Re: CopterShop.  Does anyone know if this company is an authorized reseller?  If you have a problem with your Inspire, are you able to get DJI to service it or do you have to go through CopterShop?  If you purchase the Inspire 1 from the Coptershop, does it carry the same Manufacturer's warranty against defects?
2015-2-17
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

tungvu.tv.gmail Posted at 2015-2-13 15:34
Cancelled my order from DJI, got my refund. Ordered my Inspire 1 from B&H, they shipped the same day ...

Mine is coming Wed from B&H. I ordered the dual controller system.  Did you order the single or dual?  My second controller went into process yesterday, called them in the morning to confirm it was shipping and they said it would.  Checked in the afternoon and it showed that it was back in "Order" status on their site.  They said it was a miscommunication and that I would still need to wait for the second controller to show up.  Thinking of canceling the order for the larger battery. I see them available on Amazon.
2015-2-17
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-2-18 00:14
Mine is coming Wed from B&H. I ordered the dual controller system.  Did you order the single or du ...

B&H has been showing out of stock on the dual controller for quite sometime now.  How long ago did you order it?
2015-2-17
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-18 01:52
B&H has been showing out of stock on the dual controller for quite sometime now.  How long ago did ...

I ordered it back on Feb 4th.  
2015-2-17
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Just placed my order with CopterShop for a dual controller and a TB48.  Ships out today!  Yeah!!!! Now I have to get DJI to cancel my order.  Unfortunately they are not back until 2/25.  Ugh!!!

CopterShop folks were really nice.  They explained to me that my Inspire 1 will come with the normal DJI Manufacturer's Warranty.  
2015-2-17
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-18 03:04
Just placed my order with CopterShop for a dual controller and a TB48.  Ships out today!  Yeah!!!! N ...

Great deal!  I might cancel my order with B&H for the larger battery and order through CopterShop.  
2015-2-17
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-2-18 03:09
Great deal!  I might cancel my order with B&H for the larger battery and order through CopterShop. ...

They have them in shop NOW.  Not sure for how long.  They said that they can only ship grown/surface because of the milliamp (some kind of shipping restrictions).
2015-2-17
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Does anyone know what the process is to cancel an order with DJI?  I though there was an automated process.
2015-2-17
Use props
Mjdflying
lvl.1

United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-17 21:01
Re: CopterShop.  Does anyone know if this company is an authorized reseller?  If you have a problem  ...

I ordered two TB48 and a additional charger with cord from them last week, it just showed up today well before the listed shipping window. I am very pleased, everything was packaged very well and showed up in genuine sealed DJI boxes.

2015-2-17
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mjdflying Posted at 2015-2-18 08:24
I ordered two TB48 and a additional charger with cord from them last week, it just showed up today ...

I ordered my Inspire (dual controller) and single TB48 battery today. Received UPS Tracking information an it will be delivered on Tuesday.  7 day delivery from the day that I placed my order.  I'm very happy with that for sure.  Thanks guys for turning me onto coptershop.com
2015-2-17
Use props
Jimmy07r1.gmail
lvl.1
United States

Ultraturtle that's not completely true. I did email them to cancel and purchased from somewhere here in the states.  I GOT A GENERIC BS EMAIL ABOUT THAT AS WELL!!!

They responded by asking if I am in aware that I emailed China and basically gave the gist to contact who I ordered with stateside.  YEAH, I'm aware- I ordered from them direct so they are my dealer. Idiots. I'm done. DJI--get your s#&! together.
Sorry I answered ultraturtle order cancellation. The thread showed up out of order in my phone. So I'm getting the run around from dji and they still have my money. Very very disheartening to say the least.
2015-2-17
Use props
eventimprove
lvl.1

Germany

I ordered On Jan 20th. They told me it will be shiped first part of Feb. Untill now it is only pending. It is for my business and I think I will loose someof my  customers. Than U DJI
2015-2-18
Use props
Shaun.capps
New

United States

When are orders being shipped?
2015-2-18
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Shaun.capps@gma Posted at 2015-2-19 12:35
When are orders being shipped?

If you are referring to DJI, I could not get a definitive answer.  This is why .... when I was told that coptershop.com had them in stock and would ship the same day, I ordered it from them and cancelled my order with DJI.  Unfortunately I don't expect to get my refund from DJI until after the Chinese New Year.  According to their automated email (they return on 2/25).  According to UPS tracking my coptershop.com order will arrive in 5 business days.  That was for free shipping (which was UPS Ground).
2015-2-19
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

tungvu.tv.gmail Posted at 2015-2-13 15:34
Cancelled my order from DJI, got my refund. Ordered my Inspire 1 from B&H, they shipped the same day ...

Did your order come ok and did you get both controllers?  Mine came this past Wed and the prop locks did not ship with it. Had the latest software update but no prop locks :-(Ps. Still waiting on the other controller to ship from B&H
2015-2-22
Use props
Adamos
New

Canada

Thus far, I am quite pleased with everything. The drone arrived in a timely fashion, and had zero issues setting up and test flying the Inspire 1. I am looking forward to what innovation those who will contribute to the open sources will bring to the table.
Recently ordered a 2nd battery to have a longer flight day. Im sure to order a third in due time.
practice patience, it is worth the wait IMO.
2015-2-23
Use props
JKent
lvl.1

United States

I would love to hear from other people who ordered through DSLR Pros.

I placed my order for a 2-controller package back in December and received my Inspire with 1 controller in January with a promise that DJI would be shipping the 2-controller models to DSLR Pros shortly. Here it's almost March and all kinds of people are getting 2-controller models through other resellers and DSLR Pros still hasn't received any shipments from DJI to fulfill anyone's 2nd controller orders.

In talking with DSLR Pros they said they're on the phone with DJI several times a day and get tons of calls and emails a day from customers waiting on their controllers but they have no ETA to provide as DJI still hasn't shipped to them.

For such a large distributor this doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense. I'm hoping DJI will communicate what the wait will be to them because at this point I'm wishing I could just return the entire unit and place the order through copter shop.

I'm also waiting on a TB48 battery from DSLR Pros which they said they also haven't received any shipments of yet.

Is anybody else running into this problem with DSLR Pros?
2015-2-23
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JKent Posted at 2015-2-24 06:57
I would love to hear from other people who ordered through DSLR Pros.

I placed my order for a 2-con ...

Not exactly what you were asking but I had a GREAT experience with coptershop.com.  I was in your situation with DJI where I had an order with DJI and absolutely NO idea when it was going to ship.  I cancelled my order with DJI and ordered my Dual Controller Inspire 1 and a TB48 Battery.  After 5 business days from the time I placed my order, I'm happy to say it is out for delivery by UPS today.  Something seriously to consider.  My only concern now is getting props.  I'm hoping like coptershop.com being able to provide the TB48 and Inspire ... I will hear on this forum where I can get props.  Good luck with your decision with DSLR Pros.
2015-2-24
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-24 20:14
Not exactly what you were asking but I had a GREAT experience with coptershop.com.  I was in your  ...

I will be interested to know if yours comes with the prop locks inside the case.  Mine from B&H did not have them and I am now stuck waiting on them to come in and then be shipped to me.
2015-2-24
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-2-24 21:35
I will be interested to know if yours comes with the prop locks inside the case.  Mine from B&H di ...

I can let you know definitely next week (out of town) but I can say for sure that coptershop.com said they were sending it with the prop locks as well as both controllers.
2015-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules