Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
QUESTION FOR DJI ABOUT SHIPPING DELAY [Main thread for delivery discussion]
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my dual Controller Inspire 1 and a TB48 Battery from coptershop.com yesterday.  Right on time (5 business days).  Now all I have to do is get DJI to issue me a credit for the order I cancelled last week.  Hopefully that will not take too long.  They are supposed to be back to work today (2/25) right?
2015-2-25
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

My second controller is shipping out today from B&H.  Can't wait for it to get here.  I originally placed my order back on the Feb 4th.   Now just need to find someone who sells extra props.  
2015-2-25
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-2-26 00:42
My second controller is shipping out today from B&H.  Can't wait for it to get here.  I originally p ...

Cool ... I'm looking for extra props and power supply.
2015-2-25
Use props
JKent
lvl.1

United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-24 20:14
Not exactly what you were asking but I had a GREAT experience with coptershop.com.  I was in your  ...

I stopped by coptershop's storefront a week ago to pick up some extra batteries. Seems like a good operation and they were super helpful. I wish I would have ordered from them so I could have my second controller already
2015-2-25
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

JKent Posted at 2015-2-26 08:01
I stopped by coptershop's storefront a week ago to pick up some extra batteries. Seems like a good ...

The only reason I ordered from B&H is because of the 30 return policy with no restocking fee.  My controller is on it's way but two weeks after I got the Inspire with one controller.
2015-2-26
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-2-26 20:49
The only reason I ordered from B&H is because of the 30 return policy with no restocking fee.  My  ...

I would be VERY much interested to see if your 2nd controller comes in with a chest strap.  Please share.
2015-2-26
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-26 21:49
I would be VERY much interested to see if your 2nd controller comes in with a chest strap.  Please ...

I am doubting there will even be room in the box for the strap, but I will let everyone know when it arrives next week.
2015-2-26
Use props
chuck
New
Flight distance : 220630 ft
United States

I placed my order Jan. 8th and have not heard anything from anyone.  Is this a typical transaction when dealing directly with DJI.  I ordered from them because no one else had inventory, now I am receiving email's that retailers have inventory.
2015-2-26
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

chuck@getcreati Posted at 2015-2-27 01:08
I placed my order Jan. 8th and have not heard anything from anyone.  Is this a typical transaction w ...

Are you referring to the Inspire itself?  If so, you may want to check directly with coptershop.com.  From the time I placed my order, I had my dual controller inspire delivered to me (w/prop locks) via UPS in 5 business days.
2015-2-26
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Clem2099 Posted at 2015-2-26 23:27
I am doubting there will even be room in the box for the strap, but I will let everyone know when  ...

Thanks that would be most appreciated.
2015-2-26
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I just received my second Inspire-1 with two remotes from Coptershop EXCELLENT! delivery was in Canada next day! paid extra for UPS overnite saver!... you only get ONE harness with the 2 remote setup . Looks like the first Harness is complimentary from DJI
Decided NOT to buy direct from DJI :-)

BIG Thanks to rsghowellnj for the very useful tip!
2015-2-27
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-2-28 04:20
I just received my second Inspire-1 with two remotes from Coptershop EXCELLENT! delivery was in Cana ...

That is great and glad it worked out.  Thanks for letting me know about the 2nd harness.
2015-2-27
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-28 04:31
That is great and glad it worked out.  Thanks for letting me know about the 2nd harness.

updated both remotes and craft to new firmware no problems
2015-2-27
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ordered mine in January and it is finally showing shipped. I ordered the dual controller version, but it doesn't appear to have both controllers shipping with the Inspire. This is pretty disappointing after waiting so long.

Does anyone else have this problem with their order?
2015-2-28
Use props
cesarsotelo7
lvl.1

United States

@RICHJ53 ordered mine Feb 12th. Still pending......
2015-2-28
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

arunmehta Posted at 2015-2-28 06:05
updated both remotes and craft to new firmware no problems

I can see why you are smiling! Seems others have not been so lucky.
2015-2-28
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

Ordered mine Feb. 2/15 listed as "ENDING" I sent DJI an email and asked when I could expect delivery. And they answered "by mid March, due to higher then expected sales" So I guess I'll have to wait and see what happens Mid March.
2015-3-1
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Fred D Posted at 2015-3-2 01:26
Ordered mine Feb. 2/15 listed as "PENDING" I sent DJI an email and asked when I could expect deliver ...

Looks like when one orders DIRECT from DJI you are automatically behind all the BIG dealers and you are ordering a manufacture from scratch.. I think they should stop taking direct orders and dealers do their selling  this way the customer will get better service and after sales care. i got my 2nd Isnpire-one  NEXT day after i ordered from coptershop.com
2015-3-2
Use props
Thranth
lvl.1

Canada

Just got confirmation minutes ago from multirotorheli.ca
Shipping 2 units out to me this morning. Woot.
2015-3-2
Use props
benjaminsink
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my dual setup from www.dronesetc.com on Jan 20th, still waiting on second controller. The unfortunate part is that my Inspire has already been damaged and sent in for repair. I'm curious as to which I'll get back first, the repaired Inspire or the second controller

2015-3-2
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Struggling to find a 2nd charger.  Anyone know where to find one on the net?  Coptershop.com is on backorder and so is B&H.  Looking for some help if anyone has a resource.
2015-3-2
Use props
rsghowellnj
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-3-3 05:08
Struggling to find a 2nd charger.  Anyone know where to find one on the net?  Coptershop.com is on b ...

http://www.allerc.com - they have chargers in stock!  I placed an order and they shipped same day.  4 days ground delivery was free from Arizona to Florida.  
2015-3-2
Use props
bdmartens
lvl.2

Canada

Well, I haven't seen any feedback yet for www.dronedepot.com .  I'm curious if any out there have purchased from them.  I ordered a 2-controller + 2 extra batteries and an extra charger back on Jan 1st, and I'm still waiting.  Apparently they have one-controller versions, just not two controller versions.

Has anyone successfully ordered an inspire from dronedepot?

Thanks!
2015-3-2
Use props
jamesandrestewa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 783875 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're important to DJI's bottom line you'll be first to get one.Maybe if you claim you'll buy dozens for 4D aerial mapping.
If DJI assumes you'll buy a bunch of Inspires or help them to sell a bunch they'll have one on your door step in no time.
Check YouTube for some examples.
I know of several companies that have received them after only waiting several days.

Storeagent01 (DJI)
Mar 3, 16:18
Dear James
Thank you for getting back to us
We are sorry for keep you waiting. But we do have no stock available at the moment.
We will send it to you once the new batch of Inspire 1 arrived, it should be around this week. Once we shipped it out, we will email you the tracking number then. Thank you for understanding
Wish you have a great day.
Best Regards
DJI

James Stew        
James Stewart
Mar 3, 03:25

Please send my drone today.

Sent from my iPhone
James Stewart

James Stew        
James Stewart
Mar 2, 20:12

Please ship my Inspire 1 today and stop providing excuses.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
James Stewart

Storeagent        
Storeagent01 (DJI)
Feb 27, 18:59

Dear James
Thank you for your kindly understanding and nice cooperation
You are right, we will reflect it to our manager and will improve it.
We will email you after shipped out.Thank you so much again
Best Regards
DJI

James Stew        
James Stewart
Feb 27, 11:09

No I'd rather not cancel. Though it's been nearly a month since I've submitted my order.

I do believe the quality of the product will be superior to that of the ordering process.

Having a definitive ship/arrival date would do so much to quail your customers.

Also I would suggest removing the 10-15 day ship date.

Thank you for your response and attention to this.

I hope that DJI will make every effort to fill my order as quickly as possible without sacrificing quality.

Best Regards,

Storeagent        
Storeagent01 (DJI)
Feb 27, 10:39

Dear James
We are sorry about that. In that case, do you prefer us to cancel the order and refund you?
Please kindly confirm with us. Thank you
Hope to hear from you soon
Best Regards
DJI

James Stew        
James Stewart
Feb 26, 20:01

No I'm unable to wait any longer.

Sent from my iPhone
James Stewart

Storeagent        
Storeagent01 (DJI)
Feb 26, 18:20

Dear James
Thank you for getting back to us
We are sorry for keep you waiting. We have already back from the holidays. Since the holidays, the production of Inspire 1 is a little delayed. Now the order still have not shipped out. Could you kindly wait for few more days? It should be around the next week. Please kindly advise.

Thank you for your kindly understanding and patience.
Best Regards
DJI

James Stew        
James Stewart
Feb 25, 12:36

> Hello,

Is there an updated ship date?
>
>
> Storeagent01 (DJI)
> Feb 17, 14:52
>
> Dear James
> Thank you for contacting DJI
> We are sorry for keep you waiting. The shipment is a little delayed
>
> Now all of the order from North America before Jan 26th have shipped out already. So it will be soon for us to send your order out.
> But since we are going to leave for the Chinese New year holidays from February 18th to February 25th, there is no shipping service during the holidays, we will arrange the shipment around the end of the February or the beginning of the March.
> Once we shipped it out, we will keep you informed and email you the tracking number.
>
> Thank you for your kindly understanding and patience.
> Best Regards
> DJI
>
>
>
>
> James Stewart
> Feb 17, 06:51
>
> Hello,
>
> I wanted to verify if this order would be delayed or if it would ship in the time specified on the DJI website.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> 408.614.3984
> James Stewart
>
> Kind regards,
> DJI (Online Sales Support team)
>
> This email is a service from DJI. Delivered by Zendesk <http://www.zendesk.com/help-desk ... n&utm_campaign=text>.
> Message-Id:3HC1XAY8_54e2e5435c814_faf3ffa054cd32811302c_sprut
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: James Stewart <JamesS@dpr.com>
> To: DJI Innovations <[url=mailtonlinesales@dji.com]onlinesales@dji.com[/url]>
> Subject: Re: [DJI] Re: Order Number: 001111771136
> Date: February 17, 2015 at 2:58:00 AM PST
>
> Hello,
>
> I understand the need for celebration. Though that is beyond the 10-15 (working) day(s) and extends into nearly 30 days from the date of purchase.
>
> I deplore DJI to uphold their original agreement. I'm afraid the experience I've had up until this point is disconcerting.
>
> Having the product within the aforementioned time would go a long way in developing and retaining a new customer relation.
>
> Also, there was no mention or warning that my purchase would be further delayed beyond the 10-15 days. It took a personal inquiry which yielded negative results.
>
> Include the double payment charge early on and now the news of a holiday shut down; I'm rather disappointed and the easiest solution is to simply have the product out when DJI agreed to.
>
> Is their an escalation path outside of canceling the order in protest that you can suggest? I am willing to pick up my purchase in person.
>
> Please advise,
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> 408.614.3984
> James Stewart
>
> On Feb 16, 2015, at 10:52 PM, Storeagent01 (DJI Innovations) <[url=mailtonlinesales@dji.com]onlinesales@dji.com[/url] <mailtonlinesales@dji.com>> wrote:
>
>>

James Stew        
James Stewart
Feb 17, 18:58

Hello,

I understand the need for celebration. Though that is beyond the 10-15 (working) day(s) and extends into nearly 30 days from the date of purchase.

I deplore DJI to uphold their original agreement. I'm afraid the experience I've had up until this point is disconcerting.

Having the product within the aforementioned time would go a long way in developing and retaining a new customer relation.

Also, there was no mention or warning that my purchase would be further delayed beyond the 10-15 days. It took a personal inquiry which yielded negative results.

Include the double payment charge early on and now the news of a holiday shut down; I'm rather disappointed and the easiest solution is to simply have the product out when DJI agreed to.

Is their an escalation path outside of canceling the order in protest that you can suggest? I am willing to pick up my purchase in person.

Please advise,

Sent from my iPhone
James Stewart

Storeagent        
Storeagent01 (DJI)
Feb 17, 14:52

Dear James
Thank you for contacting DJI
We are sorry for keep you waiting. The shipment is a little delayed

Now all of the order from North America before Jan 26th have shipped out already. So it will be soon for us to send your order out.
But since we are going to leave for the Chinese New year holidays from February 18th to February 25th, there is no shipping service during the holidays, we will arrange the shipment around the end of the February or the beginning of the March.
Once we shipped it out, we will keep you informed and email you the tracking number.

Thank you for your kindly understanding and patience.
Best Regards
DJI

James Stew        
James Stewart
Feb 17, 06:51

Hello,

I wanted to verify if this order would be delayed or if it would ship in the time specified on the DJI website.

Sent from my iPhone
James Stewart

Kind regards,
DJI (Online Sales Support team)

This email is a service from DJI. Delivered by Zendesk.
Message-Id:3HC1XAY8_54f56e44c174e_66ae3fafe24cd32c20576b0_sprut
2015-3-3
Use props
Clem2099
lvl.2

United States

rsghowellnj@gma Posted at 2015-2-26 21:49
I would be VERY much interested to see if your 2nd controller comes in with a chest strap.  Please ...

As the other member stated, no strap included with the second controller I got yesterday.
2015-3-3
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft
United States

I ordered dual controller inspire 1/31/2015 and I emailed them yesterday and got this as a reply        

Storeagent02 (DJI)

Mar 2,

Dear Travis,

Thank you so much for your email.
It is estimated that your order will soon be shipped out with tracking number.
Please do not worry about it.

Thank you

just wishing it would ship soon
2015-3-3
Use props
PaulMTompkins
New

United States

I am only reporting data for those that are trying to track progress. My payment was confirmed on 2/9/2014 and I am patiently waiting for my turn to receive my dual control Inspire 1.
2015-3-3
Use props
e350coupe
lvl.2

Canada

I ordered on February 8th and payment verified on 9th.  Cash immediately withdrawn from my account via PayPal.  When I placed my order it stated shipping in 5-10 business days after money confirmed.

Now comes February 19th I send them an e-mail inquiring as to my shipment, as it is now business day 9 of 5-10 that was quoted.  No reply now it is buisness day 17 and I get an e-mail requesting for me to rate their service, needless to say I have had no service, and I start to choose that option and I am forwarded to a site which states that I have waited too long and ticket for rating them has now been closed.

At this time they have had my cash 24 days, or 17 buisness days or 12 buisness days if you count the week they took off.  This is 2 buisness days longer then they quoted.  At present they are quoting 10-15 buisness days for customers who place their orders today.

One thing I learned in 32 years of Policing is Integrity is everything, people are willing to wait but hate being lied to.  People are quite understanding but hate being deceived.  If you are taking a week off then say so.  If in reality it's 30 days to get your product then tell them that and Do Not Lie, this is unacceptable.

Has anyone received their order in the allowed time period that being 5-10 days 10-15 days or 15-20 days as promised when DJI took your money???
2015-3-3
Use props
tvmcdaniels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49646 ft
United States

just so people know where you are in the line
update status is shipped 3/5/2015
orderd dual controller inspire  on 1/31/2015
2015-3-3
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

Well, my status has changed to " Prepare" ? What ever that means.
2015-3-4
Use props
jimmy07r1
lvl.1
United States

Ordered my Inspire on January 30th. Emailed them a few days after asking if the 10-15 days is accurate. Got an email back stating beginning of March.

Sat back watching everyone getting them from us dealers in 2 and 3 days. Ordered one from a US dealer, got to my house in 2 days. Emailed dji same day as I ordered the other one to cancel but they were closed because or their new year. Got an email stating my request was forwarded to their "team" for review. was going to email them again this week inquiring about my refund but they beat me to it and I heard from them early this morning.

What did they say? THAT MY INSPIRE HAD BEEN SHIPPED!!! customer service is horrible and as a concellation prize I get to own 2 inspires. Mixed emotions. Guess I'll have a back up for if one has to go to them for repair.

OY VEY.
2015-3-4
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Canada

WOW, while I was posting the above statement, my status changed to shipped, with a tracking #. Things are looking good
2015-3-4
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally received my Inspire 1 from DJI on March 4 but less the second remote.  That was disappointing of say the least after such a long and delayed process.

First thing I would like to say is.. it is definitely worth the wait everything looks great. The latest firmware was not installed but if you follow the instructions (flow chart) by Dundee it should be no problem.  Mine is updated now and ready to fly.

My second remote is shipping tomorrow and hopefully I can start using this setup soon.
2015-3-6
Use props
e350coupe
lvl.2

Canada

Payment confirmed on February 9th, just received notice that unit shipped March 6th.  Actual days are 25 days.  Actual business days from payment to shipping is 19 business days.  Given that they took a week off for New Year -5 then actual shipping was 14 business days.  So this is well within their presently posted 10-15 business days.  Now I made a note that it stated 5-10 business days, however I am noting that other people in this ordering time frame stated they observed 10-15 business days, and hence I could be wrong.  So giving the benefit of doubt I would say that DJI is an honest company and doing everything in their ability to meet the expectations of their customers.   
2015-3-6
Use props
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

I've waited seven weeks now. Payment was confirmed on 17th of January and still no word on shipping. How can it be fair or reasonable for others to be shipped before mine as in the post above.
2015-3-7
Use props
e350coupe
lvl.2

Canada

My unit was the basic inspire and whether a clerical mistake or not when I ordered it stated 5-10 days for shipping.  I also noted units ordered and payment confirm date of February 2 shipped March 5th.  Could there be a minor mixup in your order???
2015-3-7
Use props
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

I've already been on the chat with DJI and they have apologised for the delay. I expected to wait longer than the three weeks they first mentioned, but I'm starting to see week 8 looming. It would be nice to have some idea of where in the queue I sit. Are you in the US? I suspect that you guys have a different distribution scheme or priority. I'm in Oz and suppose I just have to wait......
2015-3-8
Use props
mkrier
New

Canada

I am in Canada
2015-3-9
Use props
e350coupe
lvl.2

Canada

I also live in Canada and might be one of the reasons for shipping times.
2015-3-9
Use props
Skippyo
lvl.3

Australia

Just had shipping notification.
Hopefully we'll all soon be flying and enjoying our new gadget. Good Luck with yours mate.
2015-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules